3950 FUT from the amazing Dr. Konior

SamSpade

Remarkable Samspade.

You are a new man ;)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in the old days I could see you starting to sweat.

Good for you man.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I know it is nice right. lucky guy!

What kinda fade/cut is that?

hah, thanks. I basically asked for a pompadour look with very short sides. But now i have to straighten my hair to get this look, (if not it's more of the Kramer look). I may end up in the bathroom more often than my wife at this rate.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

I wanted to take some 10-month shots with my hair wet/damp after a shower as well as show the differences with fine-tooth brushes and wide-tooth combs. I have curly hair and I've chosen to keep the length long while I have a fade cut on the sides (hence my profile pic.) All of these shots were taken under direct light from above, and shortly after a shower. I'll try to have my wife photograph closeups of scar later. Just have to look really close.

15263.jpg

10 Months - Wet w/ Brush

Fine-tooth brush combed back, shortly after shower, under direct light.

15265.jpg

10 Months - Wet w/ Comb to Back

Wide-tooth comb to the back

15264.jpg

10 Months - Wet w/ Comb to the side with part

Edited by SamSpade

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Something is fishy. Today is my 9 month anniversary.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Something is fishy. Today is my 9 month anniversary.

Yeah, this would be categorized as my late entry to my 9 month. So technically it's 10 months now that I think of it. Somewhere I got my months mixed. I'll make the text update, thanks bud.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

You still seem to be getting better and better by the month, which is ridiculous seeing as you had what looked like an 18 month result when you were at month 7! :P

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

You still seem to be getting better and better by the month, which is ridiculous seeing as you had what looked like an 18 month result when you were at month 7! :P

Thanks a lot JohnnyD. I really appreciate it, i'd say it's a testament to Konior studying the rest of my hair (on the sides) and truly trying to match the density and placement. It's now back to where it's supposed to be. I still look back to this shot just to remember how stringy and rough it really was at. Keeps me grateful that I found the right Doc for me.

15215.jpg

Also, it looks like I'm a redhead but the color in that room is just really warm. :)

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Thanks a lot JohnnyD. I really appreciate it, i'd say it's a testament to Konior studying the rest of my hair (on the sides) and truly trying to match the density and placement. It's now back to where it's supposed to be. I still look back to this shot just to remember how stringy and rough it really was at. Keeps me grateful that I found the right Doc for me.

15215.jpg

Also, it looks like I'm a redhead but the color in that room is just really warm. :)

It's insane!

I'm going to Dr Bisanga for my first HT in August for 2,000 FUE. Even with what I have seen and read in the last 6 weeks since placing a deposit, I am 100% confident in my decision.

Although I've said it before, if I had been told I HAD to go the FUT route, I think I'd have to go with Dr K. He seems to knock the two most important things out of the park 1.recipient yield and 2.impeccable scar status.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

It's insane!

Although I've said it before, if I had been told I HAD to go the FUT route, I think I'd have to go with Dr K. He seems to knock the two most important things out of the park 1.recipient yield and 2.impeccable scar status.

Awesome, i'll check out his work for sure. That's great, I hope you find a ton of success with it. I'd agree with your assessment for sure on Dr. K.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

• 10 months later...

Dudes, what's up? Long time. I wanted to update you all on my progress and current status. My surgery was back in June of 2012 and my work by Dr. Konior is still running strong. I just got a haircut today and shaved the sides as close in as I ever have, and confidently so. This shows off how good Konior is at creating an incision that heals fantastically. I might have good healing on my side genetically but I can't say enough about his precision.

J4xddxu.jpggSjFV9B.jpgJu3qXNY.jpg1rI040P.jpg2kajpyh.jpgjTbzTJr.jpg

Pre-op photo:

15215.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Was awesome several months ago, but now it's just insane! :cool:

Congrats man. your results and Spanker's were the reason I went with Dr. Konior

Are you on Propecia btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Incredible.

Current Regimen:

Unbelievable result.

Sam I've been following your journey and this thread for a long time. Congrats on such an amazing result.

Question, do you have any better pre op photos you could share? I know you have a few posted but it's hard to see how much hairloss you had relative to your facial frame as most of the pictures are just close up hairline shots.

Would you mid posting a few more?

Also what did you do post op? Were you able to wear a hat at work or did you just show up and not care?

Thanks and again amazing result.