3950 FUT from the amazing Dr. Konior

SamSpade

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Month update! My hair's natural wave is definitely back. It's coming in stronger on my right side than my left. Since there's a lot of curl it provides a great deal of coverage.

2gt1zdi.jpg

2qdpiu1.jpg

2qbhzqc.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

You still have a lot to go and plenty of time to do it. My guess is there will be a big difference in your 6 and 7 month pics. My left came in slower too. I am about 10 days from my 5 month update.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nice, congrats dude. We're on the same konior journey, a koirney if you will. Your progress looks dope.

So my right side is thinner and I assume too that it correlates with the fact that it was thinner than my left before the transplant too. More native hair in general in one zone over the other. (Overall everything is thicker than it was before already) What do you think, was your left side thinner before the transplant?

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Nice, congrats dude. We're on the same konior journey, a koirney if you will. Your progress looks dope.

So my right side is thinner and I assume too that it correlates with the fact that it was thinner than my left before the transplant too. More native hair in general in one zone over the other. (Overall everything is thicker than it was before already) What do you think, was your left side thinner before the transplant?

Actually no. My right was thinner, but it makes since that your left would be thinner now if it was before. It will grow in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's a good start. And by wetting it you are showing it at its worst. Not bad!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That's a good start. And by wetting it you are showing it at its worst. Not bad!

Thanks a lot. Yeah, i figured that showed it in it's true state the best. Here's to month 6.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Ok, just saw the dry pics. You're looking VERY good for five months. Month 5-6 are usually the best, but everyone is different.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• 3 weeks later...

6 months, everything's coming in great. These shots are taken under direct light from above in the restroom so it can show remaining thin areas. The great thing is that these thin areas aren't noticable every day unless I'm under harsh light. Also I can still feel new hairs sprouting through when I tough the recipient zone.

My natural crazy wavy curl is coming back though I haven't been able to comb my hair back like this since freshman year of college. This process is like a time machine. Thanks Dr. Konior.

IMG_5745.jpg3486q38.jpg

With some light hair product and water.

IMG_5746.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Damn dude!!!!!!!!

That really looks good!

You will be looking like Opie from Sons of Anarchy before you know it.

View Spanker's Website

Thanks everyone, your encouragement truly means a lot to me. Thanks for all the support you guys provide. Aside from the fantastic hairline design that made me select Dr. Konior, I look at my post-op and I'm still impressed with how clean everything is. That shot reveals the maximum amount of blood I ever saw. The surgery was truly a breeze before and after.

Here's an update to my all-in-one progress tally from pre-op to 6 months.

progress_master2.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

That is really great that comparison of progress you have made above.

Great stuff.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Love it!

Looking at the one month pic, you must have had a lot of shock loss. But it all came back pretty fast.

Love it!

Looking at the one month pic, you must have had a lot of shock loss. But it all came back pretty fast.

True, i didn't really know what shockloss was or if i was effected. But i still did have hair in the front originally, just always combed it forward. Then for the surgery he shaved it the zone to maximize success. I couldn't tell what fell out but i think most of the grafts did. How do you define shock loss? I'm still foggy on it i suppose.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

How do you define shock loss? I'm still foggy on it i suppose.

Two different kinds, (1) permanent shock and (2) temporary shock. Both are caused by the trauma of the surgery. Temporarily shocked hairs grow back a few months down the road, they are usually more healthy (for instance, shock loss in the donor area). More often than not, the permanently shocked hairs were miniaturized and were dying a slow death in the first place. A HT just sped up the process for them.

Obviously, you had more of the temporary shock loss. But if you did lose a few hairs permanently the new ones more than made up for it.

Nice progress mate. Dr. Konior is a great guy and an even better HT surgeon. Based on your progress to date, by months 12-16 months, your going to be extremely happy with your results. He is one of the very few doctors I would allow to touch my head.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 1 month later...

7-month update. things have moved a little slower than the last month, and my hair curl is back, but it's progressed. Since the length is a little longer, it's tricky to know how much progress has happened, and my temple corners feel less thick than the middle of the front.

7_months_front.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album