3950 FUT from the amazing Dr. Konior

SamSpade

Hey guys,

This is my first post and I wanted to share my journey and hair transplant by Dr. Raymond Konior, who is located in the Chicagoland area, US.

I had roughly 3950 grafts all placed by his skillful hands and have been extremely pleased with the progress so far. It hasn't even been three months since my July 2012 procedure but I felt I should start a post to encourage anyone else interested.

This network truly helped me get to the decision I feared regretting-- going with a bad surgeon. So for that I thank you guys. Fear not with Dr. Konior, he's an artist like many have stated prior; particularly with realistic density and masterful hairlines.

Below are images from the night before the procedure, 3 days after, and 2.5 months in. Here's to more progress. Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts.

Hair Restoration Site for Sam Spade

night-before.jpeg.b43f1e86b79fc70a490156844f154a24.jpeg

2days.jpeg.403cca35bc68c2e9ec3ee51af61f2d53.jpeg

photo.jpg.30908fa21dc8d6e37bd3160a89171f28.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your Konior ht! And thank you for sharing your experience and journey (your hair restoration site is particularly thorough and well done). You wisely chose one of the very best ht docs in the world. Everyone should heed your advice not to "go cheap" when deciding on a ht doc, even if you must beg, borrow, finance, or steal. This is cosmetic surgery, after all, and you want the very best cosmetic surgeon you can find. That usually means paying more for their skill, talent, and experience. Looking for per-graft "bargains" is fraught with peril.

Also great for you that Dr. K managed to get nearly 1,000 more grafts than were targeted.

I think you made the right call to leave your crown be for now and let Dr. K work his magic in your frontal half.

You're right at the point where great things should be about to happen. Please do keep us updated of your progress. Grow well!

Wow! I can tell this result is going to be dynamite. I absolutely cannot wait to watch it progress. Please, keep us updated!

Congratulations on the procedure!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats on your Konior ht! And thank you for sharing your experience and journey (your hair restoration site is particularly thorough and well done). You wisely chose one of the very best ht docs in the world. Everyone should heed your advice not to "go cheap" when deciding on a ht doc, even if you must beg, borrow, finance, or steal. This is cosmetic surgery, after all, and you want the very best cosmetic surgeon you can find. That usually means paying more for their skill, talent, and experience. Looking for per-graft "bargains" is fraught with peril.

Also great for you that Dr. K managed to get nearly 1,000 more grafts than were targeted.

You're totally right, I waited for a good 2 or 3 years until i knew i was financially ready to pay for the best. I always knew eventually I'd get one, and I got well more grafts than I ever expected. Thanks man, appreciate it.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Look's f'in great. The business.

Look at the skill and care that has gone into placing those grafts.

If I go for a HT I'm 99% sure it would be with Dr K

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey guys,

This is my first post and I wanted to share my journey and hair transplant by Dr. Raymond Konior, who is located in the Chicagoland area, US.

I had roughly 3950 grafts all placed by his skillful hands and have been extremely pleased with the progress so far. It hasn't even been three months since my July 2012 procedure but I felt I should start a post to encourage anyone else interested.

This network truly helped me get to the decision I feared regretting-- going with a bad surgeon. So for that I thank you guys. Fear not with Dr. Konior, he's an artist like many have stated prior; particularly with realistic density and masterful hairlines.

Below are images from the night before the procedure, 3 days after, and 2.5 months in. Here's to more progress. Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts.

Hair Restoration Site for Sam Spade

Hello SamSpade,

Thanks for sharing the positive news. I look forward to seeing more as you are further out from the surgery date. I guess soon you will be starring in a film noir sporting a dashing mane and a femme fatale on your arm. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

It's killer that you received almost 1,000 bonus grafts! Dr. Konior is easily in the top 5 HT surgeons in North America. His results consistently speak for themselves, and it looks as if you are on the way for another one of his amazing transformations!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Look's f'in great. The business.

Look at the skill and care that has gone into placing those grafts.

If I go for a HT I'm 99% sure it would be with Dr K

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Yeah I think that's a good plan. For about 3 years I followed all of Dr. Konior's patients and results and admired his lack of schmoozy marketing alongside his realistic hairline designs. I just knew deep down that eventually he'd be my guy when I had the cash flow, and he completely outperformed himself as a surgeon and how he treated me as a person. He's just a guy who nerds out over hair, he loves it and the impact a hairline has on framing the face naturally.

I see you're in the UK. Even better is that he's right outside of Chicago, so if you flew in someday you would have a great reason to come see a gorgeous city.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Hey guys,

I've hit my 3-month mark. I've got some sprouting going on, the hairline design is starting to come in. Below are shots of my progress, which is fairly close to where I might have been without the transplant now that the native hairs have grown in. Though I know the hairline framing wouldn't have been there, you can just see where my thinning areas on the front and right temple have been. One shot shows my hair without the above bathroom light, and shot in lower light.

Front combed back, living room combed back, side combed back, and combed forward. (optimal styling for now. :)

Here's to month #4!

3-month-combed-back.jpg.7f73a4104495347ba8b1a0f712c05abd.jpg

3-month-living-room.jpg.6e605a43efe6e287491ed823e8b600ec.jpg

3-month-side.jpg.139355c42813ffcd5fe3a23c5e80d52e.jpg

3-month-combed-forward.jpg.94d0154e7503c34d8fff367254bc754c.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Great write up Sam Spade. Thanks for that. You obviously chose a great doc, and equally importantly, the right Dr for you, you seem very enthused by him. I love it. Your 3 months images look like your are right on track for some great early growth. Heres to the very best of luck for the months ahead. Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...

Growth coming in at my 4-month mark. My hair's a little longer and the sprouts show up all the time. It's hard to tell how long they've gotten but the general thickness is definitely progressing. Here's to month 5. I can see where my thinner spots always were when my hair initially started thinning in college, the middle in the front and my right side temple. So it's little bit like going back in time to 2003, haha. I know that those sections will even out once their all completely grown in.

Thanks again Dr. K.

4-month-front.jpg.7efed27c189d426d8be85f2b98d7babc.jpg

4-months-side.jpg.6f0db4562ea3ece1fa042da96afc5a19.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Good question on the scar. at the 2-month mark it itched a lot, now I don't think about it hardly at all. I can feel it, but my wife has to peer deep in to the hair to even find it. Dr. Konior is a masterfully clean surgeon, and it healed quickly after the sutures were removed. I don't think I saw more than a few dry spots of blood in the entire process. Seriously, it was a blood-free experience.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Wow! Early growth! Congratulations. Thank you for the updates, Sam!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Wow Sam,

It all looks great! Congrats and all the best .... really looking forward to see future updates. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi sama15025, I was reviewing forum posts and did not see any update on how things were for you. If you have the time it would be great to learn if you got answers that has helped you to move forward in resolving your hair loss. If you hane any more questions, just ask. All the Best, Michael.

Hello SamSpade,

Thanks for posting the pics, I was interested to see how things are progressing. Looks pretty good from the pics. How are your feeling about your progress? What difference are you experiencing? All the best, Michael.

• 1 month later...