Potential Recommendation of Dr. Patrick Mwamba of Brussels, Belgium

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We’d like to gather your input and opinions regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Patrick Mwamba of Brussels, Belgium on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Mwamba is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Mwamba has undergone extensive training and has worked with a number of reputable physicians including Coalition members Dr. Paul Rose and Dr. Jean Devroye. Dr. Mwamba has over 12 years of experience and performs exclusive hair transplant surgery at his clinic World Hair Transplant Center (myWHTC) in Brussels, Belgium. He also operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day depending on the size of the procedure.

In order to best serve his patients, Dr. Mwamba believes he must learn and master all available hair restoration techniques and procedures.

Dr. Mwamba performs high quality follicular unit hair transplantation and is one of the early developers of the follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique - also referred to as the follicular isolation technique (FIT). While Dr. Mwamba regularly offers both FUT and FUE/FIT at his clinic, he performs vastly more FUE procedures at his clinic today. He also offers and specializes in repair cases, eyebrow reconstruction and BHT (body hair transplantation - transferring body hair follicles to balding areas of the scalp) when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Mwamba and his dedicated staff have the ability to perform sessions exceeding 3000 grafts via FUT and 2500 grafts via FUE over a 2 to 3 day period when appropriate for the patient. For qualified candidates, Dr. Mwamba will use a combination of scalp and body hair in order to maximize the number of grafts available for transplanting. Recognizing that not everyone is suited for BHT, Dr. Mwamba uses very strict criteria in determining who is an appropriate candidate.

Dr. Mwamba offers both traditional and "unshaven" FUE. While unshaven FUE is more time consuming and costs a little bit more, patients who undergo this technique can resume their daily activities without having to find ways to conceal their shaven donor area.

Dr. Mwamba uses advanced, state of the art techniques in all surgical hair restoration procedure he performs. Dr. Mwamba uses a double layer trichophytic closure in order to minimize tension on the wound during FUT and creates tiny recipient incisions as small as .8mm. He also uses punches as small as .8mm to extract grafts during his FUE procedure.

For those in the states interested in his services, Dr. Mwamba also has a consultation office in Johns Creek, Georgia, just North of Atlanta. Dr. Mwamba is also a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery), ESHRS (European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Given Dr. Mwamba's vast experience in performing quality FUT and FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Mwamba has presented numerous examples of his recent FUE and FUT results on this forum. Dr. Mwamba's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

1093 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Mwamba

2465 FIT-Shaven - 9 Month Results - Dr. Patrick Mwamba

3515 grafts by FIT/FUE with Dr Mwamba

4265 Grafts Plug Redistribution, FUE and Scar Repair with Dr. Mwamba

3781 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Mwamba (Including Description of Surgical Procedure)

303 Grafts Beard to Beard Transplant

1867 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Mwamba

2704 Grafts via FUT (Strip) with Dr. Mwamba

1813 Grafts Strip/FUE/BHT (Surgical) with Dr. Mwamba

2589 Grafts via FUE (Surgical)

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I think Dr. Mwamba has been doing quality work for some time now. I think his work is certainly good enough to be recommended on HTN.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

He appears to meet our high recommendation standards. I say yes!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi, I chose Dr Mwamba for a hair transplant after 2 years of research. I had my procedure at the beginning of August and the whole experience was pleasant and the staff were very professional, easy going and friendly, which made the experience better than I thought it would be.

It was obvious that Dr Mwamba knew what he was doing, and I know that my transplant will be a success, and more important to me is that I dont think people will know that I have had one done.

I will go back to him if I feel I need further work.

I dont feel that many of the links/cases provided are fair examples to judge any recommendation on. Several of them do not show results. Unless, I have followed the wrong links or something, many only show photos from day(s) of surgery and therefore are in no way conclusive.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I strongly vote for his recommendation. He is a great FUE surgeon and capable in all types of extractions from scalp to beard. His work is very similar to Dr. Bisanga but not good as him of course. Plus he is recommended in the IAHRS. Glad to hear this Bill. I'm really happy to see more European HT Doctors being recommended in the reputable network. Good Choice...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Guys,

Thanks for everyone's valuable input so far.

Raphael, while a few links contain surgical photos only, the vast majority of the links do show the patients' final results.

In my opinion, Dr. Mwamba is performing high quality FUT and FUE hair transplant surgery.

I look forward to receiving more input.

Best wishes,

Bill

alluvials,

Thanks for sharing your input and personal experience. Since patient input is critcal in evaluating hair transplant surgeons, I do encourage you to create a new topic in order to share your detailed experience and hair transplant surgical photos. That way, members can provide you with feedback, encouragement and support and you'd be helping us evaluate more of Dr. Mwamba's results.

I look forward to reading more about your experience and viewing your photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

I've been impressed by Dr. Mwamba from the first results he posted. He does great work, like most of the doctors in Belgium do. I recommend him highly!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Since a few have asked, I've contacted Dr. Mwamba about presenting a few additional examples of his results. To see two more examples of Dr. Mwamba's procedure and results, view the below:

2465 FIT-Shaven - 9 Month Results - Dr. Patrick Mwamba

3515 grafts by FIT/FUE with Dr Mwamba

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

Thanks for everyone's valuable input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Patrick Mwamba. After careful consideration in evaluating his technique, viewing severalexamples of his results and the feedback we received from patients and physicians both publicly and privately, we are pleased to announce that we have approved Dr. Patrick Mwamba for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

Given his dedication to state of the art hair transplantation and producing only the best results, I feel that he's an excellent addition to our community. Feel free to view Dr. Mwamba's recommendation profile for more information regarding his technique, philosophy, patient results and contact information.

For those considering state of the art surgical hair restoration in Belgium and beyond, I highly recommend considering Dr. Mwamba for your hair transplant procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

This is great news, Congrats to Dr, Mwamba, Now we do have a super talented European manual FUE surgeon. He is also the European version of Dr. Umar when it comes to Body Hair Transplants. Hoping for Dr, Lorenzo to be next. Thanks Bill.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Bill,

I would really appreciate the recommendation of Dr. Mwamba.

I have already seen much of his work as my office is very close to his office.

I know him personally and like his philosphy of patient care.

He would definitely be an added value to the society.

Kindest regards,

Dr. Bijan Feriduni