Dermmatch question, please respond

Hi,

Ive been thinning for the last...3 years or so,

Still have some hair on my head, (only 22)

I have been using hair fibers for the last few years, and al tho they work, I cant seem to get a super natural coverage, plus i find i have to use a lot of hair spray or else it all flys away.

I recently ordered dermmatch, medium brown. I still havent got the order but i was wondering if people can share there experiences or maybe forward me to some peoples pictures?

I want something that looks natural doesnt need tons of hairspray, something that people can atleast touch (pat my head lol) and i dont have to worry about it.

Any feedback will help.

Also, how can i incorporate rogaine with dermmatch use??

Thank you!!

Dermatch is a good product and looks very natural when using in between thinning hair. You should use some sort of gel or hair spray to keep it down otherwise it can rub off but not too easily. If someone's rubs your head hard they may get a little bit on them, but that's just the reality of it. I would suggest using rogaine first and then wait a little bit for it to dry and put the dermatch on top.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

medic1,

One of the best all time topics on DermMatch, pictures and how to apply it was created by one of our previous moderators (Robert) sometime ago. I highly recommend you view and read through the topic "DermMatch (Pictures)" for his step by step tutorial with photos on how to apply DermMatch.

In regards to Rogaine, I agree with "TheHairUpThere". Apply Rogaine, let it dry for about 15 minutes or so, and then apply the DermMatch. You could expedite the drying process by sitting in front of a fan or using a hairdryer on the "cool" setting. Note, it's better never to use a hairdryer on "hot".

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the quick reply!!

The dermmatch came today, but i sent it back...I didnt even try it...i think i need dark brown, not med. brown. med brown dermmatch looks like choclate....

Ive attached pics of me wearing med brown fibres, is this what dark brown will look like??

How do i style my hair after i apply dermmatch?? as u can see closly, the fibers suck at the hair line! how will the difference look with dermmatch??

WP_000033.jpg.dbc8b15580bd3c045a7b2d656a681b03.jpg

WP_000034.jpg.ac7f2a3c262cec2574e3b6c6128c0512.jpg

Medic1,

In my opinion, your hair in the photos you presented looks good. Do you like the way it looks in person?

Unfortunately, I can't comment on what the dark brown will look like. However, it's important that you find and use the color that closely resembles your natural hair color, unless you're also going for a color change. Sometimes, you'll have to mix colors in order to get the exact color you want, which I'm sure isn't quickest and easiest process in the world.

Regarding styling, you can style your hair any way you want. In my experience with DermMatch, it makes your a bit stiffer, but made styling pretty easy. On the other hand, I wasn't overly satisfied with the product, but I also think it's because I didn't have the patience to keep practicing and make it perfect.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bill

Is it safe to say that concealers like dermatch work better with lighter color hair than dark hair? I've tried nonogen and if I apply enough that it goes through to my scalp it looks ridiculous. My scalp becomes much darker than the rest of my head.

• 3 weeks later...