2 HT questions: very concerned

I had my HT at True and Dorin 3 wks ago. I was very impressed by their professionalism and the procedure went well.

I have 2 questions post op. Please view the photos in my profile and comment

1. It looked like the FU's were popping out o f my scalp after the first hairwash. I used the cup pouring method and did not rub the scalp at all. I was alarmed and contacted the DR. The told me it sounded normal and not to be concerned. I emailed them the photos but did not receive a response. what do you think?

2. It is now 3wks after the procedure and I am concerned about my Strip Scar. Does it look like its healing normally or is it strecthing?

Thanks everyone :)

IMG_0078.jpg.7688cd3129faea8211c2201cdae28d43.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg.75ccb4ce3a77bc872a78d71137009094.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg.01e08df8bfde7886f461ca3019190790.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg.0ef63deaaa74901daf3f211d4b26cc3f.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg.7c5d970d4d8f4269d323214c07b86020.jpg

When washing your hair, did you lean forward over the side of a bath? or tilt your head backwards over a sink/bath?

If you were forward/downward facing, this can cause the grafts to pop out due to blood pressure building up. This should be fine after the first 48hrs but i still would keep my head upright for the first week at least.

The other reason for grafts popping out is incorrect incision size for the graft size, but the surgeon you used is a respected one so that shouldn't be an issue.

Can't comment on the scar i'm afraid, other than i hope it heals well for you.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I had my HT at True and Dorin 3 wks ago. I was very impressed by their professionalism and the procedure went well.

I have 2 questions post op. Please view the photos in my profile and comment

1. It looked like the FU's were popping out o f my scalp after the first hairwash. I used the cup pouring method and did not rub the scalp at all. I was alarmed and contacted the DR. The told me it sounded normal and not to be concerned. I emailed them the photos but did not receive a response. what do you think?

2. It is now 3wks after the procedure and I am concerned about my Strip Scar. Does it look like its healing normally or is it strecthing?

Thanks everyone :)

Hey Mogaine,

I also can't comment on the scar - but looking at the photo you took of the hairs which came out, it looks to me like the hairs are just attached to the scabs/crusty skin which form after you have a hair transplant.

It's very normal for most of the transplanted hairs to fall out, and often they take the scab with them. It doesn't look to me like the graft itself has come out. The very same thing happened to me and I confirmed with Dr Feriduni that everything was normal (I was able to go back to see him every day for 14 days after my procedure).

After 3 weeks the grafts are so set in place that you couldn't remove them without seeing quite a bit of blood, I've seen surgeons state that they would have to be surgically removed after this much time.

Don't worry!

Grafts get that look when they get wet. How many days post op did you wash it?

The scar looks amazing so far. And you are doing a great job of keeping it clean. You wouldn't know this early if it were stretching. Like Spex said, it's just shock loss.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks for all the replies.

The photo of the grafts was the first hair wash, 2 days post-op. I was extremely concerned that it looked like the grafts were lifting, however there was no bleeding and once my hair dried about 20 or so came out. Again no bleeding, but about 20 hair and scab (or follicle) did come out 2 days post op. This was the cause for my concern

Regarding the scar, I followed Dr Dorin's instructions and washed daily and applied the prescription antibiotic ointment. Its my first HT, still on the learning curve trying to decipher what to expect.

thanks for all your replies :)

I'm sure the above comments have settled your concerns but I thought I'd chime in and say that your scar is looking very good. The scar itself looks very fine and as long as you take it easy and don't do anything to put tension on the area then it should heal very thin.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com