Is Dr. Armani from Dallas any good?

Just curious. The other doctor in Dallas only does surgery in Houston. Should I decide to try this again.......I'm keeping it local under a reputable doc. Here is his link. Let me know what you think. Thanks

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

If you are in Texas Vanitysucks, I would definitely consider Dr Arocha.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The other doctor in Dallas only does surgery in Houston. Should I decide to try this again.......I'm keeping it local under a reputable doc.

vanitysucks.....I am from Dallas and I don't know anything about Dr. Armani. It is a bit odd that a city the size of Dallas has somewhat limited choices as far as full time hair transplant doctors based here.

I had a consult in Dallas with Dr. Arocha who is based in Houston, but has a Dallas office. Dr Arocha is a really nice guy that appears to get very good results. Kira his office admin posts on this message board and is very nice and helpful. Check out Dr. Arocha's videos at the link below.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

I also had a consult with Dr. Sam Lam who is based in Plano. Dr. Lam was also very nice, has an upscale office, but he doesn't do hair transplants full time and he had some negative feedback on a couple of internet sites. Lots of YouTube videos of Dr. Lam.

ps: A little over two weeks ago I ended up going to Hasson/Wong in Vancouver, BC....but Dr. Arocha was on my final list of doctors I was considering.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Just curious. The other doctor in Dallas only does surgery in Houston. Should I decide to try this again.......I'm keeping it local under a reputable doc. Here is his link. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Not blown away by his limited before and after photos. I'm not even sure they are his!

...and for a HT surgeon he has quite a bad haircut!! Looks like a 1990s Mick Hucknall!!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

vanitysucks...I would suggest since you want to stay local that you go see Dr. Armani for consult...what have you got to lose?...Get a feel for his facilty and his bedside manner. See if his facility is clean and cutting edge looking. Dr. Armani did attend very good universities and medical schools. Ask him how many technicians he has on his fulltime staff and are they actual fulltime employees? What is their experience level? Ask him how many HT surgeries his clinic does per week. Ask if you can see many more before/after pics than his website shows....ask if you can meet former patients....ask if you can observe an actual procedure for a few minutes to check out the techs and how smooth the operation is during a surgery as opposed to during a consult. I'd highly suggest getting a consult with Dr. Arocha and maybe Dr. Limmer in San Antonio too....so you can compare and contrast and decide what is the best fit for you.

No decent docs in Dallas. Oh well, I'm not traveling. Thanks.

LOL.....you may change your mind....i used to say the same things.

Just give it time.....but good luck to you either way my fellow Dallas-site.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I want to answer for any new people who might be coming by to read this thread.

Dr Abraham Armani did my hair restoration surgery for my receding hairline back in March 2014. The profile picture I have uploaded here is from September 2014. It wasn't even FULLY grown in in that picture, but I was so excited about how it looked I couldn't wait to take a photo haha.

Prior to the restoration my hairline had receded about 1/4" at the front of the hairline and more (possibly as much as 1/2" I'm not sure) at the corners. I'm leaving this comment for the same reason that I tell all of my friends about Dr. Armani: I literally think it's the best $10K I've ever spent in my life.

I had noticed my hairline starting to recede several years prior, maybe as early as 2011. I tried all the usual things: wearing bangs (the "Bieber" look isn't that cute on a 40 year old though), buzzing it short. But I always felt self-conscious about it.

Since the surgery, I've finally been able to wear my hair off my forehead, and as short as I want, and my hair is even actually easier to style now than it was "naturally" (Dr. Armani pays attention to how you style your hair, and takes a lot of care in the way he places the follicles so that they are growing in a direction that both looks natural and also makes your hair look good the way you want it styles).

The surgery itself was in a small, comfortable back room of a place called "Advanced Skin Fitness", where he has his office. It was on saturday and took most of the day (10 am - around 3 or 4 pm). I was awake for the whole thing, and it was a little boring but not uncomfortable. For some of it Dr. Armani kept me engaged in interesting conversation.... for some of it I think I almost dozed off. LOL

Another thing I like about Dr. Armani -- and this might not be something that everyone cared about -- but I'm a very "curious" patient, in the sense that I like understanding how things work and I ask a lot of questions. Dr. Armani was more than happy to explain everything, and was very patient with me. We went over why different types of procedure are better or worse, different possible outcomes, hair growth cycles and why it takes as long as it does to grow in, and everything. He made me feel very comfortable that I understood everything about the process.

I was so happy with that work back in 2014, that I actually have just recently gone back to have the thinning on my crown corrected as well. I'll let you know with an update once that has grown in!

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. I'm not shy about discussing my experience, because I think more guys should know how good of an option this is... if your hair is something that is bugging you (like it was for me), I can't even fully describe how good it feels to wake up, towel my hair off, and just style it however I want to without having to worry about what is showing or what is "covered" or any of that.

• 4 months later...

I'm always suspicious whenever someone enters a forum never to return for just ONE post. Come on. It's obvious who did this. Can anyone other than the staff give me an honest review of Armani medical in Dallas. I am still searching for a good Dallas clinic. I hate the idea of traveling for this procedure.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Valued Contributor

I hate to tell you, man, but this thread has been up for 7 years because there just aren’t any vetted options in Dallas.

You’re going to have to travel to get work done. I know you don’t want to but that’s the reality.

You would think that there would be some options in Dallas but there really aren’t. Dallas to Houston is a 3 and half hour drive. I drove from Austin to Houston for Arocha and then back the next day after the surgery. It was three hours and it really wasn’t that bad. 

All the best, man. I hope you work it out. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, Steeeve said:

I hate to tell you, man, but this thread has been up for 7 years because there just aren’t any vetted options in Dallas.

You’re going to have to travel to get work done. I know you don’t want to but that’s the reality.

You would think that there would be some options in Dallas but there really aren’t. Dallas to Houston is a 3 and half hour drive. I drove from Austin to Houston for Arocha and then back the next day after the surgery. It was three hours and it really wasn’t that bad. 

All the best, man. I hope you work it out. Good luck!

Edited by amalgamate

I didn't travel for my first transplant and I regret it.  Take it from my experience, be open to going anywhere in North America.  Not all HT surgeons are created equal.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
On 6/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, vanitysucks said:

I'll try this again in 2019.  Any good doctors that perform fue in the Dallas area?  I'm not traveling to another city or state.  I can't believe this thread is still up.  Thanks.

If you haven't heard any honest reviews in over 7 years, they probably don't exist. Best to research another surgeon with actual reviews. It's already been mentioned here before, but if you're in Texas look at Dr. Arocha.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 years later...

Hello, my name is Mike W and I had an FUT transplant of upwards of 3000 grafts with Dr. Armani. I am not being paid or incentivized in any way to make this post and I assure you that I am 100% real and the information provided here is 100% accurate. Message me if you would like to verify with me further. I found this thread about 1 year ago when I was doing extensive research on hair transplants, and was disappointed that I was unable to find forum chatter from real people on Dr. Armani. So here it is.

Dr. Armani is a perfectionist by nature. He has no shortage of work, but insists on doing all consultations himself and refuses to franchise or grow his business beyond himself, because the quality of work is extremely important to him. Along these lines, Dr. Armani heavily favors FUT over FUE because it is the correct answer for most patients, despite the fact that marketing has a lot of folks convinced otherwise and that many patients will not consider FUT out of fear of getting a scar. He wants to give you the correct procedure.

Dr. Armani has developed his own suture method, and he told me that he is not aware of anyone else doing it like he does it. I returned to his office today, 7 months after my hair transplant. There is NO scar, not even under high magnification. FWIW my mother is a retired nurse and she saw the sutures when they were fresh, and confirmed that they were done in a unique manner and were extremely tight. 

The hair transplant itself was very successful, with the result already looking great at 7 months. If anyone has questions about my experience, message me. Hopefully this site will give me email notifications for direct messages. I am also now "following" this thread.

If there is anything else I would offer about hair transplants in general, it would be to not smoke cigarettes before, during, or after a hair transplant. I found some compelling information about that on a forum from an experienced hair transplant doctor and believe it may account for a good portion of that ~10% of folks who have a disappointing percentage of grafts take.

Mike

Well, after this extremely unfriendly message where I've been accused of "pretending" and claiming something absurd, I will drop this photo and be gone. Like I said, at 7 months Dr. Armani could not find any visible evidence of a scar. When magnified (like maybe 10x) in the photos he took, he showed me a space where the follicles were slightly farther apart but there was no scar on the skin area whatsoever. 

IMG_4113.JPG

5 hours ago, Mike_W said:

Well, after this extremely unfriendly message where I've been accused of "pretending" and claiming something absurd, I will drop this photo and be gone. Like I said, at 7 months Dr. Armani could not find any visible evidence of a scar. When magnified (like maybe 10x) in the photos he took, he showed me a space where the follicles were slightly farther apart but there was no scar on the skin area whatsoever. 

IMG_4113.JPG

Cut it down to a 1 or 2 guard then let’s talk.

there’s no way around it, cut your skin anywhere on your body and a scar will form. Hair follicles are removed so there will be a blank area of scar tissue where there is no hair

• Administrators
On 8/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mike_W said:

IMG_4113.JPG

Why don’t you create a separate account thread with your full experience. It will be a lot better and more credible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.