2500 Grafts by Dr.Radha - Progress

anony4hair

Hi

I actually created a thread here earlier in other section, but I guess it gets ignored because of the odd title name. People keep sending me private messages, so I decided to make one thread here, with proper title, and pics right from pre-op, post-op, and then as per progress.

I'm 27, and Norwood 5a, moving to Norwood 6, so it is understandable that I'll need more than one session, and around 4000 grafts, maybe more if possible. But to start, 4000 is the target. In the first session, I was looking for 2500-3000 grafts where Dr would give me a new hairline, starting with dense front, and going backwards with average density, till we run out of grafts.

First session results.

1 hair - 917

2 hair - 1476

3 hair - 100

Total - 2493 grafts or 4169 hair.

I'll see the results after a year, and then decide if it needs tweaking or improvements. If not, I can concentrate only on the crown area for the second session. The doctor has told me I can expect around 1500 grafts for the second session. She advised me to have laxity exercises, if I want to increase the chances for even more grafts. We'll see.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This are Day 17 Post Op pics.

I guess here I stopped the Johnson's baby shampoo, and started with the normal shampoo.

I also started with Tugain 5% solution (Cipla) applied on the crown area once a day, and also Finax tab 1 mg (Dr.Reddy's) once a day. I started using both at this period.

5b32d4394566e_Day17.jpg.6bac52151d36e866e44ed7f9189e07f3.jpg

5b32d43964066_Day17(1).jpg.640143559712f9ed5a75c0725b0252ca.jpg

I'm continuing with Tugain and Finax once a day, and I alternate between normal shampoo, and anti-dandruff shampoo as and when required.

I am a Dermmatch and Nanofibre user, but I havn't used it at all since surgery. Maybe I'll start using it 3 months post op. I'll complete 3 months on Sep 9th, I'll post pics then. Thanks

Comments from experienced users, and any tips/recommendations will be welcome. Thanks

I am wondering why she would do just 2500 grafts on someone so advanced? Was this a money or donor issue?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey,

I am with spanker on this one, why would you only do 2500 grafts with that extent of hairloss? I have been told I need about 2000 grafts and my hairloss isnt anywhere near that stage yet.

Ahmed ^, you are most probably middle eastern, so you have dark thick hair around the donor areas just like me lol. Based on what I have seen from others, your donor hair is perfect! Those 3500 grafts are for crown and hairline?

I am wondering why she would do just 2500 grafts on someone so advanced? Was this a money or donor issue?

donor laxity man. She managed as much as possible. I had the funds for upto 3200 grafts but donor permitted only 2500. Have about 1500 for second session, which like i said, i'll decide based on the progress. May decide to improve the front and mid-scalp further or may decide to fix the crown.

When you look into the mirror, you obviously only see the front, and not the back of your head. There will be odd comment from, people here and there, but basically its you, who should be happy with how you look. Isn't it? Atleast I am of that opinion, that is how i go on with my life. So for me, the front has to be good, not much concerned about the crown. I'm hoping Tugain and Finax can do improvement to my crown.

You have chosen a fantastic surgeon. She restored my hair - you can see it on my profile if you want.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

You have chosen a fantastic surgeon. She restored my hair - you can see it on my profile if you want.

Cardel, I have followed your progress. You're one of those who trusted Dr.Radha when she was not officially recommended here on this forum.

Awesome result you got for that less grafts. I'm hoping it does the same to me too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've completed 3 months yesterday, and this are my 3 month pics.

I've mailed them to Dr.Radha too, lets see what she thinks.

What do you guys think?

P.S - The pics were clicked immediately after shower, so some pics will have wet hair.

01.jpg.32c88698f3b1c5283c38dc78ea1a424f.jpg

02.jpg.031f033f37aa8f9b7777c0eddb2a9643.jpg

03.jpg.88a0f0d0cb731a98f4d8a2897e41eb99.jpg

04.jpg.a1ffd2447dd656a3af2ff9630307d2c2.jpg

05.jpg.523dcf9b146895923f60e786b453b6fa.jpg

06.jpg.88efe5b35b19c35f4a1cf4c6c61e8108.jpg

08.jpg.10e493a2a99befdbcd83f918f8ac650f.jpg

09.jpg.69fc4e61567b51e9995a2299445beb6a.jpg

07.jpg.01b2467b173b6cf8f4e5e7410166f2ab.jpg

yeah.. really good result... i am also planing for dr. radha.. can you tell me how much it cost for living and food ? dr. radha give any discount on HT?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162046-looking-ahead.html

My other thread which i posted earlier, with all the possible travel tips i could share. The cost of living and food is not a problem, wealth of quality options in every budget.

• 1 month later...

Amazing results for 4 months man! It is one fantastic transformation..... and there's more to come :)

Cardel, I have followed your progress. You're one of those who trusted Dr.Radha when she was not officially recommended here on this forum.

Awesome result you got for that less grafts. I'm hoping it does the same to me too.

Thanks :) It looks like your on your way to an amazing result aswell. Congratz !

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A happy Diwali to all the Indians out here. May the lights, and sweets be always with you.

I have completed 5 months this Sunday. Here are the pics.

P.S - Check out the last pic. That is the result I achieve after a little sprinkle of Nanogen fibres. Don't use it everyday, but it helps whenever there is a function to attend. It adds density to the existing hair, without getting noticeable. Ofcourse you have to follow the thumb rule '' little is more". I just sprinkle a little, almost negligible, yet great difference. Very happy.

01.jpg.5b06161090ddf3166d77a24ccbd7c774.jpg

02.jpg.6c490c23decf9454d8db8bab17fc6749.jpg

03.jpg.3086b97b39642b3991f0e43a7167f3f3.jpg

04.jpg.02a138f80a619f568a5f73dd0d08ab95.jpg

5b32d54f9870c_05-nanogen.jpg.600be1f7fe7406c0b2a29891a5d08582.jpg

Hi,

A happy Diwali to all the Indians out here. May the lights, and sweets be always with you.

I have completed 5 months this Sunday. Here are the pics.

P.S - Check out the last pic. That is the result I achieve after a little sprinkle of Nanogen fibres. Don't use it everyday, but it helps whenever there is a function to attend. It adds density to the existing hair, without getting noticeable. Ofcourse you have to follow the thumb rule '' little is more". I just sprinkle a little, almost negligible, yet great difference. Very happy.

Your hair look amazing bro! You must be so happy :)

I am sure this is the best Diwali gift ever!

Looks great! Thank you for the updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.