Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. Timothy Carman

Dear Forum Members,

Since Dr. Timothy Carman was approved for recommendation in August of 2008, he has and continues to impress this community with examples of his ultra refined results and his passion and dedication to patient education. Coalition member Dr. William Reed who works with him has also become one of his biggest fans. Dr. Carman's expertise, wit, and likeable personality also shine brightly in answering dozens of hair loss questions monthly on our forum and popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

As the Old Russian Proverb declares 'trust but verify', we wanted solid evidence that Dr. Carman met the demanding criteria and standards set by this community before considering him for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To view the Coalition standards, click here. Thus, in addition to the impressive results Dr. Carman has posted on this community, Pat visited with and observed Dr. Carman in live surgery. He was very impressed by his passion and commitment to performing exclusive ultra refined hair transplantation. To see the highlights of Pat's visit, view 'Visit to Dr. Timothy Carman in La Jolla, CA'.

Dr. Carman has the experience, skill, and staff necessary to perform over 3000 follicular units in a single procedure and dense packing when appropriate for the patient.

Given Dr. Carman's experience and proven track record of producing ultra refined results, Pat and I firmly believe he should be considered for the Coalition.

To learn more about Dr Carman's experience, technique and philosophy, visit his Hair Transplant Network recommendation profile.

We welcome all input and comments regarding his potential inclusion.

View some of his recent patient photos below:

2893 Grafts with Dr. Carman - 7 Months

2757 Grafts with Dr. Carman - 7 Months

2176 Grafts with Dr. Carman - Results

2207 Grafts with Dr. Carman - 9 Months

3106 Grafts with Dr. Carman - 3.5 Months

2948 Grafts Post Op

3027 Grafts Post Op

Here are a few more of Dr. Carman's results for review.

2300 Grafts with Dr. Carman

2015 Grafts with Dr. Carman

1966 Grafts 1 Year Results

Several additional examples of Dr. Carman's ultra refined work can be found in the Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Bill

based on the results posted above that indicate Dr. Carman's usual work i say:

RECOMMENDED - maybe

COALITION - no

and here is why:

- most of the examples above are not even final results.

- documentation is not up to par with other COALITION presentations (no top down pics, dark lighting etc).

- not a single full grown 12-18 months result.

- none of the above examples are WOW examples.

take it for FWIW just my 2 cents.

but if he's done so many to merit coalition status, he must have more before and afters than this.

absolutely right Leeson!

we need at least 5-6 more fully grown examples as in 12 or preferably 18 moths to see for us to make a fair judgment and determination. plus they all need to be very detailed examples too with consistent lighting, top down shots, consistent background (blue or white), plenty of angles, sharp pics etc. i personally think that all of the coalition members should be required to post at least one top down pic for all of their examples. for "recommended" clinics, i think that we can give them a break and "look through the fingers" so to speak.

it is COALITION we are talking about here right?

Dear members,

Thank you for your feedback so far. In my opinion, based on all the evidence we've collected so far, Dr. Carman is doing work on par with leading surgeons in the field and meets our demanding standards for the Coalition. He's also garnered the support from Coalition member and well respected surgeon Dr. Bill Reed who works with him on a daily basis among other leading physicians.

Here are a few more of Dr. Carman's results for review.

2300 Grafts with Dr. Carman

2015 Grafts with Dr. Carman

Best wishes,

Bill

I've been checking this board regularly for quite a long time, and I feel very good about Dr. Carman as part of the coalition. I've only seen and heard excellent things, and he seems to have the endorsement of some very well respected people on here.

It would be nice to see some more grown out results from Dr. Carmen. However, the results and immediate post-op pictures indicate he's performing top notch work. I would feel comfortable referring patients to him. So my vote is yes.

Dear Members,

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer their valuable input on the potential Coalition membership for Dr. Carman.

Based on all the evidence we collected via private and public screening, patient member feedback, and input from other leading hair restoration physicians, we believe he's earned his rightful place in the highly esteemed Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I know that some of you would have liked to have seen more grown out photos. However, we believe the examples above represent his usual first-rate ultra refined work. Dr. Carman has garnered the support of many leading surgeons who we've contacted by email including Coalition members Dr. Reed, Dr. Konior, Dr. Ron Shapiro, and many others.

I trust Dr. Carman will continue to impress our online patient community with impressive examples of his ultra refined work for years to come.

View Dr. Carman's Coalition Profile.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been too excited about postop pictures alone. But Dr. Carman has shown that his good postop pictures have turned into excellent results. Very impressive. He studied under one of the best- Dr. Bill Reed. My vote is an unqualified yes.

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network