whey protein=hair loss

If your hair is programmed to fall out whey protein will make it fall out faster fact.

When i first started losing my hair at 21 i was drinking loads of whey and training then i stopped it and maintained my hair loss for 9 years perfectly with propecia and then when i restarted training and using whey again at age 30 my hair started falling out again almost within 6 months of reintroducing whey my hairline had been smashed which it never returned. Also i got acne while using whey protein which too disappeared after stopping.

Ps i never stopped taking propecia from 21 even till this day. :mad:

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Sorry to hear about that. Damn, if they don't help, I dunno what might?

2) When I was losing heavily from 18-20, my scalp was frequently greasy, pimply, itchy, dandruffy and warm in the the areas I was losing. It was demoralizing and inconvenient. I think their are good shampoos out there now, but I don't use them nowadays, nor am I up with it, but I did use one a few years ago that made me feel nice, and those keta shampoos are said to help, so give it a go. There are loads of threads about shampoos.

3) I don't wanna take responsibility for what u tell ur doc on that one buddy, but if I had any family history of prostate cancer I might think about taking early preventative action by getting my DHT tested at a young age so as to keep track of it as I aged. If my GP said, that is BS I might try another one, next time I had a bad cold and needed to visit one.

Thank you for the reply,about the test i will update you once i come up with something

If your hair is programmed to fall out whey protein will make it fall out faster fact.

When i first started losing my hair at 21 i was drinking loads of whey and training then i stopped it and maintained my hair loss for 9 years perfectly with propecia and then when i restarted training and using whey again at age 30 my hair started falling out again almost within 6 months of reintroducing whey my hairline had been smashed which it never returned. Also i got acne while using whey protein which too disappeared after stopping.

Ps i never stopped taking propecia from 21 even till this day. :mad:

Are you sure whey swifts alopecia process?:eek:

Yes i too experienced faster shredding after i started whey,but upon reading comments on this website i thought that there is no relation between the two Man i am more confused now :(

I started propecia last year and in the first month itself i saw lots of shredding.After two months i started whey the shredding increased,then i read on this website that whey doesn't cause shredding,so after 6 months i discontinued propecia because i thought it swifted the process and till today it hasnt slowed down

Propecia doesn't increase hair loss it can mess with your sex life apparently but i've had no problems with it. I have recently found out that generic propecia is not made as well as mercks official propecia and lots of people taking generic propecia haven't been as protected from dht as people using mercks so i will never be buying generic again.

With regards to whey i know for a fact it caused my severe acne because when i used it i got bad acne and my dr told me it was because it's high in powdered dairy milk which contains high levels of hormones from a pregnant cow which is likely to raise testoserone in a human, obviously we all know testoserone mixed aplha 5 enzyne creates dht which thins your hair.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Propecia doesn't increase hair loss it can mess with your sex life apparently but i've had no problems with it. I have recently found out that generic propecia is not made as well as mercks official propecia and lots of people taking generic propecia haven't been as protected from dht as people using mercks so i will never be buying generic again.

With regards to whey i know for a fact it caused my severe acne because when i used it i got bad acne and my dr told me it was because it's high in powdered dairy milk which contains high levels of hormones from a pregnant cow which is likely to raise testoserone in a human, obviously we all know testoserone mixed aplha 5 enzyne creates dht which thins your hair.

I don't have much info about kinds of propecia,i took propecia manufactured by Dr.Reddy's,but instead of helping it pumped up the pace and made the condition worst.Its been months that i left those meds,then why do you think its shredding at the same faster pace?It should slow down to the state as they were before i took propecia

What brand of whey did you use?I don't think ON's whey are made from pregnant cow's milk,its a very good brand,worlds number 1 for years now

Merck invented propecia and is more reliable you never know what is in generic at leat with merck you can ring them up check if your propecia is real i recommend you get on merck propecia now it will slow your hair loss down definitely.

All dairy milk is made from a pregnant cow and every type of whey protein i've ever seen contained dairy milk i've studied this very carefully because i need muscle mass and strength because i am a profesional fighter but can not take dairy milk because it brings me out in acne.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I agree, you really don't know what's in the generic propecia. I have always used merks propecia. It's not as expensive as some people make it out to be.

Not sure about whey making you lose hair. I used to use it a lot and didn't notice fast hair loss. I only use it a few times a week now because I don't train much :(

My regret is that I didn't educate myself to see if there are medicines out there for hair loss. Started losing hair in my late teens & just didn't look. Only found propecia 3 years ago :mad:

Merck invented propecia and is more reliable you never know what is in generic at leat with merck you can ring them up check if your propecia is real i recommend you get on merck propecia now it will slow your hair loss down definitely.

All dairy milk is made from a pregnant cow and every type of whey protein i've ever seen contained dairy milk i've studied this very carefully because i need muscle mass and strength because i am a profesional fighter but can not take dairy milk because it brings me out in acne.

My finasteride was real,this was it

Finax (Generic Propecia) - 1mg (10 Tablets)

This is a very reputed company.Are the ingredients same in Dr.Reddy's version and Merck's?I mean any added substance in Merck's?

Ok.But which whey did you use back then?I mean name of the company?

I agree, you really don't know what's in the generic propecia. I have always used merks propecia. It's not as expensive as some people make it out to be.

Not sure about whey making you lose hair. I used to use it a lot and didn't notice fast hair loss. I only use it a few times a week now because I don't train much :(

My regret is that I didn't educate myself to see if there are medicines out there for hair loss. Started losing hair in my late teens & just didn't look. Only found propecia 3 years ago :mad:

Is there any difference in ingredient or any other difference in generic and merks?That Dr.Reddy's version is that a generic one?

Propecia made my condition worst :(

Edited by becool

• 4 weeks later...

Just for whatever it may be worth to our readers of this thread, in 31 years I have never had anyone attribute whey protein to their hairloss. MPB is in fact a genetic disposition.

I was more amazed at the number of surfers who are reading this thread. Lots of weightlifters no doubt. That being the case, surely there has to be protein alternatives to whey out there. I know whey has its benefits but it's not the only choice right? What other supplements to whey are there? I have not researched it for years.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

consumer reports did study on protein...these poison's could cause hairloss?

"But our investigation, including tests at an outside laboratory of 15 protein drinks, a review of government documents, and interviews with health and fitness experts and consumers, found most people already get enough protein, and there are far better and cheaper ways to add more if it's needed. Some protein drinks can even pose health risks, including exposure to potentially harmful heavy metals, if consumed frequently. All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body. "

I could not agree more; there are many other ways to add ptotein or to increase our protein levels without these metal additives.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY