Why Follicular Unit Extraction Has Become Increasingly Popular

I am all for pushing the envelope and that is what some of the overseas FUE docs are doing. Just like James Joyce got flack from the old, musty literary establishment when he wrote Ulysses there are some FUSS surgeons of the "Old Guard" who had great renown in the glory days before FUE came along, and now a good amount of FUT surgeons will try and dismiss FUE as a less successful procedure. I call this the "Horse and Buggy theory- The Train Of Though that resist change" Its a thesis I am working on. Very Kafkaesque. Anyways, what I am saying is there might be some surgeons and clinics resisting the fact that FUE can be just as good as FUT. They will make you believe that FUE is "Old wine being marketed in a new bottle" but that is nonsense. Some fail to mention that the punch holes are smaller now, so small that they are the least invasive scars in hair transplant surgery today. To say otherwise is to support the horse and buggy theory. They might tell you all kinds of things that are not true to make you believe strip is still the one and only "Gold Standard" of hair transplantation. It's a opinion based out of fear based out of a powerlessness over that fact that the field of HT is changing, new developments are happening everyday! Manual FUE in the right hands, and there are not that many hands that can handle those instruments like artist so do your research and think outside the box, are producing results that are just as mind blowing as the best FUT outcomes. And with the added appeal of having no ear to ear scar. Modernism in art, in cooking, in architecture, and in the field of hair transplantation, the common goal is to push science to its most outer limits. People fear new things. I agree, FUT has produced some great results. But it's a new day and FUE can do the same as FUT. Do not listen to anyone that tells you FUE is not as good as FUT. It's an opinion, not the truth. Also, FUE is a viable option if finances are a concern. If you go overseas the price of grafts for FUE is cheaper than what they charge in the states. The top FUE surgeons in the world, guys like Dr Koray Erdogan and Dr. Lorenzo are really pushing, pushing further to get great results without the ear to ear scar. Some guys are just scared to death of strip. So thats why FUE came along, and it has helped a great many people who never would of had a hair transplant. I think that is a noble cause. And I'd rather not have part of myself amputated, and that's why I never felt like I could good through with FUT. Some guys do not mind getting the strip of skin taken out, and they do have stellar results and the ones on this forum who have had positive strip surgeries seem to have no problems with they're scars. So to each his own. But I do believe 95 percent of FUE is being practiced by those that do not have the still hands of a true artist- Manual FUE is the best FUE, in my opinion- so be wary of those ads for robotic FUE and do not let overseas travel stop you from getting the best FUE in the world.

Edited by CaddyTad77

Hi my name is brian.I'm going for surgery on feb 20th.I'm going with fue and would like to post before and after pics.I will also release the name of the doctor so others can see his work and know if he is good or not.I'm having the frontal area done and if all goes well will be returning to this doctor to have the crown done.I'm putting 100% trust in his work.When the results are in that's when I'll decide to keep that trust or not.I will be posting on other sites as well so If you see me say hi and I'll be glad to talk with you.

:eek::eek:]I am all for pushing the envelope and that is what some of the overseas FUE docs are doing. Just like James Joyce got flack from the old, musty literary establishment when he wrote Ulysses there are some FUSS surgeons of the "Old Guard" who had great renown in the glory days before FUE came along, and now a good amount of FUT surgeons will try and dismiss FUE as a less successful procedure. I call this the "Horse and Buggy theory- The Train Of Though that resist change" Its a thesis I am working on. Very Kafkaesque. Anyways, what I am saying is there might be some surgeons and clinics resisting the fact that FUE can be just as good as FUT. To say otherwise is to support the horse and buggy theory. They might tell you all kinds of things that are not true to make you believe strip is still the one and only "Gold Standard" of hair transplantation. It's a opinion based out of fear based out of a powerlessness over that fact that the field of HT is changing, new developments are happening everyday! Manual FUE in the right hands, and there are not that many hands that can handle those instruments like artist so do your research and think outside the box, are producing results that are just as mind blowing as the best FUT outcomes. And with the added appeal of having no ear to ear scar. Modernism in art, in cooking, in architecture, and in the field of hair transplantation, the common goal is to push science to its most outer limits. People fear new things. I agree, FUT has produced some great results. But it's a new day and FUE can do the same as FUT. Do not listen to anyone that tells you FUE is not as good as FUT. It's an opinion, not the truth. Also, FUE is a viable option if finances are a concern. If you go overseas the price of grafts for FUE is cheaper than what they charge in the states. And guys like Erdogan and Lorenzo are really pushing, pushing further to get great results without the ear to ear scar. They are among the top 3 FUE manual surgeons in the world. Amazing what they can do. Some guys are just scared to death of strip. So thats why FUE came along, and it has helped a great many people who never would of had a hair transplant. I think that is a noble cause. And I'd rather not have part of myself amputated, and that's why I never felt like I could good through with FUT. Some guys do not mind getting the strip of skin taken out, and they do have stellar results and the ones on this forum who have had positive strip surgeries seem to have no problems with they're scars. So to each his own. But I do believe 95 percent of FUE is being practiced by those that do not have the still hands of a true artist- Manual FUE is the best FUE, in my opinion- so be wary of those ads for robotic FUE and do not let overseas travel stop you from getting the best FUE in the world.

Edited by CaddyTad77

Well said CaddyTad77

In my opinion (and it is just an opinion), FUT has had it's day. It was the best method at the time but things have moved on so far with FUE now, it's simply not required.

If there was a compelling case to continue with FUT (other than surgens not being prepared to invest time and tools to become the best FUE and because FUT is less labour intencive for the surgeon), then why have so many surgeons stopped performing it over the last 4-5 years and now only do FUE?? Kind of speaks volumes to me.

The old "you get more grafts from FUT than you do with FUE" statement makes no sense whatsoever... you only have the same amount of available grafts in your head for harvesting regardless of extraction method.

Those with a thin donor area who suggest having FUT first then doing FUE afterwards to save thinning out run the risk of not being able to have FUE at a later date after FUT due to a stretched scar being visible, hence can't thin out the donor area with FUE.

As i always say, there have been some stellar FUT results over the years, especially for large sessions, but things have moved on now.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Those with a thin donor area who suggest having FUT first then doing FUE afterwards to save thinning out run the risk of not being able to have FUE at a later date after FUT due to a stretched scar being visible, hence can't thin out the donor area with FUE.

Those with a thin donor area should probably do neither! It is generally regarded as much harder to switch from FUE to FUT than the other way around, th reason being that graft disection is hampered by all the FUE scar tissue contained within the strip.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi,

Good informative discussions on FUE technique. I need your expert advice, Im planning to go for HT. Im 39 years old and have been experiencing hair fall for the past 20yrs. the bald patches are mainly at the crown and thinning has increased in the frontal region of the head as well. Also, Im a diabetic. so kindlysuggest which method would be safe for me fut or fue? Also, I reside in mumbai and came across a HT clinic who claim to be specializing in FUE and have adviced me to go for it as they have the latest state of art technology tools. below is their website link:

(promotional link removed)

could you please advice suggest the best method for HT and also the clinic/surgeon who is good in mumbai/india to perform this surgery.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Good informative discussions on FUE technique. I need your expert advice, Im planning to go for HT. Im 39 years old and have been experiencing hair fall for the past 20yrs. the bald patches are mainly at the crown and thinning has increased in the frontal region of the head as well. Also, Im a diabetic. so kindlysuggest which method would be safe for me fut or fue? Also, I reside in mumbai and came across a HT clinic who claim to be specializing in FUE and have adviced me to go for it as they have the latest state of art technology tools. below is their website link:

could you please advice suggest the best method for HT and also the clinic/surgeon who is good in mumbai/india to perform this surgery.

Thanks

get in contact with Dr Bhatti in Chandigarh,

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• 4 months later...

I'm an FUE guy all the way! Didn't want that long FUT scar and the healing process is quick and easy with FUE!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

FUT and FUE are the advanced Hair Transplant Treatment techniques. Follicular Unit Extraction are the much advanced techniques and it is done without any surgical operation and It's results success rate have very high.

Hair transplant in India | Punjab | Ludhiana || (promotional link removed) Hair loss in Men and Women

• 2 months later...

I have seen two men in real life who have received a FUT, and decided to cut their hair short. I was turned off almost instantly due to the visible scarring.

The bottom line is If you're a person who generally cuts their hair rather short, the FUE method is the only option for you. This is purely based on aesthetic reasons. If you tend to keep your hair rather long then there is no reason why you cannot opt for the FUT method. However, keep in mind there are other pros and cons to both methods which need to be considered.

Hi Rajendra, if I were you I would get in touch with Dr Bhatti. He had many clients from Mumbai when I was there having my own HT done. There is probably a very good reason why these people flew to Chandigarh to have their HTs done rather than go locally in Mumbai.

Check out my results using the link below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, always glad to help.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post this here. Graphs taken from the ISHRS census results. As everyone can see FUE is overtaking FUT badly and is indeed becoming increasingly "popular". The numbers from 2014 tell us it's 50/50. However notice the incredible growth for FUE each year. We are already approaching 2016.

Yes, FUE is probably already more popular than FUT worldwide and is gaining more popularity each day.

FUEpopularity.jpg

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

• 2 months later...
FUE is a great procedure for hair transplantation , it can give you nice and permanent result , I have seen many good results of patients , having FUE treatment , and they were having quite a good result at Hair transplant in Indore .

If this isn't spam email I don't know what is. How many threads do you plan on making the same post??

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FUE is only yielding better popularity because of its minimally-invasive quality, and doctor training in FUE is more in demand from consumers. 2015 will likely show an additional popularity increase of FUE.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 months later...

FUE (Follicle Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicle Unit Transplantation) are consider two best hair transplant method. But now the technology has changed and new techniques are invented.

There is a new technique called DHT (Direct Hair Transplant), this technique is invented by hair doctor in Delhi who provides best and low cost hair transplant in Delhi NCR.

Eugene,

That's far from new and it is a version of FUE, in fact there's not enough variation in the technique to call it something different. However many clinics do call variations of FUE a whole new technique which I don't understand, just because they use different tools or transplant the hair somewhat differently such as using an implanter pen. For example a particular doctor that we the longer discuss on this forum uses a technique called CIT which stands for his last name.isolation technique. This is a variation on the term follicular isolation technique or FIT which is another name for FUE.

I'm not saying that the particular technique that you mention is not a good one, only that it is not different enough from FUE to call it a new name. I really think this is a bad marketing practice when clinics do this.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This procedure has a lot of benefits that make it a popular choice for its patrons. Aside from being internationally recognized, it has a myriad of benefits that would take away your doubts about the procedure and they are the following:

1. Scar-free Results

2.Unaffected Donor Area

3.Natural Look

4.Hairline Where it Should Be

5.Quick Recovery Period

6.Painless to the Patient

7.Guaranteed Consistency

8.Almost Infection Proof

9.Larger Harvesting Area

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I want to share with you major benefits of FUE Hair Transplant..

• FUE has a major advantage over the traditional strip/FUT hair transplant technique such that no visible scars is seen even after short hair
  • Donor area from where the hair is removed looks unaffected and unchanged in this treatment
  • FUE Hair Restoration ensures natural look and does not give any feeling that one has gone through any hair transplant treatment
  • Natural hairlines assured on the head after restoration giving you an attractive look
  • Expedite recovery in a few days instead of months as no scalpel or stitches are used in the treatment
  • Treatment is without any major wounds
  • No pain during or after the treatment so you can drive home just after the treatment
  • Local anesthesia used at the time of extraction for the comfort of the patient like one used by a dentist

• 4 weeks later...

FUE can have a transection rate of around 3% (depends on the Doctor and size of instruments used,etc.). However, a good doctor will calculate for that. So...if you want 2,000 grafts, they may extract more grafts from the donor area so that you actually receive what you pay for. Skilled technicians can keep count of transected grafts and the doctor will only extract what he/she needs.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.