Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my age Spanker . I got hit with hair loss in my 40's and got hit hard ! Higher temples didn't bother me but thinning at the vertex was a shock . I've been following your case closely and you've removed most of my jitters .

So here are my one month photos. I finally got a haircut today and it felt awesome. I just manned up and went to a new barber (woman) and told her what was up like a boss.

She was cool with it and did a pretty good job. I think my hair looks awesome for the amount of grafts I received. I have had very little shockloss so far, just tiny baby hair maybe.

It seems like a lot of the graft fell out but not all. I pointed to my areas of concerns which were the same areas as pre-op. I feel really lucky so far as far as the ease of hiding it.

My donor and recipient are just barely still sensitive. My wife says my scar looks awesome and there has been no donor shock so far.

Not much else that I can think of. Pics are one day shy of one month.

Thanks for looking.

wqwKB.jpg

PNxCl.jpg

8SPla.jpg

h567y.jpg

n2TYL.jpg

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker that is awesome - looks like you have retained a lot of the transplanted hair and it has grown out since surgery. It seems unlikely this would shed right? Can't wait to see month 2. My surgery is in 12 days with Dr. K - would be really happy with similar outcome!

Spanker that is awesome - looks like you have retained a lot of the transplanted hair and it has grown out since surgery. It seems unlikely this would shed right? Can't wait to see month 2. My surgery is in 12 days with Dr. K - would be really happy with similar outcome!

I still might have some shedding to do. I had quite a bit of native hair still. It was packed fairly tight.

The places I pointed to were weak before surgery, looked uniform just post surgery, and the areas are of loss are now visible again, so I have shed.

I think the biggest reason it looks so good right now is that there was minimum shock and I have not shed all my hair, but I have shed quite a bit I believe.

No shock in the donor either. I think this is due to the doctors skills and genetics. If you happen to shed a lot or get some shock, that doesn't mean your final result won't be awesome.

I think I have been really lucky so far.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I am. My native is growing strong which is pronouncing my weak spots a little. Basically pre-op stage now with some that didn't fall and I can see some sprouting. I have a little concern because I am human but for the most part I am in a great position. I do smoke some, so that worries me, but the wonderful doctor said that he has never had any problems with it. Just waiting now. It is very undetectable and I feel confident. I hope my hairloss progression stays slow and maybe there will be a break thru treatment before I need more work. Time will tell on all the above. The clinic has checked on me and I am happy with post op care.

Edited by Spanker
Using dic instead of doc and a host of other errors.

View Spanker's Website

Spanker- From the pics Ive seen you have bundles of hair. WIith the work thats been done, it will look amazing. The pics at 4 days post op look amazing. It will be very dense.

Congrats !!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Spanker- From the pics Ive seen you have bundles of hair. With the work thats been done, it will look amazing. The pics at 4 days post op look amazing. It will be very dense.

Congrats !!

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my two month update. I feel I am on track and looking forward to growth. I had some hair grow straight away in the temple region, but not much in the front. I think it is dormant and should see popping through very soon. I have felt more confident lately and even took my wife to the movies the last two weeks with no hat and mousse in my hair.

cpvFg.jpg

9W6qJ.jpg

DdeO1.jpg

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website

You are half to two thirds of the way through the most difficult stage and you don't need me to tell you that but everything looks good and normal.

Glad to hear everything is going fine and I think you will have a very good result.

Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks for the comment Chris.

I should add that these pics are straight out of bed with no grooming involved. :)

View Spanker's Website

You are way ahead of the curve bro

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Spanker, you're a good guy. I received an HT from Dr. Konior in July. We're on a similar track bud, and I'm excited to watch your results. Way to go on starting a thread right away.

By the way, did they feed you a turkey sandwich for lunch while you were there? Tom got me one with orange juice and it was seriously the best sandwich I'd ever eaten. Was it the drugs? Cause I still can remember the taste....

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Spanker, you're a good guy. I received an HT from Dr. Konior in July. We're on a similar track bud, and I'm excited to watch your results. Way to go on starting a thread right away.

By the way, did they feed you a turkey sandwich for lunch while you were there? Tom got me one with orange juice and it was seriously the best sandwich I'd ever eaten. Was it the drugs? Cause I still can remember the taste....

I don't remember that sandwich being exceptional but I don't think I tasted much of it. I kind of just downed it.

Good luck with your results. I am excited for the both of us.

View Spanker's Website

• 4 weeks later...

So here is my 3 month update. First, I will say that pretty much all of my native seems to have grown back and I was able to cut everything to an even length.

When combed right I feel very confident even at 3 months. I am, however hoping for more of a hairline in the corners. I see quite a few sprouts in the corners and not many in the front. The front seems to look better already though.

The clinic has kept in good contact with me and that is appreciated.

I feel very fortunate as far as my hair loss goes as it seems very stable.

Waiting for growth truly is excruciating if you think about it. Many of you know what I am talking about and many of you will. I was hoping to have super hero growth by now and be one of the freaky ones but it looks like I will have to wait the normal growth curve.

As far as the naturalness, if you looked at it with a loop or a microscope, I do not think you could tell there is a transplant going on there. It is super refined.

So for this next month my goal is to get more new growth and begin maturing what has begun to grow. My overall goal is to have a hairline there in the corners that blend well with my native.

I feel like I am in a good place and will achieve these goals thanks to Dr. Konior and his team. I already feel confident and have begun to style my hair when I go out instead of wearing a cap, allowing me to take my wife on "dressier" dates. :)

BTW, my scar does not seem to be an issue. I do not think about it much at all but will try to get a pic of it next update. It feels completely healed.

OupWR.jpg

hUavZ.jpg

u46KS.jpg

TkJIW.jpg

hUavZhttp:

OupWR

View Spanker's Website