Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

Spanker

So the trigger has been pulled, After over 2 years of research, my day has come. I have not received my numbers yet, but I will put it in my signature block when I get them.

First, let me say that Dr. Konior is completely awesome. My surgery was 10 hours and the only time his was not by my side was when I went to the bathroom, which I am thankful for, because it was a single toilet restroom and would have made it kind of awkward :D.

I can tell you that the man is a machine. He works a lot of hours and has great stamina. He was totally focused the entire time and he and his team were extremely fluid. He has the energy of a 25 year old, the wisdom of.....well....a man of his age (haha Dr. K), and the skill of someone that can only be described as a master of his craft. I do not feel that for me, I could have chosen a better surgeon. If HT docs had an All-Star team, he would definitely be on it, and he would have my vote to be captain of the team as well (call me partial). That entire day I knew that Dr. K's 100% focus was giving me a desirable result. That meant quite a bit to me.

If someone who is seriously considering Dr. K, please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will also be letting Dr. K and Tom know that I may be used as a reference patient and will be willing to meet prospective patients in my area if asked. I know that is saying a lot having not had it grow out yet, but on the .000001 percent chance that it doesn't grow right, I know the doctor and I will be able to work things out.

Everything went just great and I am very thankful to Dr. Konior and his staff. I live in TN and if Dr. K had car trouble on the highway and couldn't get anyone to pick him up, I would drive up and give him a lift, that is how much I think of him (he would just have to wait 8.5 hours.)

The surgery went very smooth with pretty much zero pain, even including the injections. I don't remember much except hearing that I have a high number of 3's, which is good IMO if I ever have to do any vertex work. I did not even know when the strip was removed, I was expecting to hear a lot of ripping or crunching noise or something, but he got it out like butter.

Right now I am about a 2-3 on pain in the donor area. Just enough to know that it is there, but not enough to complain about. Were I in a social setting instead of alone in a hotel, I probably would not notice it.

My goal was to be a really good patient and make it as easy on the doctor and the staff as I could. I did my best to not move or complain. I told the doctor that if I did fall asleep I would probably jump out of it, which I did, twice, Luckily I don't think I messed anything up. I was asleep about 75 percent of the procedure.

Upon my request, I wanted the hairline a little above my natural one and wanted some conservative corners. I put a red line on the pic below where the doctor began grafting.

On a different note, I would also like to thank Aaron1234 for meeting me up here. He came and hung out and we got some pizza Sunday night and then we watched "Breaking Bad." He let me check out his HT and scars and I showed him my areas of concern and let him check out my CVG (the wrinkles on my head). If someone were to have looked through the window, we would have looked like we were monkeys grooming each other. Since I drove down alone it was really nice to be able to hang out and keep my mind off of the next day. I now considered him a "real life" friend.

So thank you Dr. K and staff and thanks Aaron1234.

Below are my picks of Day 0, Day 1 and I added one of me and Aaron1234, which I think the regular posters will appreciate.

5b32d3dce8b4c_NewImage.JPG.ad944ff337a640553c22bc89c7e2121b.JPG

ht1.jpg.ab953684a0bd66825e85ec46762b9488.jpg

5b32d3dd32637_spanda.JPG.ff1764eaefc5dfc7b10261fb0568841f.JPG

Edited by Spanker
Spelling

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanker

are you sure the procedure was yesterday, I dont see any redness in pic1 and pic 2 looks like a #2 buzzcut on perfect skin...damn that looks nice

Fugly ole' Duck

Nice write up. Man, that is some very cleaaaaaaan work. It looks great and you have great hair to compliment it when this grows out. Very refined, awesome work by the doc. 10 hours and he was at your side at all times, now that is 110% 1st class treatment. The last pic of both you fellas is lol. I keep thinking of you as that guy when I see Spanker written anywhere. It's nice to hear everything was smooth and you also had Aaron to hang out with and for support. Heal well and thanks for the update. :)

Congratulations Spanker.

Sounds like it was a memorable experience and the praise for Dr Konior is fully justified.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks everyone. My pain in the donor has picked up a bit this afternoon. I also decided to walk around the hotel uncovered as see if I could get some weird stares.

Mission accomplished.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats on the HT Spanker. The work looks great and judging from the pics you had a very solid base to start with. Your hair is gonna look awesome. And yes, Aaron is a real good dude...nice of him to meet up with you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

After closely inspecting Spanker's hair both pre-op and post-op I can say with the utmost confidence that his already enviable head of hair will be god-like within the next year. :) Dr. Konior's work looked about as refined and clean one could possibly hope for with modern day techniques. It is evident that he takes great pride in his work and you can't help but appreciate the artistic approach he has cultivated.

As for hang time with Spanker, it was a blast and he's every bit as logical and well spoken in person as he is on the forum. He's a great guy and certainly deserves the perfect result he has waiting for him.

Safe travels home buddy and keep in touch!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Congrats on finally getting through it! That certainly is some densely packed grafting there. You will see a full result next summer and I think you will be able to put all of your hair worries behind you. The rest of your hair looks safe for now.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Spanker, congrats fella, you're all done!:eek: And I can only echo what everyone else has said already, it looks fantastic and I have no doubt you're in for one hell of a result.

The work looks impeccable, just what you'd expect from Konior.

Great write up too. Makes me wish I could fast forward 8 months when hopefully I'm sat in the chair.

Thanks everyone.

Well, I got a little more greedy that anticipated. I ended up with:

516 - 1's

1145 - 2's

449 - 3's

So I totaled out at 2110 grafts. I am expecting a great result.

My donor is feeling much better today so far today. No changes in the looks of everything since my last photo.

View Spanker's Website

Spanker, I'm real happy for you. You seem like a great guy & I wish you the very best in your HT results. The work looks truly awesome, just try to relax & get some quality sleep while reposing in that awful upright position! - one of my least fave things about the first 5 days post-op!

4 days post op my donor feels good as well does the recipient site.

One thing I didn't do is ice a much as I should have, so today the swelling finally made it to my eyes. I started a mederol dose pack which will help. I did ice, but found it a little painful to put the ice pack directly on and didn't seen very cold when I wrapped it in a towel.

Either way, Dr. K said that the swelling in my forehead wouldn't hurt my grafts so I am not too worried about it.

Edited by Spanker

View Spanker's Website

Congrats Spanker, you chose well indeed! I found Dr. Konior's work incredibly clean and meticulous. After both my HTs, I went back to work very early and no one ever noticed a thing. It was pretty incredible. I've been thrilled with my HT's from him and I know you will be too. Looking forward to following your results.

Happy to hear things went well for you Spanker. I have date with Dr Konior scheduled, so am encouraged (that is, less nervous). Looking forwards to further news from you.

You have nothing to worry about, but I understand your apprehension. Getting my wisdom teeth out was much worse.

View Spanker's Website