Awesome Hairline and Crown Restoration- 10,000 grafts By Dr. Sanusi Umar

It's amazing how much younger someone can look with a well done hairline. Take a look at this patient.

FUE-hair-restoration-070-300x166.jpg

FUE-hair-restoration-080-300x165.jpg

Dr. Umar used 10,000 grafts extracted from the nape and head using his uGraft technique in Follicular Unit Extraction. He also designed this particular hairline as the best looking match for this patient's facial structure.

The nape hair is thinner than head hair. This is what makes it ideal for hairline restoration.

Here is the link to this patient's video testimony: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/patient-videos/crown-and-hairline-restoration-with-10000-grafts-using-fue-hair-transplant/

Dr. Umar also replicated the natural angle and direction of hair in the crown region of this patient as you can see in the video.

If you want to learn more about FUE hair transplant, click here for a helpful article.

Edited by Abbie

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

If he extracted 10K grafts that would be a world record I believe. More info on this case would be appreciated, Is there any way that you can attach these so that they are bigger?

I am sure there will be a lot of questions about at 10k graft fue procedure.

Sure it is not 10k hairs?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Abbie,

Thanks for sharing. Like Spanker, I would love to see some larger images too.

Having said that, I really like the hairline design. Dr. Umar's FUE mega-sessions are always impressive.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

the video ... wow!

simply amazing when you look at how far forward the temple points are.

he went from a nw5 to a nw1. beautiful. I wonder if Dr. Umar did it in 1pass (like 5 or 6 days straight)

the video ... wow!

simply amazing when you look at how far forward the temple points are.

he went from a nw5 to a nw1. beautiful. I wonder if Dr. Umar did it in 1pass (like 5 or 6 days straight)

My question too, or was it more that one surgery. His donor looked amazing. Didn't know it was possible to get 10k grafts from fue.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In the case description, it says "10k grafts from nape and head (scalp)," but the video description states "10k grafts from beard and head." Does this mean grafts were utilized from the scalp, nape, and beard region? If so, it does help shed some light on the large number of extractions. What's more, I can only assume the surgery took several sessions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Immediate post-op pics along with more high quality photos would be helpful.

That's a pretty aggressive hairline and temple closure. Suits the gentlemen's face but sacrificed density on top. The patient isn't doing his results any favors with the wet hair.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The lower you have a hairline, the less hair you have for everywhere else.

Definite improvement though.

How many hairs were from the scalp and how many from nape/body??

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

So was it an all scalp/nape hair transplant or was body hair used in conjunction? 10,000 FUE scalp/nape grafts are quite high no matter what density the patient is rocking.

The hairline is killer. I would rather have a hairline like that and slightly lower density elsewhere than a high receeded looking hairline. Framing the face is the most important part. This looks like the hairline of a 16 year old.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

the video in the link is better than 100 high resolution pics.

this is an amazing transformation,I don't care were those grafts are from,or whether it was done in one session or multiple sessions,or whether it's surgical record or not! the result is what matters and it's fantastic.

it's amazing how much a low hairline can make a man look youthful & young even at the cost of such low density,this definitely beats a high "M" shaped middle age look hairline with denser density.

Most doctors would have probably sent this guy home if he were to request such a thing or just designed a conservative or very high recommend placement to keep up with his future progression with either Strip or FUE. However, the issue with that is that he already lost hair quite extensivly and was already up on the higher norwood level to begin with.

I think a lot of fellas are amazed with the placement of it more than anything. It seems framing the face can have many definitions and a lot of people are told such hairlines would not be suitable on older guys and so forth and are not recommended on young guys since it can look funny later on in life or very very juvenile or unnatural. This person still looks suited with it in his age. So, what is realistic and what isn't anymore.

I agree though, record or not, etc etc etc, or any other if ands or buts or worries or concerns or any other added bs, this guy looks like he is ready to wear a business suit to give a corporate presentation and take over a fortune 500 company with pure confidence as a top level executive or something. That's how this really looks like just with the design alone. To top it off, after 10000 grafts look at his donor and the flexibility he has too. In general, I probably even have more donor than this person. Honestly, this is one of the most dramatic framing the face changes I have ever seen on such a high norwood level. If you just put a photo of his result and told everyone to guess this guys before norwood level, there is no way I would have guessed him further than a norwood 3 preop at all.

I agree with Sean. I really respect Dr. Umar. He never turns away patients and always accepts challenges. He has unbelievable FUE stamina. I have no clue why some leading hair loss experts like Spencer Kobren keeps on criticizing him. I wouldn't say his FUE is really refined and state of the art but I feel his work is really life saving and challenging especially when it comes to using Body and Nape hairs. Dr. Umar is my No.1 Doc when donor depletes.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Sean got it right. This approach and result by Dr. Umar is groundbreaking. Given this patient's facial structure and amount of hair loss, a low hairline, restored temporal points, and blocked temporal peaks looks fantastic even without exceptional density. For this patient, the available donor was better used for aggressive facial framing than it would have been for a denser packed but more conservative hairline. He should look good for the rest of his life. Terrific, creative work!

Most doctors would have probably sent this guy home if he were to request such a thing or just designed a conservative or very high recommend placement to keep up with his future progression with either Strip or FUE. However, the issue with that is that he already lost hair quite extensivly and was already up on the higher norwood level to begin with.

I think a lot of fellas are amazed with the placement of it more than anything. It seems framing the face can have many definitions and a lot of people are told such hairlines would not be suitable on older guys and so forth and are not recommended on young guys since it can look funny later on in life or very very juvenile or unnatural. This person still looks suited with it in his age. So, what is realistic and what isn't anymore.

I agree though, record or not, etc etc etc, or any other if ands or buts or worries or concerns or any other added bs, this guy looks like he is ready to wear a business suit to give a corporate presentation and take over a fortune 500 company with pure confidence as a top level executive or something. That's how this really looks like just with the design alone. To top it off, after 10000 grafts look at his donor and the flexibility he has too. In general, I probably even have more donor than this person. Honestly, this is one of the most dramatic framing the face changes I have ever seen on such a high norwood level. If you just put a photo of his result and told everyone to guess this guys before norwood level, there is no way I would have guessed him further than a norwood 3 preop at all.

99.9999% of doctors would have basically said no to a hairline that low. You are right, his new look certainly makes him look more white collar and commanding.

If he extracted 10K grafts that would be a world record I believe.

Not even close. Dr. Lorenzo has a video of a guy that got 11770 grafts by FUE. They also shaved down the donor and it looks really good but not the top imo because he was a norwood 6/7 and still had too much scalp to cover.

This Dr. Umar case is very interesting too.

10,000 grafts would require about 7 or more days to extract and transplant with most surgeons not to mention the scalp trauma and a large amount of money from the patient. Something does not sound right about this post in my honest opinion.

I agree with Sean. I really respect Dr. Umar. He never turns away patients and always accepts challenges. He has unbelievable FUE stamina. I have no clue why some leading hair loss experts like Spencer Kobren keeps on criticizing him. I wouldn't say his FUE is really refined and state of the art but I feel his work is really life saving and challenging especially when it comes to using Body and Nape hairs. Dr. Umar is my No.1 Doc when donor depletes.

Sean got it right. This approach and result by Dr. Umar is groundbreaking. Given this patient's facial structure and amount of hair loss, a low hairline, restored temporal points, and blocked temporal peaks looks fantastic even without exceptional density. For this patient, the available donor was better used for aggressive facial framing than it would have been for a denser packed but more conservative hairline. He should look good for the rest of his life. Terrific, creative work!

99.9999% of doctors would have basically said no to a hairline that low. You are right, his new look certainly makes him look more white collar and commanding.

Mickey, I do think 99.9999% doctors on this forum will not even suggest such a thing and tell the patient to go home or tell them it is not likely possible due to the nature of hairloss progression and so forth etc etc etc and to keep it safe and etc etc etc or it may be girly for man to do or etc etc etc. However, some doctors not recommended have tried it while some have succeded and some haven't. Look at Dr. Armani, he gave really aggressive styles with what was it, his Vitrivian fue or something?, but patients continued to recede or had complications and the donor areas were basically tapped out or with varying degrees of yield without adequate precautionary safety measures in place to maybe help them later (or to pay for the repair at costs which were mind boggling due to the per graft charges). It caused some customers to complain about the yield of their results and such things on the forums and then it was handled with law suit threats and other methods to scare the consumers from what I have read. I don't know if that practice still exists today for them though, things may have changed as it seems it is more like a franchise now. But some doctors that do strip only did try this method too with such hairlines and it screwed the patient as well because there is just so much you can harvest from the scalp with strip as also with FUE in general, but with FUE you still have extra flexibility in using "other" hairs if worst comes worst scenario. Dr. Lorenzo has tried it and does do this on larger norwoods and it seems he is doing a fairly decent job with coverage too. Other doctors even Dr. Bisanga have done transformations for severe balding cases utilizing the FUE method with hairlines that would have been mostly conservatively placed by other clinics for such higher norwoods. You can literally keep going with this. My own personal opinion "only as a consumer" with no financial gains, is that I think as a worldwide scale 50% clinics would try it and 50% wont. It just depends on how they can use the resources and harvest them and if they feel they can nail this and actually succeed. They will fear to attempt it if they know they can not succeed probably. I don't know.

Other than a consultation years ago, I don't know Dr. Umar or even spoke with this man other than see his results, but he should showcase more of these "is that for real?" type results more often. I have to be honest and say he just took it to another level which is impossible for some other clinics. In terms of design with coverage, this doctor seems to have nailed it to a certain aesthetic degree better than what most other similar norwoods received after their hair restorations were designed quite conservatively. Again, that's my opinion just as a consumer with no monetary or promotional interest whatsoever, but this doctor turned this guy into someone with a very "clean cut" look due to such framing. His head isn't small either as you can tell from the shoulder width and the size of his head, so common sense tells me it was quite a bit of real estate to cover. Opinion wise, today we have consumer declared or self declared or industry declared pioneers or strip kings, we have fue kings, we have hairline kings, we have megasession kings, we have scarless procedure kings, and we have many other kings and so forth that pioneer something another person doesn't or does a combination of pioneering or etc or whatever. That's the truth. Could the aftermath of this 10000 graft result lead to the formation of a framing the face king or aesthetic king? It's dropping jaws for that reason so I mean why not. What's real and what isn't anymore? I don't know and I am very confused at this point. I am dumbfounded right now as to what I have just seen when people would refuse this patient outright or be willing to offer this certain patient such a challenging feat or tell them to go home and so forth.

So, this guys hair density and texture is not as good as most other individuals naturally as is, but he is walking with pride (with probably no hair greed urges in place) vs everyone else that has better hair characteristics than him just by the fact of how he looks with his newly placed set of hair which basically kills a lot of people's outcomes aesthetically and makes his result undermine everyone elses' that especially belong to his norwood class. That's my opinion, But then again, his outcome even kills it with his design vs other patients lower than his norwood class naturally too. That's another opinion of mine as just a consumer and it's just an opinion. So, I mean what is going on? He's got at least between a 3-4 finger hairline by the way. It's not low as in really I have only 2 fingers above my eyebrow low. It doesn't really look like a teenager hairline to the degree it makes him look like a teenager. It killed his age and made him look young the rest of his life. Who the hell doesn't want that youthful feeling till the day they die? He seems to be set.

Hariri, Dr. Umar was questioned and was not easily accepted here before too as consumers questioned him to a great degree prior to his recommendation by asking him how is he doing this or that things don't look natural and yada yada yada with body hairs and beard hairs and other hairs and other concerns or theories spread about his practices for that matter or etc. My analyzing opinion was that I think there may have been few clinics that didn't want him on the forums too and talk negatively about his methods to their prospective patients possibly to illicit a favorable response in their favor possibly across such platforms. If Spencer Kobren does not agree to such methods or has his special concerns about body hair or beard hairs or ass hairs or whatever or if he didn't see a natural looking body hair transplant or etc to come to the conclusion that this isn't the way the industry should approach hairloss and so forth as he may think it causes harm or etc to patients or whatever, I don't know for what reason or whatever. I don't know if it is for those reasons or more or whatever. But it doesn't mean people have to listen to him as the word of god, since we all have our own independent minds and opinions and we are all researchers and not doctors or governing bodies like the UN or the Hague to project such disapproval. Sometimes seeing is friggen believing and people can change your beliefs if you see something that you really haven't before. If I keep seeing stuff like this at the same time Spencer Kobren hints unacceptance or hindered feelings of his approval or what the industry feels bout such practices, then I will just stop listening to him as results like this make people loose credibility pretty friggen quick due to a feeling of projected hypocrisy. If you talk to the talk then you need to walk the walk. This doctor heard the talk, but the ones that did the talking, didn't walk the walk. So, he didn't talk the talk when they were talking about him, but just walked the walk and pretty much shut up a lot of people right about now that were his doubters.

I saw this doctor not being combative on forums or degrading towards his competitors or etc, I noticed he just did it by doing work on this mans scalp that just annhilated most disbelievers unless they still perceive him as a threat to their clinics or etc. Simple as that. That's my opinion and you don't have to believe it but just use your head.

I am only human and I feel frustrated sometimes but in this result I keep seeing a guy here that is about to teach a business or law class or do something seriously leadership like or taking over a corporate environment. Yea there are stereotypes indeed, as a sufferer I am going to be honest about it. Before it seems he looked like a wall street guy behind the desk and trying to make trades and maybe moody about the world if things didn't go as planned but now he is like "ok ladies and gentlemen, please have a seat, and let's get to work and this is what we think our corporation should do". Again, it's only my opinion due to the way I analyze things but that's how I sometimes see it being around the business school, universities, and going into some of these large companies and corporate environments so forth around my region and even seeing the higher ranking officers in the military. I just have to say that this guys result is serious and he looks serious like he is about to do something very serious which I am not able to do right now. :( Simple as that.

Very nice result. I'll bet it cost more than my first house.

About the cost, Possibly, as such large procedures can cost a lot of money. It could be about $24,000 higher then the cost of your procedures. You never know as we tend to look just at the number of grafts and multiply them by the per graft charge for such large procedures. However, it is a little different than that. Usually, if you allow yourself to be on standby lists or let clinics showcase your results and so forth or have large procedures during the same period of time and so forth etc (the cost of the grafts go down substantially as a whole). Sometimes, the price quoted everywhere as a standard fixed price for a clinic is not really the standard price of the clinic due to so many factors. There are certain things that can subsidize the cost to a great degree and you will only know that until you get an email from the clinic/doctor.

But I agree, it is a very nice result. Enough to really transform this man.

10,000 grafts would require about 7 or more days to extract and transplant with most surgeons not to mention the scalp trauma and a large amount of money from the patient. Something does not sound right about this post in my honest opinion.

FUE is all that umar focuses on, I bet he did about 2,000 a day and did it in 5 straight days.

the cost is going to be $8 per graft * 10,000 grafts ---> thats $80,000 dollars, also he likely got a discount for showing his face and being in the video.

While that price range seems very expensive, remember its about the cost of a loaded E550 Mercedes. Many people have worked hard all their life and hairloss has always bothered them, they have equity on their 800k home or savings etc and will gladly pay for results rather than buying a brand new car or saving up more for retirement.

there is nothing fishy about the procedure.

Edited by BlueSteel