Dermatch and Toppik okay on airplane carry on?

Hi guys I am going on a bunch of interviews about month 3 post HT...

just wondering if I can take dermatch and toppik with a spray applicator on my carry on bag.

I'd hate to arrive at an interview without some concealers

has anyone had experience with this?

I've put it in my package when I've traveled for years now. I did have concerns like you when I first started doing it though; I was nervous security would think it was gun powder or something. Actually, I always have my wife put it in her bag in case we get stopped and asked what it is. I don't want to tell people that I use it to disguise my thinning.

I've put it in my package when I've traveled for years now. I did have concerns like you when I first started doing it though; I was nervous security would think it was gun powder or something. Actually, I always have my wife put it in her bag in case we get stopped and asked what it is. I don't want to tell people that I use it to disguise my thinning.

lol, gunpowder is exactly what i was worried they would think it was....

i can just imagine TSA forcing a bald man to show them it really is a concealer by sprinkling Toppik on his head while a line of angry passengers is booing!

Never had a problem with dermmatch or nanogen on the plane. I've had more issues with contact solution to be honest.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Even if security is suspicious about the powder appearance, all they have to do is smell the susbstance and know it's not gunpowder which by the way, has a distinct odor.

If asked, just tell them what it is and they should not have a problem with those products. Dermatch comes in a clear container and it looks like make-up.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...