Dutastride Shedding ... Please think ten times before you start Dutastride...

ashwajatha

Inspite of reading many horror stories from Dutastride, I made a leap into it 4 Months ago which was a biggest blunder of my life ever done in choosing Hair loss products, ever since using it i experienced rapid and 100X more hair fall each day, I lost the best hair i had in just 4 months, i motivated myself saying Hairloss would stop now or then but it continued to fall every where (Temple(lost a lot), Side's, crown, back), then i made a decision to halt the treatment of Dutastride 15 days ago and started with finastride 1 mg...to my surprise hairfall has halted ( came down from 100x to 2x) which is manageable, and serum concentration is stopped hairs started to thicken every where.....

I did not want to continue in using dutastride for few more months since the negative impact of medicine on hairs is at much higher rate compared to other medication's and I had lost lot of grounds due to this wonderful miracle drug, and its like gambling it could have made my hairs much worse or it could have grown more hairs, but am happy at last that the serum produced by dutastride is gone and my scalp and hairs feel and breath freshly

Symptoms while on Dutastride :

• Severe Itching in Scalp and flakes with high serum concentration.

• High hairfall rate (100x)

• Thicker hairs thinned out a lot and fell

• Brain fog ( i was trying hard to recollect or remember).

Guys please think before you start dutastride, you are bound to lose the best that you have got now, i remember only few has success rate with Dutastride.

Ps Note : This information would not help the ppl who have been benefited from Dutastride..

Inspite of reading many horror stories from Dutastride, I made a leap into it 4 Months ago which was a biggest blunder of my life ever done in choosing Hair loss products, ever since using it i experienced rapid and 100X more hair fall each day, I lost the best hair i had in just 4 months, i motivated myself saying Hairloss would stop now or then but it continued to fall every where (Temple(lost a lot), Side's, crown, back), then i made a decision to halt the treatment of Dutastride 15 days ago and started with finastride 1 mg...to my surprise hairfall has halted ( came down from 100x to 2x) which is manageable, and serum concentration is stopped hairs started to thicken every where.....

I did not want to continue in using dutastride for few more months since the negative impact of medicine on hairs is at much higher rate compared to other medication's and I had lost lot of grounds due to this wonderful miracle drug, and its like gambling it could have made my hairs much worse or it could have grown more hairs, but am happy at last that the serum produced by dutastride is gone and my scalp and hairs feel and breath freshly

Symptoms while on Dutastride :

• Severe Itching in Scalp and flakes with high serum concentration.

• High hairfall rate (100x)

• Thicker hairs thinned out a lot and fell

• Brain fog ( i was trying hard to recollect or remember).

Guys please think before you start dutastride, you are bound to lose the best that you have got now, i remember only few has success rate with Dutastride.

Ps Note : This information would not help the ppl who have been benefited from Dutastride..

Hey Mate,

I am sorry for your experience but glad you shared it. It just brings back to home the benefits of educating yourself on this forum; and then consulting with an HTN recommended physician first. All the best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

That's odd. I've had nothing but good results with Dutasteride. I was on Finasteride for about 8 months before adding Dutasteride, and I had better results.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

People need to bear in mind getting on Finasteride and Dutasteride can trigger an initial shed of hair which will never recover.

My own experience when i first started Fin, i had an horrendous shed in the frontal third which never recovered. I think it probably accelerated rapidly the loss of hair that would have been on its way out eventually.

It was quite a shock though and something i didnt expect. I went in the matter of a month to not having to use concealer to having to use it daily.