Kirkland Minoxidil

Ireland89

I wouldn't say that it's going to make it less effective seeing as how hair drying just increase the rate of evaporation. Just use the cool setting from your blow dryer and i think you should be fine...

PS: Kirkland came out with foam version minoxidil as well recently.

This stuff irritiated the hell out of my scalp. (Kirkland 5%)

Does anyone know of any good remedys to help with it if i started it up again.. Tea tree oil shampoo perhaps?

Nizoral dosent seem to help.

I know Spex has information on the Rogaine foam version on his free report on his site and if I remember correctly, he mentions it causes less to no irritation compared to the liquid. I think the info might be in one of his ebook modules.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

it's been 2 months since I started using kirkland minoxidil foam 5%,no irritation or other skin issues at all.

but major increase in shedding, which is said to be normal in first few months of using any minoxidil product.

dries really fast,is not greasy and does not stick the hairs like liquid versions,and actually gives some additional volume to hair making styling easy and help to hide thinning areas.based on what I read it's as good as rogain/regain brand just much more affordable.

• 2 months later...
it's been 2 months since I started using kirkland minoxidil foam 5%,no irritation or other skin issues at all.

but major increase in shedding, which is said to be normal in first few months of using any minoxidil product.

dries really fast,is not greasy and does not stick the hairs like liquid versions,and actually gives some additional volume to hair making styling easy and help to hide thinning areas.based on what I read it's as good as rogain/regain brand just much more affordable.

Hi Alix,

Do you just use minox or do you use fin too? let me know

I have been using Kirkland Minoxidil for around 4 months now. I am a university student and was using it whilst back home. I never had any irritation and it dried fine and I am sure that I was seeing steady result in thickening my hair around my receding hairline. I was encouraged by the fact that when showering my hair wasn't coming out.

However since moving back to university and using the liquid, my scalp has become extremely itchy and seems to have dry skin where I put it on. I woke up to day and found that my skin had been weeping as it does after you get a scab. Wasn't sure if this was because of be scrathcing my head and possibly cutting the skin. It has started to burn when putting it on.

I'm not sure whether it may be a difference in water as I have moved from south to north, or whether it is a different shampoo I am using (a deep cleansing one to remove wax build up).

It just seems strange after using it for so long without irritation that it is fine. I am debating not using for a week or so and letting the scalp heal from dryness and then buy some foam in hope that it has less irritation.

Does anyone have experience or any knowledge on why after 4months+ of it being fine that it is now causing me problems.

New to the forum so sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I had to switch from the liquid to the foam due to scalp irritation. Have had no irritation with the foam thankfully.

Im using Kirkland Foam at the moment. The one complaint i have is after a week or so the bottles were no longer 'foaming' but the minox is coming out in a liquid state.

Anyone else have this.? Maybe its just a bad batch and i will try a different supplier for the next order.

I had to switch from the liquid to the foam due to scalp irritation. Have had no irritation with the foam thankfully.

Im using Kirkland Foam at the moment. The one complaint i have is after a week or so the bottles were no longer 'foaming' but the minox is coming out in a liquid state.

Anyone else have this.? Maybe its just a bad batch and i will try a different supplier for the next order.

I am having the same problem, still looks like foam but as soon as you put it on your hand, it turns in to liquid, I guess it's one of those things for buying a cheaper branded product. :confused:

Have you found that even though the foam has become liquid that the irritation is still no problem? I bought foam the other day so hoping for the best.

In regards to your problem if its coming out as foam I have read that if you run your hands under cold water first and then dry them as heat will cause the foam to turn to liquid. By having cold hands it should hopefully stay in foam form.

Was gutted when the liquid began to cause irritation as it has become so bad there is just no way of using it and putting up with it.

Have you found that even though the foam has become liquid that the irritation is still no problem? I bought foam the other day so hoping for the best.

In regards to your problem if its coming out as foam I have read that if you run your hands under cold water first and then dry them as heat will cause the foam to turn to liquid. By having cold hands it should hopefully stay in foam form.

Was gutted when the liquid began to cause irritation as it has become so bad there is just no way of using it and putting up with it.

There is an ingredient in the liquid that's not in the foam and from what I read the other day else where, that is what causes the irritation.

I personally never had any problems with either but I have read articles where it has become a problem for people.

Okay I am hoping this is the reason, and that the foam will prevent irritation.

I was using liquid for 4 months without irritation, so it may be just because a change of products I'm using. Debating going back to my old routine and see whether this changes anything.

Okay I am hoping this is the reason, and that the foam will prevent irritation.

I was using liquid for 4 months without irritation, so it may be just because a change of products I'm using. Debating going back to my old routine and see whether this changes anything.

Brad, do you just you minox or do you use fin as well?

Yeah i have got one more kirkland foam bottle and if the same thing happens i will prob switch to the Regaine.

The Kirkland Minox is not foaming at all. It is just coming out in liquid form so its not even foam for a few seconds before dissolving. Not easy to apply it like that.

Maybe i have a shoddy supply so was interested to see if others have the same problem.

Yeah be sure to ride it out and give yourself 12 months minimum before you ditch it.

I made that mistake in the past. You need to assess after 12 months if the minox is having an effect. Take pictures monthly to assess.

Shedding early on is normally a good sign as the hairs are pushed out to start a new healthy growth cycle and come back thicker and stronger.

Yeah be sure to ride it out and give yourself 12 months minimum before you ditch it.

I made that mistake in the past. You need to assess after 12 months if the minox is having an effect. Take pictures monthly to assess.

Shedding early on is normally a good sign as the hairs are pushed out to start a new healthy growth cycle and come back thicker and stronger.

Fingers crossed it works!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally hated the Kirkland stuff. Granted it was cheap - but when I first started using it, it gave me dandruff/residue for the first couple of weeks. Then over the course of 2 years it made my scalp very sore and itchy. Since switched to Regaine Foam and although still gives me the occasional red scalp, its nowhere near as bad, or messy!

i was using the kirkland 5% liquid and then switched to the foam for convenience. within a week my eyes felt like they had sand in them one day and progressively got very red and more irritated. after leaving the optometrist to shut out any thoughts of pink eye or something else of the sorts, my friend asked me if i had added any new foaming hair products to my arsenal, and proceeded to tell me that there is an ingredient in some foaming products that can cause irritation in areas other than just your scalp.

so just a heads up for anyone thinking about the foam. if it works for you then great! i'm jealous, and apparently unlucky. i've never had any eye problems prior except for horrible vision, and frankly the liquid has never given me any issues except for a few days of extremely itchy scalp at night. if you look in the ingredients for the foam, there is a bunch of other things compared to just those in the liquid, namely BUTANE. i'm no chemist but i don't think putting lighter fluid on my head is a good idea.

Edited by msh89

After buying the foam and trying it, it still seems to have the same effect, aka the weeping of the skin, and red patch around my scalp.

I think I could deal with it, as I feel once back home it will be fine again. However would the burning and irritation cause to further hair loss? Is it recommended to stop completely and carry on once again when back home or to brave it out and maybe only use once a day instead?

Will be going to the doctors in a weeks time to see if they can recommend what might be the problem.

After buying the foam and trying it, it still seems to have the same effect, aka the weeping of the skin, and red patch around my scalp.

I think I could deal with it, as I feel once back home it will be fine again. However would the burning and irritation cause to further hair loss? Is it recommended to stop completely and carry on once again when back home or to brave it out and maybe only use once a day instead?

Will be going to the doctors in a weeks time to see if they can recommend what might be the problem.

Hi brad123! Did you notice more or any shedding at all, after you switched from liquid to foam? Heard from different forums that some people had experienced that, and they regret they switched. Had the same problem as you with the flaking scalp/dandruff from using kirkland 5% liquid, and thinking of throwing away the rest and buy foam instead:)