Traveling through airport

I know a lot of people that undergo HT's usually travel far away and take flights to get there and back. When traveling after HT, do you wear a hat or something else to cover your head? I had a bad experience one time with this and I must say it probably was the most embarassing moment of my life. I could hear security saying to take off belts, shoes, hats, etc. I tried to act like I didn't hear them but one of them asked me to take my hat off. There was a hot girl in front of me and people behind me of course. After I went through metal detector one of the security checked out my bandages and asked what happened. I told him I underwent surgery but didn't go into details. When I arrived to my gate I went to grab something to eat and what do you know, the same hot girl was in line too...just embarassing. I'm scheduled for another and hopefully last HT in November. I considered driving to avoid any embarassment but it's all the way in Canada and I'm in Texas. Any tips??

I know a lot of people that undergo HT's usually travel far away and take flights to get there and back. When traveling after HT, do you wear a hat or something else to cover your head? I had a bad experience one time with this and I must say it probably was the most embarassing moment of my life. I could hear security saying to take off belts, shoes, hats, etc. I tried to act like I didn't hear them but one of them asked me to take my hat off. There was a hot girl in front of me and people behind me of course. After I went through metal detector one of the security checked out my bandages and asked what happened. I told him I underwent surgery but didn't go into details. When I arrived to my gate I went to grab something to eat and what do you know, the same hot girl was in line too...just embarassing. I'm scheduled for another and hopefully last HT in November. I considered driving to avoid any embarassment but it's all the way in Canada and I'm in Texas. Any tips??

Mixedguy,

I would try not to think about it that much,, I was very worried about this issue as well.. I would ask the Doctor that performed the hair transplant for a doctors sugrical hat and rock that.. You also can wear a very loose hat.. As far as the airport thing with the security guards goes usually the clinic that you get the transplant done at will give you a letter stating that you had a surgical procedure done.. They also will give you liquids for after care that you have to take on the plane.. You simply say that you just had surgical procedure done and don't take off the hat. The letter will do it.. As far as the hot chic.. Who gives a flying shit want she thinks! You will never see her again in your life bro.. Let it be.. Don't drive.. That chic probally has fake tits, a nose job, and who else knows! She may of had a transplant too!

I wouldn't wear a hat at all after a HT, period. If it's sunny, use an umbrella.

You need to get oxygen to your scalp, let it breathe and with a hat, it can cause your scalp to sweat.

Wearing a hat also rubs against the head, which may cause grafts to dislodge (depending on how soon you travel after, really you shouldn't travel back less than 4 days after the HT to ensure the grafts are set and any facial swelling has subsided).

At the end of the day, who cares if it's embarrassing. Remember, you don't know these people and will most likely never see any of them again in your life... and if you do they wouldn't recognize you as you will have hair!

The people who stare, talk or snigger are either a) intrigued and dying to ask you questions (as i found out), or b) jealous that you have been brave enough to go through with it and have the confidence to walk through an airport.

When i travelled back from Turkey, i had long-ish hair on top, red scabs forming at the front, grade 2 shave at the sides, grade 0-1 in the donor area and even had a bit of pen on the donor area that was refusing to budge! I just though 'who cares'.

Embrace the transplant and be happy about it :D

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Happened to me last week. They asked me to remove my cap in washington airport on 3 occasions. I just refused, said i couldnt beacuse i had surgery and removing it would disturb my head. I told them my doctor was going to cut off my baseball cap when i was back in the uk lol. They made me rub my hands all over my cap and then swab tested my hands. And that was it, never came off my head once.

If you feel so bad about it, why don't you stay In canada for a week or so ? You can pretty much stay at the hotel the first 2 or 3 days and then you can go out sight seeing and enjoying the city for couple of days with a hat on, and by the end of the week you can travel since it won't be as bad as right post surgery. I know some ppl who did that..

I wore that little blue medical hat through the airport, and it was hilarious how people acted towards me and looked at me (or didn't look at me). Also, my eyes were swelled up like I'd taken a beating. Airports are so diverse, though, it's not a huge deal. Honestly, if you're that concerned about the hot girl in front of you, you're not ready for this. That girl was not going to fuck you anyways. You need to understand that people who know you very well and will judge you and will actually remember this are going to see you before you look good--probably while you still look like shit. So you better be in it for the long haul.

I just had my first day back at work today, and it was interesting. I didn't admit to people that I'd had something done, but it was fairly obvious, and I kind of smiled and acted coy when peoples' questions got specific ("why is there scabbing?"). My boss is totally bald and his reaction was pretty funny. I told him I just buzzed it up and he smiled at me like he knew I was full of shit and I smiled back like I knew he knew I was full of shit, but I didn't care.