FUE with Dr William Lindsey

drivein

I've been reading threads on this site for some time now and finally decided to post.

I started losing my hair about 5 years ago, slowly at first and with no hairloss im my family i kind of ignored it for a while.

Finally used the belgravia centre 2 and a half years ago for propecia and 12.5% minoxidil, yes i know i could prob find it cheaper but already used finastride for 6 months prior which was clearly not genuine . This way i know its genuine but costs about 25% more.

I flew out to washington for a FUE transplant with Dr Lindsey. We agreed 800 grafts would be satisfactory for the results i wanted.

I had previously met with two other docs in the UK but Dr Lindsey came across much more helpful and friendly than either of the other docs.

The day of the surgery i was a little nervous but eager to start.

We started with a 0.9mm punch but after the first 150-200 holes Dr Lindsey decided to switch to 1.1mm graft as the grafts were getting damaged.

After another 150-200 holes we still had the same problem with the hairs transecting or capping i believe its called, where basically the hair breaks when being removed and leaves the root behind.

At this point We sat down and had a chat about the situation,options to take:-

we could either carry on but the original 800 grafts would be out of reach and would be lucky to get 500.

switch to a small strip to buffer the number up to 800

or stop altogether and admit defeat.(not an option after travelling 3000 miles)

In the end i decided to stick with FUE and just pray things got better.

Which thankfully they did, the right side of my donor area seemed to give much better results than my left side. In the end we actually got 628 grafts which was somewhere close to the original 800 so it worked out in the end.

Dr Lindsey was great through the whole situation, and his staff are great.

The two technicians that worked along side him on me were friendly and i felt at ease.

The next few days i spent in the hotel ordering room service and movies which left me a chunky hotel bill, but i personally felt to insecure to leave the hotel with my new patchy hair style lol :D

I decided to where a cap through customs and then just my hoody on the back half of my head during the flight. I was asked 3 TIMES to remove my cap in washington airport which i refused each time :P so they did some sort of swab test on it without removing it, i said that it could not be removed as it would disturb my surgery :D I even got asked to remove it heathrow as well but refused again lol. Next time i will just wrap it up with a bandage i think it will be easier.

Now the waiting game begins, still havent shed anything yet so fingers crossed im one of the 5% that doesnt, no shockloss either, very early days though so we'll see :confused:

A BIG THANKS TO DR WILLIAM LINDSEY AND HIS STAFF AND ALL THE POSTERS ON HERE THAT LEAD ME TO MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION AND NOT GETTING IT DONE IN THE UK.

AND A MASSIVE THANKS TO SPEX FOR HELP THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS, FLIGHTS, HOTEL EVERYTHING. TOP MAN :)

006r.jpg.1c2ee1e66d7ab1f797e26d0758ab2181.jpg

008r.jpg.ea37b3e2038572a90037edf51d95d9a8.jpg

009r.jpg.ed6c2ad01694e911a71f95f38cc4505c.jpg

010r.jpg.a273b3c1d91044c7df66e359e19aecbd.jpg

011r.jpg.11ed296971a81c4eeb385693f23b6c90.jpg

12r.jpg.241e5440885adc658266fd4138f001ab.jpg

016t.jpg.f82dcda35de0abb18741f86ea07ae294.jpg

017r.jpg.fde97d0137f0f76b9ec521c65b32caed.jpg

Edited by drivein

Thanks for posting. I'd say your description of the day is very accurate. I was ready to admit defeat and as you know, I was delighted when your right side turned out to be way easier to FUE than the left.

Your pics look exactly right for the days postop.

As always, if you have trouble or questions, email.

And thanks for coming over.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Looks great! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for taking the time to do a write up about Dr. Lindsey. I personally believe he is one of the best HT surgeons in America, not only with his skills, but his ethics.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 4 months later...

5 Months post op. Thought i'd post some pics.

About 20% grew straight away, 70% fell out over the first 4 months and about 10% just stayed the same and are still there now. Seems that a few that started growing straight away are now falling out after 4-5 months.

Didn't have any shock loss in the donor area and very little in the receipient region.

Seems they are starting to grow slowly and thicken up. The Left hand side seems to be looking alot better than the right for some reason. Still early days so fingers crossed.

I always seem to have a bit of a shed around christmas time which i have bee told is a seasonal shed so with a bit of luck things will come together spring/summer next year.

YEEEEEHAAAA :D

IMAG0443.jpg.aca6a7ded62dd19d5770072c67faf3f1.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg.f8bf0a402162b0cfe18b32c466ea1af4.jpg