How I went from a NW5 to a NW1

Hi all. This is obviously a bragging tread :) I have taken the time too write this so people can see that some lucky guys can restore there hair even though they have lost a great deal. When I first posted my pictures on this website I was told to give up restoring my hair. I don't think that it was a bad advice. But i do think that things are not black or white so therefore advice should be given in a manner that excludes opportunities. Taking meds and getting a hair transplant is not for all. And i don't think that its the right decision for everybody. But some people like me loses to much of their self-estem/life quality when they lose their hair. I am very happy that i started taking meds and got a hair transplant. But i know that perhaps this is going to chance in the future. I can definitely recommend not doing anything to sudden when you lose your hair. Try and see if time changes how you feel and think.

I started meds dec 2010 which gave me a lot of hair back. You can see the rest of my regimen in my signature. You can see catchy how much i gained from meds if you view my profile. I have posted before and after meds pictures.

I got my hair transplant in august 2011. The doctor whom perfumed my hair transplant was Dr. Radha Rani. She is recommended on this forum. I can't recommend her highly enough. She is indeed a world-class surgeon and a wonderful person.

1.jpg.0fc74730afcd317eeabbb9ec8898b88c.jpg

2.jpg.1778b33cc170822f9dcfda82b26e674e.jpg

3.jpg.778a5b32d2d5b467b6e517693fb16286.jpg

4.jpg.f462c1221e7c68e1899ca820c8ce04cb.jpg

5.jpg.9e72a77cddec57c4853fc40d1636c7df.jpg

6.jpg.c0af607c902d01d44a0c2fcbf91fc58a.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg.5138ecc684f00efb430453321c8fae4e.jpg

IMG_0405_face0.jpg.c21cff1f31b50ffffa2c8a44a8c3490b.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg.9962d04e0f3e709e26e7620d174944f7.jpg

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Cardel, great to see you man! I'm interested to hear your story!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I wouldn't say you were a full-blown NW5. Maybe heading there. However, your hair looks fantastic right now! Good job whatever you did.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Good for you. Not every person as you react so well, but yours is a good case to show that you should try meds if you have some hair to save.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Dr. Radha getting such a good review, I'm going to Vizag next week to have my surgery with her. Flip Flopped around Dr Radha, Dr Madhu and Dr Mohmand. I preferred Dr Radha's personal touch to Dr Madhu, and Pakistan is off limits for now. How many grafts did you get, any thoughts on Vizag worth knowing? Your results amazing, happy for you.

Hi all. This is obviously a bragging tread :) I have taken the time too write this so people can see that some lucky guys can restore there hair even though they have lost a great deal. When I first posted my pictures on this website I was told to give up restoring my hair. I don't think that it was a bad advice. But i do think that things are not black or white so therefore advice should be given in a manner that excludes opportunities. Taking meds and getting a hair transplant is not for all. And i don't think that its the right decision for everybody. But some people like me loses to much of their self-estem/life quality when they lose their hair. I am very happy that i started taking meds and got a hair transplant. But i know that perhaps this is going to chance in the future. I can definitely recommend not doing anything to sudden when you lose your hair. Try and see if time changes how you feel and think.

I started meds dec 2010 which gave me a lot of hair back. You can see the rest of my regimen in my signature. You can see catchy how much i gained from meds if you view my profile. I have posted before and after meds pictures.

I got my hair transplant in august 2011. The doctor whom perfumed my hair transplant was Dr. Radha Rani. She is recommended on this forum. I can't recommend her highly enough. She is indeed a world-class surgeon and a wonderful person.

Hey Mate!

Wow! Those images are amazing. Keep bragging because you are affirming the lifestyle change and success someone can have from HTN. Your post should encourage many men particularly young men to not worry about stigma and have the head of hair they want.

To you continued success, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi all. This is obviously a bragging tread :) I have taken the time too write this so people can see that some lucky guys can restore there hair even though they have lost a great deal. When I first posted my pictures on this website I was told to give up restoring my hair. I don't think that it was a bad advice. But i do think that things are not black or white so therefore advice should be given in a manner that excludes opportunities.
First of all CONGRATS you look amazing. I also thank you for bringing up the point about the negativity of the members here who told you to give up. There are a lot of NEGATIVE people here who have made mistakes and jumped into this without doing their research and I think it bothers them on some level when someone like yourself is able to defy all of the dogma here and the conception that someone can never have a full head of hair but only an "illusion" of density. As you say, things are not black and white. Certainly someone with a NW7 and poor donor hair has to be realistic but for those of us with minimal loss OR those like yourself who responded well to the meds and have a lot to work with prior to surgery, I see no reason not to be aggressive and go for the results you want. Again, thanks so much for posting and this should be a lesson to many people here not to get discouraged with some of the BS that people post around here from time to time.