Cure for Shortness?!

It has always amazed me how so many people think that short guys are always mad because they are short.

I am 5'7". Pretty short for this day-and-age. I really couldn't care less if I was any taller or not. It really doesn't bother me being this short at all.

I have dated women as tall as 5'10". Really, the only problem there is that when they want to where heels, the height difference is really exhaggerated. But, hey, if you have the confidence to pull it off, then more power to you!

There are far worse things than being short.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

You are absolutely right, Robert. And while we are all guilty of wanting to better our appearance, there are far far more things people should be researching other than a cure for baldness. I mean, don't get me wrong...I would jump for joy if someone would find a cure, but what about cancer? What about blindness? What about being deaf?

You are right, Robert and I think we should all take a good look at our health and realize appearance isn't always everything.

There is one exception to the shortness topic,however. Verne Troyer. Have you guys watched any of the new Surreal Life with Mini Me on there? I feel so bad for the guy. It makes you appreciate being "normal".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Verne Troyer. Have you guys watched any of the new Surreal Life with Mini Me on there? I feel so bad for the guy. It makes you appreciate being "normal".

Though I think Vern and others alike might say their normal, I think normalsy not only relates to a consensous of popular agreement, but how one feel's he/she fits into a society of agreed people.

I do feel however, if Robert, 5'7", stood on Vern's shoulder's, there would be an energy conservation, by turning the light switch off!! icon_biggrin.gif

• 6 months later...

I actually saw on the Discovery Channel that in Japan they actually have a surgery for shortness. They do something with cutting the bones in the leg and then fusing them back together. You have to walk around with a big screws and hardware sticking out of your legs for about 6 weeks. It looked pretty brutal.

Yeah, I have seen that too, guitarplayer. One would have to reeeeeeaaally want to gain some height to endure that kind of suffering.

Certainly not my cup of tea. icon_smile.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 year later...

That would suck badly.

Offhand, I'm tempted to say, "Man, you'd have to be pretty damn insecure about your height to want to go through that just to add another inch or two!" . . . but then again, think about US HERE. This whole forum is full of guys willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to have strips of their scalps cut off & stuck into the front, all just to regain a few centimeters of thin hair coverage.

I guess it all depends on what you have to begin with and what your life situation is.

------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You know I think there is no end to improving. Hair, height, nose job, where does it end??

If we continue everyone will be like Michael Jackson

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...

What's interesting to me is that it can be the people with the smallest problems who are really messed up over it.

Michael Jackson wasn't exactly ugly to begin with. And even then, he had gotten his nose to the perfect caucasian-shaped appearance he was seeking by the early '80s. But no-o-o . . . he just kept cutting.

What's most ironic is that 20 years later it's becoming more and more embraced in the entertainment industry when people like him keep their ethnic-looking noses for a bit of uniqueness/character. (Or at least have them less drastically whittled than in the past.)

The rest of Jacko's (original) face looked well-structured. The ethnic nose didn't really hurt his appearance back in the day, and his face probably would have aged great if he had just gone easy on it.

------------------------------------------------

• 2 months later...

I'm around 5'-7" or a little under and I LOVE IT. I LOVE shortness! I am so CUTE! lol

Actually, I'm small all around, except in the one area where it really counts *a-hem* but sometimes I'm on the subway or the bus and I look over at the LEGS next to me or whatever, and I'm like, WOW - I am so tiny! *blush* Yikes.

But I like being me. I like the fact that I fit ANYwhere!

• 4 years later...

Huh... I don't think Humatrope results in much height gain for adults though; it's just for kids whose growth plates on the bones have not close yet (i.e.-they're still in the "growth phase"). Body builders use the stuff a lot apparently, it burns uber fat and increases muscle definition and improves muscle shape... HGH Humatrope 60 For Sale | Steroids Online Bible, Buy Cheap Genuine Steroids Online From Us

Look at this: Medical Procedure : Increase My Height : Ilizarov : Achondroplasia : Height Increase Othopaedics : Limb Lengthening Surgery : IlizarovHeightIncrease.com

Amazing! No chopping the bone involved, just gradual stretching. Of course you'd better have some serious cash saved up or be born with a monster trust fund, and have 6-8 months to spare...

• 7 months later...

...carla are you being facetious? About the whole "psychotic world" thing? I don't think becoming a few inches taller, or even using several cosmetic procedures to upgrade yourself, would cause someone to become psychotic... Maybe a little self-image confusion and necessary adjustment time, but psychotic would be an extreme rarity unless someone were already prone to such a mental break.

• 2 years later...