Belgravia's "Special Minoxidil Formulation" For Receding Hairlines

I was reading this topic on Belgravia's Website:

In the 2nd last paragraph, it talks about this special minoxidil cream which claims to be "the best" for regrowing the hairline's vellus hairs. Has anyone tried this and had any luck, or has anyone heard of this before?

I've been under the impression that minoxidil generally doesn't work for the hairline, and finasteride would be the best bet.

Here are the Clear claims about the cream - outside link removed by moderator

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed outside links

I used their 12.5% minoxidil with azelaic acid for about 2 or 3 years. The first year I did see very good regrowth in the mid crown area and a little bit in the frontal area. Generally minoxidil is more successful towards the crown rather than the hairline. After a year or so the regrowth peaked and in year 2 I felt it regressed a bit.

The only problem with Belgravia is that their prices are absolutely extortionate. From memory, for 12 months supply of this formula you'll be paying upwards of ?600!

You can certainly buy propecia and minoxidil cheaper at a variety of other places, but as yet there do not seem to be any places where you can order this specific formulation of 12.5% minoxidil cream with azelaic acid.

Newby,

Minoxidil is a "tried and true" hair loss medication. It's been proven quite effective for preventing and reversing progressive hair loss. However, the level of minoxidil approved by the FDA is the 5% found in solutions like Rogaine. While the key ingredient in the 12.5% solution is valid, I'm not certain whether or not the extra concentration of minoxidil is useful or should be tried above the tested 5% products.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 months later...

I've had some pretty good success with this treatment from Belgravia.

They are legit but ridiculously overpriced. Once my current batch of propecia and "12.5% minoxidil with azelaic cream" runs out, I'll be getting 5% foam and finasteride at a more suitable price.

250 every 3 months I'm currently paying. Extortionate.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

21yearsandscared sorry for not replying sooner, only just seen this. I can't comment on whether the formula is safe or not as I'm not a medical professional. I cant recall ever having any problems with it myself though. Regarding shedding, i guess it's a possibility initially, but I've always been on 5% minoxidil before moving onto 12.5% so I can't recall suffering any sheds. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

im very new to all this including these forums and using any sort of products on my hair. However i have one question...am i the only one to have paid ?391 for 3 months at belgravia??! thats for Minoxidil 12.5% + Azelaic Acid 5% cream and Propecia 1mg tablets

i know some of these threads are quite old but surely the prices havnt risen this much!!! :( or perhaps i should have haggled ? - didnt really feel comfortable to haggle as the place seemed extremely professional with customer service at a high standard (i can defo give them that!).

Im 21 and have never used any products on my hair to help with this hair loss. However only yesterday - 4th June 2013, i decided to give belgravia a VISIT... ended up paying 391 for 3 months!!

this is what they quoted me:

Full treatment course price - ?1566.00

Amount Paid - ?391.50

Can someone please advise if theyve had any quotes similar to the above and whether there are any FDA approved alternatives?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Shay

You're getting mugged off. I was paying 250 every 3 months,....I read other posts where people's charge were different too. They seem to make up the cost.

I have paid 50 pounds for a 6 month supply of minoxidil (which will actually last 8 or 9 months, it's lasting longer which is great) and about 200 pounds for a THIRTEEN month supply of finasteride.

Forget Belgravia and research for the better options...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 1 month later...

Im now on a different course (after i discovered the potential side effects of propecia)..

- I take Minoxidil 10% + Azelaic Acid 5% cream which i use before bed.

- And also Minoxidil 5% + MPG liquid which i use in the morning.

- I also got 2 Belgravia Shampoo's to use as and when required.

I pay ?194 for three months. Thats ?64 per month which in my opinion is a good price, especially considering belgravias high reputation.

What do you guys think?

Shay