New study shows dramatic increase of hair adding LOW DOSE of Avodart to Finasteride

alix

After reading the PDF, I can't help but wonder what kind of research is based off one trial. Has anybody tried this and have seen significant changes from their previous finasteride only regimen?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. A lot of guys said they tried this be we aren't hearing much about results.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey spanker.

I Would Like to give it A try and i have just received my duta.

However the ones i bought is called duprost, and i have my doubt that it is the real deal.

I have taken some pictures, Can you or anyone Else confirm that the stuff is real ?

If the pills are legit i Will take them every 3rd Day. And offcourse take pictures and post the results or the lack of result maybe. :)

image.jpg.43cb7894d5cf2525068bbfb876d30a3f.jpg

Spanker,

If you check my pre-op pics out with dr feller in my blog u will see I was thinning right back to the top of the crown, but the work I had done was just the front 3rd, I had been on propecia a year by then, I switched to dut just after my ht .

It definitely thickened that area up.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Spanker,

If you check my pre-op pics out with dr feller in my blog u will see I was thinning right back to the top of the crown, but the work I had done was just the front 3rd, I had been on propecia a year by then, I switched to dut just after my ht .

Where do u get it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Where do u get it?

Spanker, got it online from the uk. I'm not sure if they ship to the states.

Pharmacy direct uk.

I wouldn't switch back, definitely believe it made a difference switching.

I started this thread and was very optimistic about this study and decided to give it a try.

I tried it for 6 months and didn't see any difference at all.NOTHING

I bought the original Avodart and it was 100% legit and real.

the only thing I noticed was noticeable INCREASE of libido and feeling slightly ligtheaded on Mondays (I took Avodart on Mondays).

after 6 months I decided to stop it,again no difference in terms of hair.

but I think the effects can vary on individuals and it's worth a try.

Spanker,

Do you use the Avodart daily or once weekly with Finasteride the rest if the week?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Spanker,

While the preops are wet and with flash, there looks like quite a difference there. Thats great. Wish I could get it for a decent price!!!

View Spanker's Website

Can't decide,

I take 1mg propecia daily. And adovart 0.5mg twice weekly.

Great!! I just started the same regimen except I take 1.25 mf of Finatseride. However, on the advice of Dr. Rahal, on the two days that I take Avodart, I do not take the Finasteride.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I work in Pharmaceuticals and thought I would post this which just came out. It will not be until late 2015 until a generic of Dutasteride is available:

GlaxoSmithKline’s US dutasteride patent 5,565,467 has withstood

paragraph IV challenges brought by Actavis, Banner, Impax, Mylan

and Roxane. Delaware District Judge Richard Andrews rejected the

generics firms’ arguments that the ‘467 patent – which expires on 20

November 2015 – was invalid due to anticipation by prior art, lack of

written description and enablement, and lack of utility. The ‘467 patent

protects the originator’s Avodart (dutasteride) and Jalyn.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Is everyone seeing a lot of improvement with this regimen??

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Basically, it will cost about 500 bucks a year to get on duatsteride if insurance us not helping out, taking it 2 times a week. It may be worth that, Have to have a conversation with my doctor about it.

The only problem is, when I start a treatment, I am afraid to get off of it, so I am stuck to another pill for life.

View Spanker's Website

For me personally I had to take the chance and try. I was a diffuse thinner going in the norward 5 mould.

I wanted to try and retain what I had left for as long as I could.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys,

I told my Dermatologist about adding 0.5 mg Dutasterid weekly additionally to 1 mg Finasterid daily.

She asked me to send her the article and any research so she can make decision.

Can anyone tell me which data I should send her?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been able to download the paper through my university. If you want me to send it to you PM me. The pictures look very good (although it is a case study with only one participant).

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

• 2 years later...