Dr. Steven Gabel - 2349 Grafts FUSS - Female Patient

I just had a hair transplant performed on June 20, 2012 by Dr.Gabel in Portland! It's been a dream come true for me, and a great experience so far overall.

It took a few visits to Dr. Gabel for me to decide on a plan for where I wanted the hairline. He was accommodating the whole way. When I finally decided to proceed they were able to get me in within a reasonable amount of time. The day of surgery I felt so comfortable, I joked with his assistants I felt like I was at a spa.

He provided me with a post-op booklet that was so detailed and helpful in being able to guide my care of the hair- to ensure proper healing. This was great because I was never left wondering if all the work he had just done would be interrupted.

I am currently 10 days post op and feel great. The sutures came out yesterday and virtually all the scabs from the grafted area are gone. I have lost a few hair, which is normal starting the first week, but other than that it looks like i have a clean buzz cut. Hair now where 3 weeks ago there was not.

As a woman this is a great deal to me and I am so amazed at the whole process.

Dr. Gabel does amazing work! He is one of the best hair transplant surgeons in the country. I don't know how private you are, but this forum loves pre op, post op, and monthly results! Best of luck to you!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Dr Gabel is a very good surgeon and I like the work he presents.

Congratulations with your surgery and nice to see another female on the forum.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

ItsAllAboutTheT,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Gabel. His work speaks for itself. I'm looking forward to seeing your pre and post op pics.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Interesting, I don't recall ever seeing this type of pattern on a female before. Regardless, I'm sure you will look much better once this matures and grows out, thanks for sharing.

Congrats on a great, clean looking transplant by a reputable doc!

Quick question. Did you happen to have traction alopecia?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 5 years later...

This is an old thread, but it would be a joy to see the final result. It's rewarding and uncommon on this forum to see the completed restoration of female patients.

I'm confident that Dr. Gabel delivered a satisfying result, we male patients of his have nothing but positive reviews.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016