Looking into Dr. Rahal, but didn't see a SINGLE negative review...is this possible?

flow

So I was considering a hair transplant and decided that my best choice would be Dr. Rahal, since I heard he was both affordable and really good.

Here is one problem I'm having, I'm looking at all these reviews/pictures and they're fantastic, but there is no way 100% of patients were happy. My question is, has anyone heard or know of a bad experience with Dr. Rahal? Are there any regrowth pictures that don't look as good as the ones posted?

I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there, I know nobody is perfect, but I just want to look at the good & the bad and make a decision.

Like any other medical procedure, hair transplantation is far from a perfect art, and negative reviews and less than satisfied patients are simple realities of practicing hair restoration. While conducting hair transplant research, physician/clinics with "perfect records" and "100% patient satisfaction" should raise some "red flags" and lead to deeper evaluation.

However, having reviewed Dr. Rahal's work and patients for a number of years, I can honestly say his lack of negative reviews should not raise any "red flags." Frankly, I'm not certain why a single negative view (based on your research) does not exist. I'm certain there are Rahal patients out there that are not 100% satisfied, but I can say that difficulty in finding negative evaluations does not surprise me. Dr. Rahal is a fantastic surgeon, and I feel very confident recommending him and stating that a lack of negative reviews or complaints does not surprise me at all.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future HT Doc has it right. There are always some negative or less than optimal cases. There were even a few H&W patients on this site that crop up from time to time...(whatever happened to AmanIndia's case and very long thread (16 pages)? It seems to have disappeared.) If you google many of the HT docs and add "not happy" or whatever, some threads are out there for people like Feller, that guy in Atlanta, etc.etc.

I know many HT docs believe Dr. Rahal's technical work is very good. The one knock I hear is that is cosidered agressive. In considering my own next HT moves, I recently met with one of the very well known docs from MN, and in discussion he noted that they have some of Dr. Rahal's ex-patients who are having problems with donor supply and a too densly packed hairline. On the other hand, some posters don't like that clinic's conservative approach.

Future HT Doc has it right. There are always some negative or less than optimal cases. There were even a few H&W patients on this site that crop up from time to time...(whatever happened to AmanIndia's case and very long thread (16 pages)? It seems to have disappeared.) If you google many of the HT docs and add "not happy" or whatever, some threads are out there for people like Feller, that guy in Atlanta, etc.etc.

I know many HT docs believe Dr. Rahal's technical work is very good. The one knock I hear is that is cosidered agressive. In considering my own next HT moves, I recently met with one of the very well known docs from MN, and in discussion he noted that they have some of Dr. Rahal's ex-patients who are having problems with donor supply and a too densly packed hairline. On the other hand, some posters don't like that clinic's conservative approach.

Sorry, what do you mean by too aggressive or conservative approach? Kind of scares me :confused:

Too aggressive means placing too low of hairline of wasting too many grafts very dense packing just 2 or 3 cm of a hair line.

The difference in Dr Rahal is that he is able to do that and usually gets very high yield. Whether someone thinks he is too aggressive or not, his technique is impeccable.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Coming across a Rahal patient who's unsatisfied is quite rare. There was a forum member by the name of Mp96 who was not happy with the work done on him by Rahal. He was quite pissed actually. But then I saw his pics and his hairline looked amazing so I honestly think he was a little off his rocker. There is a reason why you don't see any (or many) discontented Rahal patients online.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think he is at the top of his game too.

There are patients for every doctor that is not thrilled or did not achieve the desired result though. Understand that it is possible to have a poor outcome from any doc before going under the knife. It is odds game. Choose a great doctor like Dr. R and your chances of a great result greatly improve.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

He's the best IMO. Had my procedure with him on June 4th, 4,091 FUT.

Can you PM me the cost? And how long did it take you from the day you scheduled your first meeting to the day your surgery was?

Dr Rahal like a number of clinics is at the top of their game and will strive to perform excellent work and maintain excellent reputation.

Generally speaking though NO doctor has 100% satisfied patients as it is simply not possible.

All clinics will have unhappy patients but the very best clinics will have a small proportion of these with the large majority of their work being consistently of a good to high standard.

Just because negative reviews aren't online doesn't mean they don't exist and like any business, most will try and resolve any differences with the patient as understandably it is not good for their reputation. A lot of clinics will do all they can to keep the unsatisfied patients offline in order to keep only the positive . I personally have spoken to a few patients from different clinics since I have used forums who like to remain anonymous.

The internet has become a great tool in finding valuable sources of information for any perspective patient and some clinics have gone to extreme measures to keep unsatisfied patients offline in order to keep only the positive- Dr Armani springs to mind.

It can also depend on how many patients from the clinics post their results online as some clinics post significantly more than others which potentially can leave them more vulnerable to this.

But moving away from that, Dr Rahal is an excellent surgeon and one of the very best there is globally so you should have no worries.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have seen a pretty bad result on other forum where the guy got infection. He claims that he did it with dr. Rahal, but im not sure if his claims are right.

But anyways, in my opinion dr. Rahal is one of the best FUT doctors in the world, along with Hasson&wong and few others.

I have seen a pretty bad result on other forum where the guy got infection. He claims that he did it with dr. Rahal, but im not sure if his claims are right.

But anyways, in my opinion dr. Rahal is one of the best FUT doctors in the world, along with Hasson&wong and few others.

I saw that one too. I think his screen name was Marco or something. Said he'd just had a large FUT with Dr. Rahal (6,000 grafts?) and seemed happy, posted pics of a nice scar a few days post op, then posted pics he said were a couple of weeks post-op showing a large ugly patch of blackened scalp that other forum members said looked like necrosis (dead tissue) -- then the guy just disappeared and never posted again. Quite odd.

Anyway, my personal view is that the large number of positive reviews by this doctor's patients and absence of negative ones is a green flag rather than a red one.

Coming across a Rahal patient who's unsatisfied is quite rare. There was a forum member by the name of Mp96 who was not happy with the work done on him by Rahal. He was quite pissed actually. But then I saw his pics and his hairline looked amazing so I honestly think he was a little off his rocker. There is a reason why you don't see any (or many) discontented Rahal patients online.

Aaron 1234, to say that i am off my rocker judging from a online picture is comical when u have no idea about ANY details about my case...Some members who spend their life reading these boards while giving opinions with no idea what they are even talking about is expected, so i do understand.:)

I agree that there are no doctors who have 100% patient satisfaction. You have to consult with several top doctors and find one you are comfortable with. That includes their approach. Some doctors are more aggressive than others. I personally prefer a more conservative (not ultra conservative) approach since hair loss is progressive and even the best surgeons cannot predict how much more hair you will lose in the future.....at best it is an educated guess.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Aaron 1234, to say that i am off my rocker judging from a online picture is comical when u have no idea about ANY details about my case...Some members who spend their life reading these boards while giving opinions with no idea what they are even talking about is expected, so i do understand.:)

Mp96! Welcome back buddy - I knew that would get you back to the boards. :D

Care to fill in my gaps of knowledge about your case? I'm sure Flow would appreciate it as well. All I have to go on is this:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/145280-kkkkkkkk.html

Sorry about the "off your rocker" comment - I was just trying to say I thought your hair looked awesome from what I could tell and couldn't see the problem you did.

Hope your well. ;)

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

MP96, just wondering if you could post up a picture of your hair post-op as I have never seen it. Some people were amazed with how good it looked and I'm just curious as to what it was that you didn't like about it?

Negative review is about unmet expectation or outright totally failed procedure. I'm pretty sure Dr Rahal has at least the first one.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html

The link above is about Hariri's procedure with Dr Rahal. Although you won't call it negative, he is not totally happy at the present moment (at 11 months). Otherwise all the other reviews are very positive.

I have not read about Mp96's case.

Listen i only jumped on this thread because i was called "off my rocker."

I'm not going into any further details and my final post on this topic.

Fair enough. Sorry dude - nothing but the best for you. :cool:

Negative review is about unmet expectation or outright totally failed procedure. I'm pretty sure Dr Rahal has at least the first one.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html

The link above is about Hariri's procedure with Dr Rahal. Although you won't call it negative, he is not totally happy at the present moment (at 11 months). Otherwise all the other reviews are very positive.

I have not read about Mp96's case.

Headbanger,

The definition of "negative review" can mean many things and not just the two small examples you provided,,, Just want to make sure there is no confusion,,,

That was my final post.

• 1 year later...

I have nothing bad to say about him or the clinic, they do amazing work.

Be aware they apparently do require a signed letter from your doctor specifically stating you are going to have a hair transplant procedure. I asked if we could change this to just a physical by my local doctor. I thought it was a little invading on one's privacy.

There were some conflicting reply emails from both the sales rep and the clinic nurse team on this.

In the end they wanted me to visit a local clinic to have it signed after I would have been traveling more than 24 hours. I just didn't want the hassle and embarressment then asked for a refund. However I ended up losing the $1000 deposit. So be aware! In fairness to them they did say I could use if for a future procedure...

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)