Should shock-loss occur all over the head?

I had my HT done to fill in my receding temples and lower my hairline slightly. I know Shockloss is normal after 12 days and its now day 16 and I seem to be losing a hell of allot when I brush my hair. Anyway I understand shockloss should happen around the receptive and donor areas but it seems to be happening all over my head.

Now is this normal? Every-time I seem to accept it I brush my hair and get paranoid again, its a tough time for sure :(! Also when should it bloody slow down? Should I start using Rogaine foam? I have never used it before but heard it can make hair grow back stronger and quicker?

Thanks so much for reading!:eek: :confused:

Although it is true that shockloss tends to happen to the native hair near the incisions, it is really the overall trauma to the entire scalp that can induce shockloss elsewhere.

You are probably experiencing more sympathetic shockloss which can be an indication that trauma is throughout the scalp. It will subside as time goes by.

IMHO, minoxidil or any other topicals such as scalp invigorators and cleansers like Nioxin should be avoided until your epidermis has completely healed.

But always go by your doctor's advice and post-op instructions.

Most shocked hair grows back unless the hair was so diffused that it was already on its way out. The shocked hair rests and begins to grow back just like the transplanted grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Most shock loss occurs in the recipient area and in the immediate donor area incision.

The donor area will grow back. If it doesn't look like the donor area is growing back, chances are you have a stretched scar. The recipient area may or may not depending on how strong the native hairs were. Finasteride or Dutasteride really helps to protect those hairs after a transplant.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 9 months later...