2800 FUE by Dr Eser Ayadogdu in Istanbul

Thanks Campbell, i am really blown away by the change already and i'm only 4 months in.

The hairs are already taking on the natural characteristics of the native hairs around them and the new hair cut has blended them in nicely.

I saw my relatives over the weekend who i hadn't seen for 2 months and they were absolutely gobsmacked by the difference. The biggest reaction i get is when i show them my current hair against this pre-op picture...

pre-HT consultation pic:

BIG difference to those in the post above taken last week :eek:

I'm a very happy man right now, i no longer have to style my hair to cover receding bits, put my head down in strong winds or keep my hair dry in the swimming pool. My confidence is vastly improved :D

5b32d4b732f8c_preop.jpg.9b99cd762f08d1217c50a9befae2417c.jpg

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Mickey85, the price difference is staggering, but you have to remember that labour costs are higher in most other parts of the world, as are the hospitals, and Turkey allows large tax breaks for private health care as it's one of their forefront industries. As a result, they are able to offer amazing procedures whilst being more price competitive than others in the industry around the world.

This is great news for patients as we get advanced practices for a fraction of the cost as it means a HT is more achievable for those who are struggling to get the funds :D

Istanbul is a really nice place to visit too, i had a great time there!

Rob

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I know Mickey85, the price difference is staggering, but you have to remember that labour costs are higher in most other parts of the world, as are the hospitals, and Turkey allows large tax breaks for private health care as it's one of their forefront industries. As a result, they are able to offer amazing procedures whilst being more price competitive than others in the industry around the world.

This is great news for patients as we get advanced practices for a fraction of the cost as it means a HT is more achievable for those who are struggling to get the funds :D

Istanbul is a really nice place to visit too, i had a great time there!

Rob

Some good points actually. North America and Europe are generally more expensive to live in and their wages are higher. I still think the price of FUE in general could drop as even $8 per graft is quite a lot, but I'm just a consumer who doesn't know the overheads or costs associated with owning and running a practice.

I've heard amazing things about Istanbul, certainly would be great to visit especially in the warmer months!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

How are things looking now ? You must over the moon with the results thus far.

Are things still coming in and thickening.? You look like you are in for one heck of a result at the 12 month mark.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the results are still coming through. I am a few weeks off the 5 month mark so will put some more pictures up then for you all to see.

I would say at least 85% have now come through the scalp and all the hairs are growing nicely. Obviously they are at different lengths due to coming through at different times, but over the next 3 months they'll all grow out nicely.

They are starting to take on the characteristics of the native hairs too and the only bits that i think are slower at thickening (very slightly) are the 2 points at the top of the old receding area. That said, there are stubbly ones there ready to grow out, so it's just a matter of time.

I am over the moon with the results. Even if i got no more thickening or growth i would be more than happy at this stage. The work is fantastic, the yield seems to be 100% and it looks very natural.

I spend most of my time now having to convince people i've actually had a transplant!!

So glad i went ahead with the FUE procedure and chose the company i used to help me through it all, it's been fantastic throughout the whole process.

Kind regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Rob,

Congratulations. You did your research and have come out with a great result. Your hair looks awesome. You must be thrilled. Good job on your website and documentation, and you deserve your great new hairline. Pleased for you!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I am considering getting a hair transplant with Dr Eser, at the moment I been taliking with Cevre which is also in Istanbul. I have seen your blog thingy on the hair restoration forum and was impressed.

Was wondering if you know about cevre Clinic, At Cevre they have told me I need 3000 hair graft transplant which will cost 2100 Euros. Isn’t this too cheap? I

Do you no other well known doctors at Istanbul that have good reputation? Or should I just go to Dr Eser.

Kind Regards

Becko Khalil

Also Commented the same thing on your website blog,

Hi Becko,

At those prices you won't be getting much of the surgeons time and most, if not all will be done by trainees/technicians.

Don't forget to add your flight costs, transfer costs, medications cost and any hidden consultation fees. At that price, it's definitely not the 'end price'.

Personally, I would use Dr.Eser it if not, Dr. Keser. Eser won't be as cheap as the place you have been quoted and Keser is apparently 3- 6 EUR per graft depending who you speak to.

Never heard of the place you mention though, so be careful.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi All,

Here are my 5 month pics i did at the weekend, apologies for posting them a few days late, i have had a hectic few days.

Nothing much to report other than there are still a few new ones coming through but it's slowed down now.

The hair is starting to take on the characteristics of the surrounding native hairs and as they continue to grow at different times, the overall density is thickening up nicely.

I have taken a few pics both with and without the flash to try and capture the results in different lights. The only styling product i have on is some shaper (which i think is a bit greasy for my type of hair so will be reverting back to a clay putty type styling product).

Hope you enjoy the progress pics...

IMG_2324.jpg.52f9f985b7b592ff4d42b3d028b3f3d6.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg.4823cc3a2dbf54628f780962e40c5879.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg.2c98b875ed92fc73c231bc9c3f698fa0.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg.2bc4159611fe789cb466604e45f37c00.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg.c7a386f253cb81df1fb993f3f35863de.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg.5eb8ef1af48710619941d8b7658643b1.jpg

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Yield looks great man. Hit the ball out of the park! That's FUT realm yield right there.

Edited by Mickey85

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

I'll see if i can get hold of a better camera, but i've tried to use the same one throughout the progress to try and keep it as consistent and accurate as possible.

There are only 2 areas now that i think will fill a bit more (in the upper most receding bit) as there are new short ones there. The rest will just soften up now as it all grows out.

Thanks again and any questions, please feel free to ask and i'll answer what i can.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi Rob,

Awesome result so far. To say I am envious is an understatement. I am due for approx. 2,000 grafts with Dr. Bisanga in Feb-13 so its just a matter of waiting.

I just have a couple of quick questions for you:

I see that you take no meds. I took finasteride for 12 months but stopped a couple of months back due to libido issues (i still use minoxidil and nizoral shampoo). Are you pretty much resigned to the fact that you will prob need a second HT in a few years due to the lack of meds or how do you see it?

How long do you think it took for your HT to be unnoticeable under normal conditions? I have looked at your photos but they can be misleading. I have scheduled 2 weeks off work and I will prob be shaving my head for the procedure.

Thanks for any response. Again your hair looks awesome.

Stu.

Hi Stu

Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, i've never taken meds and don't intend to start.

With my case, i just waited until my hair loss stabilized before i had a HT, to ensure that i wasn't all of a sudden going to get another big loss. I'm 35 now and my hair loss has really slowed, even more so now i use alpecin shampoo, i don't seem to see many, if any shed when i'm in the shower.

With regard to it being undetectable, well, i would say after 2 weeks you could get away with saying you just had a very short haircut as i did, but the redness is still there when looking close up.

It depends on how your hair is styled, if yous is being left longer on the top (which can go some way to covering the transplanted grafts) and your skin/hair colourings can have an affect on the notice-ability of the donor site.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hey Man

Can you tell me the name of the clinic you had your operation, and how much did you spend on your transplant excluding flight fares, accomodation and stuff like that. Getting a hair transplant at January 3rd but still trying to find a good clinic.

Thank you

Wow that looks like a stunning result mate! Looking froward to seeing some clearer pictures but otherwise wow! Congratulations and you just have more thickening to come!!!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Hi Iceberg

Sent you a PM as you are not allowed to post company web links on the open forum.

Luckeyb1687 - Thanks for the note. I'm really chuffed with it. There will be some thickening up, but i have been a fortunate early grower, so i don't think it will be a major difference over the next few months, i'd have to thin my hair out if it did!

Kind regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Rob. Happy for you. Even if nothing else grew as of now its a terrific result ! You have done a really good job documentating and responding also.

I must say i never thought of Turkey before i seen your case . However i have seen some stellar results coming there the last few months.

Food for thought for a lot of propective patients another viable top class clinic now i think. Congrats.

Thanks Bobilero, I am very pleased with the results so far and hope that me documenting the full process can help others.

I'm only just coming up to 6 months and the difference is staggering! I'll be putting my 6 month pictures up in the next week.

All in all I am ahead of schedule and the hairs are starting to mature a bit now and be less wiry and curly. Still a long way to go though, but I'm now applying body lotion to the recipient site and hairs to speed the softening process up.

Keep you all posted on updates....

Cheers

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi there, would it be possible to send me Dr. Eser's contact details as I am hoping to have a transplant done in February next year.

I have looked at a number of Turkish clinics however finding reviews seems to be difficult for a lot of them. I had a consultation here in the UK last week for an FUE transplant and they recommended 1750 grafts to achieve maximum density.

I will be travelling from Bristol, UK so would prefer Turkey to India (my second choice) especially as your results are so impressive.

Regards,

Mat :)

S2 this is a brilliant result, i live in Turkey,Istanbul but heard Eser Aydoğdu's name only few times,Looking at the work, and result by all sides it is totally professional, after this topic i will add him to my list of fame surely , and for you dude i hope the best of the best for the coming months!

P.S: Do you know if Dr.Aydogdu is also performing FUT?