Feller Medical - Be Extremley Careful Paying Over Deposit

Bob yes I am but that's just how I've always been I'd take it on the chin and move on with life, I do feel sorry for you though because all these bankers that caused this recession need stringing up by their necks they have caused all sorts of misery to virtually all of us. Maybe feller could of been a gent and refunded you out of compassion but business is business unfortunately and I've got to admit I wouldn't give you it back.

Im not gonna say anymore on the issue it is just my honest single opinion and you don't need anyone harping on at you so I suppose if the majority agree or disagree then you have a rough idea of if it was wrong or right but I wish you the best and hope things work out for you.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob yes I am but that's just how I've always been I'd take it on the chin and move on with life, I do feel sorry for you though because all these bankers that caused this recession need stringing up by their necks they have caused all sorts of misery to virtually all of us. Maybe feller could of been a gent and refunded you out of compassion but business is business unfortunately and I've got to admit I wouldn't give you it back.

Im not gonna say anymore on the issue it is just my honest single opinion and you don't need anyone harping on at you so I suppose if the majority agree or disagree then you have a rough idea of if it was wrong or right but I wish you the best and hope things work out for you.

Fair enough. Thanks for your best wishes. I definitely dont think my sharing this or pointing out to people to take heed was pointless though. I think it can only help other guys out there new to the scene to be more aware and consider all aspects like this before rushing in putting deposits down. Particulary when clinics are not openly disclosing it to them.

And particularly with an issue as emotive as hair loss.

As Gandolph said thats what make these forums such an informative tool.

Over and Out.

Edited by Bobilero

Fair enough. Thanks for your best wishes. I definitely dont think my sharing this or pointing out to people to take heed was pointless though. I think it can only help other guys out there new to the scene to be more aware and consider all aspects like this before rushing in putting deposits down. Particulary when clinics are not openly disclosing it to them.

As Gandolph said thats what make these forums such an informative tool.

I'd say that the benefit of this discussion goes beyond just the deposit issue but how a clinic handles their problems in general. I found the posts by Dr. Feller to be somewhat rude and condescending and wonder if this might be indicative of how a more serious problem (like a bad result from a procedure) might be handled. And again I view the comment about the clinic "losing money" over the unrefunded deposit to be outright dishonest which admittedly is just my own opinion but I'm glad I had a chance to read and see the response of the clinic to be able to form my own opinion so i disagree with Bonkenstonker about the discussion being pointless.

I don't really think the dude is entitled to getting his money back (although I'd probably throw him a bone to make him "go away") but I agree this thread has probably been a learning experience for patients as well as clinics. I bet there are clinics reading this thread without making a comment but are double-checking their procedures on down payments and may make adjustments to the way they handle such matters as far as being extremely clear on what their down payment policy is. Wiggle room needs to be squeezed even tighter where no one can possibly claim "I didn't know".

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Bob thanks for posting this completely pointless warning!

I agree with Bob that his warning is not pointless. It's a shame what's happened here for both clinic and Bob. There was lack of communication on both parties where each party had the wrong assumption.

We happen to refund deposits if we're given two weeks notice and we tell each patient this at the time of the deposit. We can generally fill a date within that time span so not all deposits are non-refundable.

exactly . i also found the response from feller medical to be quite patronizing . as stated earlier im in business and regularly take deposits from clients, however i tell them exactly my terms and conditions orally as well as in document form .

lets be honest not everyone reads what they should and i feel we owe a duty of care to these people to be open and upfront about terms and conditions. on the rare occasion a job has to be cancelled i do my up most to return deposit.

I feel its only right i chipped in. I am supposed to ve my much awaited 2nd surgery in a week's time but i had some family issues at hand and i cannot leave.. It happened at the last minute and Janna was so kind as to move my deposit to another date though the clinic cannot find a replacement as i informed them too late.

On that front, kudos to Shapiro Medical and Janna :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Janna was so kind as to move my deposit to another date though the clinic cannot find a replacement as i informed them too late. On that front, kudos to Shapiro Medical and Janna :)

Janna is a rockstar in this industry!

Very informative and educational.

another point . i think it was spex who said earlier that it says very clearly that on feller medicals website that deposits are not refundable.

what if the client did not touch base through the website and saw or hear radio/tv advertisement etc. the client may never have come into view of the clinics website. a business cannot rely on the fact that it says no refunds on website when the client may never view website.

Bonkerstonker I do like the way you talk, blunt and straight to the point :)

I wonder how many clinics not just in hair restoration but any in form of cosmetic surgery would return a deposit after 4 years.

This is a good topic as now people will be sure to know they need to be 100% ready for Dr Feller prior to placing a deposit or in actual fact any other surgeon.

Not just financially but mentally as surgery is permanant.

It is a lesson to all potential patients and the clinic's themselves as undoubtedly clinic's reading this will want to avoid situations like this.

Who knows, in the future he might even change his policy to cater all eventualities, even like this one.

The patient wanted to rebook for surgery again recently and use the 4 year old deposit based on the emails posted, then again pulled out, so maybe this can be factored into any agreements signed.

My personal experience, Spex directed me to Dr Feller's website for price structure as that's the only place costs can be seen and viewed.

I have looked at every single website of every recommended surgeon listed on the HTN and other forums.

Anyone in their right mind wants to know how much surgery is going to cost them and I find it hard to believe that any potential patient in the modern world we live in, would not look through a clinic's webpage.

I am sure if someone can afford a hair transplant, then I am pretty confident they can afford broadband.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

chrisdav; being able to afford broadband is not the issue , some people simply do not use the internet my parents are a very good example of this however they could afford too if wanted. are you saying that the only way to get a price for hair transplant is from website ???? i dont think so !!!!!! i had a consultation with doctor who gave me quotation after reviewing my hair loss, not once did he tell me i would need x number of grafts and then tell me id have to look at his website to see how much that would cost!!

I will agree that this thread is not pointless.

1. It educates patients and clinics to clarify deposit policy

2. Allows patients to choose a clinic based on their policy if someone is completely split down the middle between 2 clinics (Could be good for a pro-con list someone is making).

3. Allows prospective patients to see the conflict management style of the clinic OP went to.

There were many aspects to this story that are gray and fuzzy. I was not there so it is basically a he said/she said kind of thing. Personally, were I Dr. Feller, or Feller Medical, $1,500 is not enough money to cause hard feelings, were the date actually cancelled months ahead of time. If OP really did cancel months ahead of time, I find it hard to believe that anyone on this forum believes that the clinic lost money on the OP. I don't like seeing threads like this, because I always hope that the clinic and the patient are able to work things out before it gets to the court of public opinion, but they do put ideas out about specific clinics and policies that are valuable.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Did the patient ask when they payed the deposit if it was refundable?

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Did the patient ask when they payed the deposit if it was refundable?

I think the moral of the story is that if $1,500 is a meaningful amount of money to you then you should always ask what the terms are you are signing up to. I know I would.

I'm not sure Bob will get any joy out of the small claims court if this was paid to a clinic outside of the European Union.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

In hindsight Dr. Feller besides the website explanation should also include in patient paperwork/e-mails a section explaining their refund policy, but does a patient have any responsibility themselves to ask questions when they are sending in hundreds of dollars for a deposit? I know I would inquire before sending someone hundreds of dollars.

I will agree that this thread is not pointless.

I don't like seeing threads like this

I have to commend Managing Publisher Bill for allowing this discussion to continue. I would assume Dr. Feller is one of the "super star clinics" and it may be tempting to find a way to squash a thread like this. I was kind of anticipating seeing it deleted. I think this thread dispels any notion that this is not a free and open forum for patients to discuss all aspects good and bad about hair restoration.

1978 mat. ; hindsight is a wonderful thing and im sure boblero will investigate further before handing over money again .

however when dealing with something as emotive as hair loss we sometimes rush into things without thinking and make hasty decisions. (we have seen it a thousand times on this forum) therefore the clinics out there have a duty of care to be open and clear about what patients are signing up too .

I like the fact it has not been locked and I would not want it deleted.

It would never be deleted and only would get locked if it turned ridiculous with personal attacks.

I doubt Dr Feller would even want it locking either as there as many people for as against the arguement.

It's a good educational topic for all clinics going forward to learn from,even Janna felt it appropriate to ensure everyone of SMG's policy.

Some may look at it as a poke in the eye, but I don't personally believe that.

Dr Feller could have easily paid the patient hush money or a back hander to go away and avoid all this hassle for 1500 dollars.

I'm sure some clinics would have in the past and actually still do as they will not want to be in the spotlight and have any negative exposure, damaging a pure or near 100% positive perceived reputation.

Clearly Dr Feller would have known that this topic could potentially escalate into this outcome and I am guessing that he knew it was coming as by all accounts, he was threatened with it via email.

Maybe he even wanted it posted :)

It shows he has nothing to hide whatsoever unlike some clinics, who will go to all extremes to keep feedback off forums.

no clinic needs bad press and its great that feller medical is in the position it is in terms of being one of the leading clinics worldwide.

however not all clinics are in same boat , some are just starting off and any negative press could be devastating to there success so i dont see if they were to return the deposit as it being "hush money ". they perhaps think that for the long term success of their business it is the best option to do as well as pwehaps being ethical especially if a substitute patient can be found

Research,Research, T&C's and COMMUNICATE! That's what this thread is, so its far from being a pointless one. My Dr was crystal clear about a deposit all he required was my flight details!. If this thread teaches us anything it teaches us all to open our big mouth's and talk to each other and get FACTS out in the open before any of us commit to handing any cash over. I hope all clinics review all their t&c's and make it clear as day regarding refundable/non refundable deposits in the future. We as patients have to research research, the least all clinics can do is be up front and clear regarding those very boring but essential t&c's, not just on their website's but face to face as well.

I agree with the number of comments posted on this issue. This is not a pointless thread but one that illustrates how important communication is. I recently had a HT surgery with Dr Rahal whose team was very straightforward and forthcoming.

Reading the back and forth between the two parties is unfortunate. Like many others, I don't believe that a top clinic like Fellers lost any money as I can assure you there are many people that wouldn't mind changing their schedule or filling a cancellation. In fact, Dr Fellers response really surprised me.. it was fairly negative and not very customer focused.

Hopefully both the clinic & Bob can get this sorted out but it sounds like this won't happen unless some small claims court has been involved.

As much as we post I feel the conclusion is done. Bob wants his deposit back, Dr. Feller and Spex explain why they arent going to give it to him.

It has been stated that both Dr. Feller and Spex will not only not be posting on this thread anymore but wont be reading it either. Agree or disagree any business within the law is allowed to have whatever policy they want concerning deposits.

Its not ever about the money when it comes to Dr. Feller. He has shown his generousity many times in the past. I believe he doesnt respond to demands and whenever he is challenged or questioned and believes he is right, he will stand his ground. Its not about a popularity contest to him it has never been. He is passionate and believes in what he stands up for.

This is my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson