My experience with Dr. Meshkin

KLD2246

First off, I have done work with Dr. Sword and Dr. Garbard in San Diego however I will say that my experience with Dr. Meshkin was one that was fantastic. Let me first say that all the previous doctors gave me perscriptions "after" the surgery making it very painful waiting at a pharmacy after the fact. I received all my meds prior and even began to take anti swelling and other medication a few days prior. I went through my evaluation and we decided that 2000 to 2500 would work well to fill out the crown and forward area of the head. I was given some medication for relaxing. One was Zanax, I think it was a half. I took it, went through the cut with a little pain as he fixed up some of the other scaring from previous cuts. In previous times, I sat in a very uncomfortable chair, given a list of movies and they begin to implant. I was surprised when the lady asked me what I wanted to listen to, Mariah Carey or Santana!!! She said she wanted me to relax so Santana was the choice. I got the shots into the scalp and it seemed as if the Zanax put me in a trance that took me through the entire ordeal without pain. I started at 8 and we worked straight through until 12:30 and I was pretty much done. All the other times I have gone, I ate lunch and watched 2 or 3 movies. Not this time, I was in and out.

The other great thing is Dr. Meshkin does not use staples. That experience from my past was so painful and the one part I dreaded but not this time. I had this done on Thursday, today is Saturday and no swelling at all in my face or forehead. I am not a spokeman for this Dr but I have gone three other times and each time was a painful and swelling experience. This time it was an experience that I really appreciate. The Dr. called two times to check on me and he really cares so in my mind, he has been the best so far. I hope to post some pictures of my situation as soon as I learn how to get them and post them. Dr. Meshkin. Dr. Meshkins staff was also very professional. Oh, my total was 2000. Thank you to this site for putting me in contact with this Doctor.

Archery Fan,

I'm sorry to hear you're less than satisfied with your results at this point. I do agree that you should wait at least a full year prior to evaluating the result. Some slower growers do have to wait even longer.

I'm glad you've at least been in touch with Dr. Meshkin about your conerns.

I'd like to reserve this thread for KLD2246. However, if you want to share your experience with pictures, feel free to start a new thread. If you post monthly updates, we can then see how you progress in the next couple of months.

Hang in there,

Bill

Archery Fan,

While all patients are welcome to share their genuine experiences and opinions, to keep this forum balanced and fair, physicians are also invited to share their input on any patient experience. In order to do this however, patients must sometimes identify themselves privately to the Publishers of this community and/or their doctor so their doctor can adequately respond. A patient's identity will be kept private however, it may be given to the physician. Patients who refuse to allow their physician the ability to respond to their concerns may have their post(s) removed. See Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians.

To be fair to Dr. Meshkin, please provide me with your full name and date of surgery privately and give him the necessary permission he needs to properly respond to your concerns.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations on your surgery OP! I have always been particularly fond of Dr. Meshkin's work, and thank you for sharing your experience. Like Bill said, start up a transplant blog!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Since Archery Fan has chosen not to respond to my public and private inquiry to provide his information to Dr. Meshkin so he could properly respond to his concerns, his post has been removed. In the event that he chooses to provide the information I've asked for, he will be welcome to re-post his concerns. For more on our policies and how we handle patient complaints, visit Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment for Patients and Physicians.

All the Best,

Bill