I am thinking about making a documentary about going bald.

I really enjoyed the video. Very candid. Couple things. I would really do more research on finasteride. You have a classic hair loss pattern that would benefit from using it. Second, be really careful about the doctor you choose. There are a lot of ht docs in FL but some of the best in the world are not there also. Travel for the right doc for you should not be a major factor. I have several years of research, and there are a few good docs there, but to be honest, there is not a doc in FL that is on my personal top 5 list. I look forward to your next entry.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Bobby, I commend you for making these videos. Great stuff.

Just a few comments about your consultation.

The problem a lot of people have on this board is that laser treatment is not a proven method for reversing hairloss which is why you won't find many supporters of it.

I'm a bit surprised this 'Dr' said you should have a transplant on your crown. I would expect any eithical HT surgeon or representative to discuss non-surgical options such as Minoxidil and Finasteride. Your hair loss pattern looks like it could really benefit from these treatments.

The fact that this guy has been in business for over 10 years doesnt necessarily mean he is any good. There are plenty of people who have taken HTs without doing proper research or are embarrassed with the mistakes they have made. Whether we like it or not there is still something of a stigma in the industry. Unfortunately there are too many unethical practices who are just looking to make a fast buck out of people who haven't done their research.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Sorry about the camera shaking so much. I like to capture the emotion right away on video. I feel, I you have time to process the conversation, then your telling people about what you took away from the conversation, but if you record it right away, you tell people what the conversation was, and let them take away what they ill from it. In my future conversations with this Dr. I will tell him that I am filming an independant documentary. About the laser assisited thing, he did give me a written guarantee that the transplant will take. To tell you the truth, I think the laser bit is just to make them sound like they are doing something different from their competition. Dr. Markou owns his own separate practice where is does not utuilise lasers at all, he only uses them when he works out of John's clinic. Thank You.

Bobby love the videos. Keep it up, they are interesting. Personally I would only have a hair transplant from a doctor that has his/her entire practice dedicated to hair transplant surgery. Most of the top hair transplant doctors don't do anything else. Just because someone "has been doing hair transplants for 12 years" really doesn't necessarily mean much. For example if they have been doing hair transplants for 12 years but only do 1-4 procedures a month compared to the top doctors doing several a week the skill level is just not going to be the same. Also a doctor that is 100% dedicated to hair transplants is going to usually have a deeper, more skilled staff of experienced technicians. Skilled, fulltime, experienced technicians are vitally important in the over-all success of the surgery. A doctor doing hair transplants part-time as just one of many services he offers would not be on my list. A small nearly empty office would also scare me. This is something you will spend some serious change on, and will have to live with the rest of your life....save discount coupons for something else and go with one of the world class hair transplant surgeons.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Bobby, I commend you for your efforts, research, and videos. Definitely keep doing multiple consults. Ask each doctor to show you their results throughout the year. Look for ones that have an extensive portfolio of patient results. Even see if any patients are willing to meet with you.

Regarding Lasers, it's pretty iffy. Some people may claim it works to a minimal degree but there are doctors that feel it is a waste of money. I agree with some others, the type of hairloss you have may really benefit from Rogaine use/Finasteride use.

I was close to giving lasers a shot a while back, but I didn't see any WOW me type results from them. If people said they did something for them, I didn't really see it in the photos but if the users thought it was doing something then maybe it was to a very very minimal degree. Could it have been a placebo effect? If they were so effective, they will have the same market as Rogaine and Propecia does. Those are actually proven treatments. Doctors would also make money off lasers too. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, you may want to check this out in more detail too as it may help:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/153003-video-video-will-come-shock-lllt-industry-produced-dr-feller-great-neck-ny.html

Take a look at the video explanation in the thread above.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/150351-list-doctors-who-consider-lllt-quackary-5.html

Good Luck with everything.

i am thinking about just using Rogaine and Propecia. how are the side effects for long term use? i am 35 now and like to have hair for 20? more years. Can i really take a pill for next 20 years.

i am thinking about just using Rogaine and Propecia. how are the side effects for long term use? i am 35 now and like to have hair for 20? more years. Can i really take a pill for next 20 years.

Now you are talking. I don't see a problem with you getting a little crown work done. It 35 you still have a decent head of hair. However, I woul suggest about a year of rogaine and propecia first, just to see how much hair you gain in the process.

Can you take a pill for the next 20 years? Why not? Keep in mind that there something different could be out in ten. It could be a pill or something else. We just dot know yet. Also, while the videos are nice and interesting, there are a few hundred years of combine research and knowledge in this forum from regular users. I would strongly suggest that you keep an open mind to what they have to say. Also, of you decide to go the ht route, it would be a big mistake IMO to go with a doc that you have not seen for yourself first hand some of his results.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Some people report sexual side effects from propecia. For some it is temporary, but a very very small minority say it is permanent and that is a reason why MERCK changed their product label about it recently. I haven't really noticed such sides on myself yet and have been on it for about a year. I started when I was 28-29. My blood tests and everything are normal, including testosterone levels. So, I don't really know. I think it's best you get a blood panel test done to check your levels before you decide on taking Propecia. Then have another test done in 3 month intervals to keep up and see if it is altering any levels just to be on the safe side and to have some added assurance. If you see something drastic, then stop it. Definitely talk to a doctor about it in detail as well as read user reviews. I actually take Proscar (a 5mg finasteride pill) cut into 4 segments with an estimated 1.25mg per dose daily. Some stores like walmart have generics available at cheaper costs vs branded ones.

ROGAINE also does clearly work but you have to use it daily. You can't really quit as is the rule with other medications. Once you stop, you lose the hairs you have gained with medication. When you start using these products, you may have a minor shed initially as they put your hairs into a resting phase in order to give you stronger thicker nourished hairs. So, some people quit too early to see the actual effect, and in 85% of men it works. My crown was really deteriorating and if you look at it now, it has returned for the most part just with medications. For the frontal zones, I don't think these medications can really add a lot of significant growth, but for the zones that you have a concern with, I think these things can do the trick. It takes up to a year to see the effects. Most people start both finasteride and rogaine together from the start, because they each may induce their own shed when you start them individually at different time periods. Good Luck with everything.

This is a great thing you are doing. BTW, until you showed the pictures near the end of the first video, I couldn't tell where you were losing hair at. Your hairline looks good from the camera angle.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

This is a great thing you are doing. BTW, until you showed the pictures near the end of the first video, I couldn't tell where you were losing hair at. Your hairline looks good from the camera angle.

yeah I myself did not know that my hair was getting so bad in the back because like you said from the front it looks fine. the next video I will do be about the more emotional side of the process like why would a guy who doesn't take a pill go through surgery.

Check out a UK TV presenter called Declan Donnelly. He has most definately been taking Propecia with great results

Britain's Got Talent host Declan Donnelly's hair makes a comeback - The Daily Record

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

i am thinking about just using Rogaine and Propecia. Can i really take a pill for next 20 years.

Bobby you will have to make the decision, but sure you can take a pill for the next twenty years. Whats the big deal to doing that? Most of the top hair transplant doctors advise taking the medication. We do things everyday that in some way delivers something we want. So why the reluctance when it comes to propecia which enables us to hold on to our precious hair follicles. People with acid reflux, high blood pressure, and many other afflictions take medications every day for the rest of their lives. Millions take baby aspirin, mult-vitamins, or fish oil every day. We all must weigh out the pros/cons/costs/rewards of taking medication or doing anything to improve whatever condition we have. Some people may ask "can I really exercise everyday for the next twenty years" to stay healthy and looking younger. Most balding guys never pursue a hair transplant because of the hassle. There are side effects (hassles) and costs to almost everything we do including exercise. At this time propecia is one of the most important tools in our toolbox to fight hairloss. The "big 3 tools" are propecia, minoxidil, and hair transplants. For many guys, using all 3 of the tools can mean the difference in success or failure in the battle with hairloss.

Edited by Shampoo

where is the best place to buy propecia, is one pharmacy cheaper than the other?

Bobby you are aware you have to have a prescription for propecia in the United States? Some people save lots of money by their doctor prescribing proscar which is the exact same thing as Propecia but is used to treat swollen prostates. Proscar comes in a higher dosage, but is much cheaper that Propecia. Proscar is cheaper because it used to treat an actual medical ailment whereas propecia is for cosmetic reasons. For Proscar you just buy a pill cutter at any pharmacy and cut the 5mg Proscar in 4-5 pieces. I did that for years. More recently I got lazy and got a raise so I just buy Propecia now. Most doctors will prescribe either one. Some others can chime in on the most economical sources.

Proscar = have to cut with pill cutter - but save money

Propecia = pill form taken in dosage you get from pharmacy.

Both are same ingredient.

One other thing Bobby. You will probably notice some minor side effects, but don't freak out. I experienced some of the well known side effects but I kept taking the proscar and all the side effects subsided. Many start taking proscar/propecia and at the first sign of side effects they bail. As with most things in life it may take a short peroiod for your body to get used to the medication. I suggest giving your body at least a month to adjust, because it's worth it when you consider how important Proscar/Propecia/finasteride is to the battle with hairloss.

Edited by Shampoo

I clicked on it and it says "This Video Is Private" and would not play.

Ok thanks the video is working now.

Bobby before or after you meet Dr. Markou be sure and watch as many of the short videos as you can at the link shown below. Besides comparing doctors, these videos are quite educational. Each one of these elite hair transplant surgeons has a unique perspective to share. And remember don't limit yourself to just a local doctor. A one time cost for a hotel room for 3 days and a flight is well worth a world class result you will live with the rest of your life.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

Edited by Shampoo

Bobby great work with the documentary again. I enjoy following your progress. But do not put down a deposit, do not sign, or have any procedure until you are certain if this is the one. At least research another few months since you mentioned you are just learning everything. Get multiple opinions by multiple doctors that have been doing transplants for a number of years. It's important you also take time to evaluate the donor scar results with Dr. Markou's laser treatment and meet multiple patients if possible. The area must be closed properly to minimize the FUT scar. You haven't had any transplant yet but this is very important you look through donor scars as your scalp is untouched. If you are deciding to get this done really soon, then you should at least take 2-3 months to do scalp exercises. Scalp exercises improve laxity, help you yield more grafts, can possibly help you heal better as the area wont be too tight during stitching. You may want to search the forums about it and read threads like these: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162293-scalp-exercise-pre-op-anyone-do-them.html

Don't jump to it. I can understand what you are going through because I went through it myself. We all have. Trust me, I could have made a big mistake with Bosley clinics, HairClub for men, other random doctors, if I hadn't researched. I had to get multiple opinions and consults. This forum prevented me from making any quick decision. At least see how medications work for you for at least 6 months. 1 Year is the ideal time to evaluate but if you can't wait, then give 6 months a shot to see if they do something for you before you go under the knife. You still have a great hair foundation up front. You want to make sure the doctor is also good at working in between native hairs.

There are multiple threads you can search on this forum on the steps to take when selecting and getting started with this journey. Do spend as much as time you can and read all those as it may help a lot.

You can do whatever you want, but frankly if you don't have a master plan and jump into making sudden decisions, then I'm afraid you're more than likely going to be disappointed