At 6 months and very concerned

People need to understand each stage of hairloss hurts the same, most of us on here have lost huge amounts of hair so we would want the hair he had pre op and we wouldn't of had a ht if we was him because we've already come to terms with the fact its likely we'll never get hair like his now but it is still causing him annoyance and frustration because it's the front of his head so that's what he sees every day also he probably couldn't style his hair the way he always has so I completely understand why people have these surgeries because they know they can have perfect hair back.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line is it's a done deal. Can't go back. So, we should all just offer support and advice and not say things like, "he really didn't need a HT." That kind of talk is better reserved for virgin scalps seeking advice.

Beside, need is a very subjective thing. He has to stare at his own head everyday of his life. It also appears that he and Dr. Shapiro attempted a relatively conservative approach. IMO that was appropriate for his case. If the yield had been better, I'm sure he wouldn't be contemplating HT #2.

I think SMG have proven they're top-notch. Every clinic, no matter how great they are, has less than perfect results. FUE yield is also more unpredictable. What's most important is they stand by their work and do their best for their patients, and it appears that's what they are doing.

Good luck, beaverbuzz.

Hi Beaverbuzz/Bonkerstonker/zenmunk,

You guys are absolutely right. It all just depends how the individual feels about their own hair loss no matter what stage and for what reason.

I misspoke and I apologize.

Beaverbuzz I wish you some good results when all is said and done.

Magnum

MAGNUMpi,

Can't speak for beaverbuzz, but no need to apologize, imo. If beaverbuzz came on the forum as a virgin scalp seeking advice, then your question about risking surgery would have been a valid one for his consideration. It's just a moot point now, since he already took the plunge.

z

Don't worry about it. No offence taken. I would take a comment like that anyday, especially over the you need counselling comment I had earlier on in the the thread. Or the perfectionist comment, etc.....

Good luck with your hairloss treatment MagnumPI.

Thank you for the well wishes Zenmunk

We're all here to learn from each other it's all good.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beaverbuzz

I have replied to your emails, but couldn't add pictures to them for some reason.

I've had a quick 'draw' of how i think the temple points should be. Obviously this is just my opinion and others may think differently, so don't take it as gospel and please discuss this with Dr.Shapiro.

The lines are not perfect as i am no whizz on drawing programs on the PC, but you get to see the more relaxed points, with greater distance between your brow and temple points.

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

the pointiness can be softened with tweezing or permanently with lasers

but the density (if the softening doesn't make it better) then a few fue would do the trick for the temple points or roundness

just confirming what you probably already know though

best

Beaverbuzz, I hope you see improvements soon. In the last couple photos you posted of your temples, I do see sparse distribution of hair, and it does look very unnatural. But, you know what, from the photos you posted earlier on in which you had your hair longer, I think your hairline actually looked great! Maybe you should grow your hair out? Because the shorter cut actually makes the unnatural-looking area very noticeable, to be honest.

And I'd also like to add that we all need to realize that beaverbuzz's HT is not about "us." I saw one guy who said earlier in the thread "If you think you needed a HT, I need to go jump off a building." Don't, dude. ;) As a couple others have said, need is subjective.

Hi James,

Unfortunately its long now and it still doesn't look good (see the pic I posted on page 5 with hair pulled back). But you are correct about the temple points looking better when the hair is longer as the grafts lie flat against the head, and so can cover more scalp when they are longer. I wish I could just shave my head but unfortunately its not a good look for me as I can't grow facial hair and I am fair skin.

The shape of the hairline and the temple points are all messed up due to the yield. I still believe I have not grown any hair since the shed at 1 week post surgery, so basically you got a bunch of random grafts everywhere in the recipient area. For instance, I think it looks like my recession is very bad because the outer most grafts along the temple points did not survive. So the pointy-ness looks very bad because there is no smooth transition up to the hairline, it just jumps out out of nowhere when looking at the front view, if that makes any sense.

Beaverbuzz (interesting nick :) ), in my opinion, this design is extremely poor. Looking at your pre-surgery photos (both buzzed and grown out), you only needed some temple work. The "temple points" should have been left alone. As another poster mentioned, it has elongated your face making your recession look worse. Although it does look like you have a lack of growth, I don't think that is the main issue here.

I would recommend getting a second opinion from another physician. Take your pick on this forum...

Just my 2 cents. I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Beaverbuzz

How are things going with this? Have you discussed the temple point correction with the surgeon? or arranged to have them lasered back to the correct points?

Don't prolong your pain, but if you are waiting for the full results before doing anything about it, simply razor the additional parts off as per my previous post.

Chin up

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Beaver, I know you've heard this before, but here it is once again: It takes at least 1 year to see the results of a HT. A lot can happen with hair in 3 months, and it can sometimes take up to 18 months to see the results. So that would give you another 9 months time to get the full impact. I am actually at about 9 months post too, and also had my TPs and temples done. I am just now starting to feel new growth pop through. If these were my final results I would not be satisfied either. Be patient! You chose a top doctor, so have some faith in his abilities.

As far as the temple point design, they are a bit aggressive but I think with your hair grown out it looks just fine. In fact, the first set of pics you showed us depicted a very nice head of hair and TPs. I would go back to that length/style and feel confident without a hat.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Beaver, IMO, you're gonna be just fine. I think the reason people might get on your case is that they are likely in a much worse position than you. Judging by your pics you seem like a good looking guy. And I bet no one on the street is looking at your hair rolling their eyes. You kind of have to put things in perspective at times like this. Trust me, it will keep you from sinking into depression. That being said, I fully understand feeling self-conscious about hair. Good growing to you and please keep us updated.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Beaverbuzz, I can definitely understand why you are disappointed with the result at 10 months. Hopefully the shed is the cause of your dissatisfaction and things turn around. Please let us know how things turn out for you.

Beaverbuzz, I can definitely understand why you are disappointed with the result at 10 months. Hopefully the shed is the cause of your dissatisfaction and things turn around. Please let us know how things turn out for you.

It depends on the punch size. What punch size did they use there Beaverbuzz? Seems a bit large.

Even under close inspection, i have no visible 'white dots' and neither does the other patient who was there at the same time as me (who has his hair buzzed)

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

How visible the scarring is does depend on punch size. Also, patient healing; hair length; and, other factors such as sun exposure are also a concern. However, FUE patients would do well to expect scarring similar to beaverbuzz regardless of punch size. They may not get it (like s2thoudriver), but they should be prepared for it. It is surgery after all. There will be scarring. The only question is how visible will it be? If you go in confident that scarring will not be detectable, you may be very disappointed.

True yes.

Just make sure you consider/ ask about the punch size. Anything more than 0.9mm and you should expect some punch scarring on certain types of skin. Other than that, you should be re-assured/informed by the surgeon.

2800 FUE, Istanbul

How visible the scarring is does depend on punch size. Also, patient healing; hair length; and, other factors such as sun exposure are also a concern. However, FUE patients would do well to expect scarring similar to beaverbuzz regardless of punch size. They may not get it (like s2thoudriver), but they should be prepared for it. It is surgery after all. There will be scarring. The only question is how visible will it be? If you go in confident that scarring will not be detectable, you may be very disappointed.

You are right on the mark with above statement, Zenmunk. We inform our patients that they should be able to shave down to a #2 guard but likely to go to a #1 guard after FUE procedures. I've seen patients who had .7mm punches used and could see white dots when shaven to a zero guard. I wholeheartedly agree that patients who undergo an FUE procedure should expect some form of white dots if you shave down to zero guard

Beaverbuzz had .9mm punches used.

All FUE patients will have punch scarring even with .75mm punches used. Especially when shaved to a zero guard or razor. If you see footage of the actual extraction process, you can see the punch scar form quite visibly. Of course it matures and heals with time, but doesn't disappear. Would prefer punch scars over a strip scar anyday of the week though.