Mini review of total cover plus system "contact skin"

driller11

hi mikey

both charging about ?250.00 inc cut in . u can buy else wearlike northwest lace where u can get a sysyem from about ?110 and i no nick will do a cut in .i get around 4 to 5 months

Crikey that is far cheaper than I had imagined - so basically a year's worth is around 750 - u have made my day, I might not have to put up with this balding patch much longer :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Mate

Yeah I got mine done with Paul Anthony - Absolutely top bloke and my experience was excellent. Dead pleased with what he's done. I have a real dodgy copper in my hair which I never thought he'd match but the colour is spot on.

He also does the session after his salon closes which is brilliant.

Ian

Hiya Mate

Yeah I got mine done with Paul Anthony - Absolutely top bloke and my experience was excellent. Dead pleased with what he's done. I have a real dodgy copper in my hair which I never thought he'd match but the colour is spot on.

He also does the session after his salon closes which is brilliant.

Ian

Cool - thanks for your reply. How much does he charge?

No worries mate glad to help cos I was in the same situation a few weeks ago.

Paul Anthony was 250 for first session and he said he will do his best to get as much life out of the system as possible.

Wherever you go though, I would definatley recommend it. It still blows me away at how good it is and not a single person has spotted it in fact a couple of people have said oh your hair looks nice. It's totally natural.

any other questions mate give us a shout.

ya the 1st system is about ?149 plus 85,00 service but the 2nd goes up to about ?249 plus service ?85.00.

Hey Mark - have you ever come across a lady based in the Sale area called Lynda? she apparently is an affiliated stylist for Hair4All but also does other systems. Wondered whether you have heard anything about her

Hey Mark - have you ever come across a lady based in the Sale area called Lynda? she apparently is an affiliated stylist for Hair4All but also does other systems. Wondered whether you have heard anything about her

no i havent hear of her .i wouldnt bother with hair4all far to dear at ?300 to ?345 , and no better then the cheap internet companys.. are you in the manchester area mikey

no i havent hear of her .i wouldnt bother with hair4all far to dear at ?300 to ?345 , and no better then the cheap internet companys.. are you in the manchester area mikey

yes manchester

Hi guys, I have been using these systems now for 5 years but sadly I am fed up and want to get a HT. Whislt its early days for you, these units will eventually cause your scalp problems and they can often smell badly. Hopefully this wont happen to you guys but in the last 18 months I have experienced very dry/itchy scalp and occasional but bad smells.

I would advise regular changing, washing and resisting the urge to scratch your head, cause if you do - you might find the scratch could take off a bit of skin or glue or a scab and then it takes an eternity to heal as the skin cannot breathe properly - that is when the smell starts as bacteria forms. Also I think long term the constant maintenence of the units will quicken your hair loss as effectivlely the unit is stuck and pulled off taking precious hair with it.

As a regular gym user, I have to go in once a week and in the evening to take off in order to clean and air the scalp.

Anyway, just a word of warning and hopefully it wont happen to you guys.

Hi Mikeylad,

I am referring to them in general. When I first started using them I had a mesh or lace type base which was very think and a bit noticable. However it did allow the skin to breathe. Over the years as newer thiner systems came about with see-through skin I switched over and found after a while that these do not really allow breathing. If you think about it, you have bond on your scalp for starters (which must restrict breathing, regardless of what the experts say) and then a base stuck tightly on. This system ended up causing smelling and scalp itching. Especially when sweating.

Ive now got lace in the middle and skin on the outer edges. I also done use any glue and instead have a very light see through tape around the edges. Whilst this means i have to go to the salon every week or so (or attempt to stick at home when it starts to lift) it is finally allowing the skin to breathe again and recover.

Assuming you are using the lace/breathable unit then you should be fine.

I use IHS in London and its costing me a fortune so I'd be interested in how you get on as total care seems much more cheaper.

mikey is it just the crown area you need a system if o i i was at anthonys salon and there was a guy who had a system just for the crown area and i have to say anthony did a great job so i think its worth going seeing him as your first system is under ?250 then u if you like it you can go to the cheaper places

Hi Mikeylad,

I am referring to them in general. When I first started using them I had a mesh or lace type base which was very think and a bit noticable. However it did allow the skin to breathe. Over the years as newer thiner systems came about with see-through skin I switched over and found after a while that these do not really allow breathing. If you think about it, you have bond on your scalp for starters (which must restrict breathing, regardless of what the experts say) and then a base stuck tightly on. This system ended up causing smelling and scalp itching. Especially when sweating.

Ive now got lace in the middle and skin on the outer edges. I also done use any glue and instead have a very light see through tape around the edges. Whilst this means i have to go to the salon every week or so (or attempt to stick at home when it starts to lift) it is finally allowing the skin to breathe again and recover.

Assuming you are using the lace/breathable unit then you should be fine.

I use IHS in London and its costing me a fortune so I'd be interested in how you get on as total care seems much more cheaper.

bladylocks what are IHS charging for there systems

mikey is it just the crown area you need a system if o i i was at anthonys salon and there was a guy who had a system just for the crown area and i have to say anthony did a great job so i think its worth going seeing him as your first system is under ?250 then u if you like it you can go to the cheaper places

Thanks - yeah I have booked a consultation with Paul Anthony next week - had a chat with him on the phone and seems very positive that he can make a difference to my crown and as he's only a few minutes away from where I live so I'm gonna give him a try.

Thanks - yeah I have booked a consultation with Paul Anthony next week - had a chat with him on the phone and seems very positive that he can make a difference to my crown and as he's only a few minutes away from where I live so I'm gonna give him a try.

mikey let us no how you go on if u go ahead you could have the system within 2 weeks :)

• 2 weeks later...

mikeylad how did you go on with the consultation with paul anthony

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wearing Total Cover Plus for nearly a month now. I felt a bit self conscious in the first week as I hadn't worn hair before and I had a couple of situations where the base lifted at the edges and needed re-bonding. Once you get over the panic of the first time this happens and realise that the system isn't actually going to come off then it is easy enough to re-bond the edge. I am now totally comfortable with wearing the system and don't even notice it is there now I am used to it. I have no doubt that it definitely passes as my own hair and can do all the things i did before such as going to the gym . My system is a partial crown system which integrates into my own remaining hair so the front hairline is my own and the crown is the system - so far so good and couldnt be happier with the result

Just a update to this it lasted the 12 weeks and still look semi decent even with the front hairline how i had it. Im not going to gte a new one just yet as im training for a marathon in dec so will be running alot outside but after that i will be back to get a new one re done!

Hope it helps someone else

• 3 months later...

Hi there. im new here. And im giving serious consideration to either going to get a system from these guys or going to HIs hair clinic and having the pigmentation done. i was wondering if anyone has had a hair sytem done with total cover plus, if you would be willing to meet with me, just so i can see what it looks like up close and in person. i live in south east london, distance is not an option, and the drinks are on me..

Hi there. im new here. And im giving serious consideration to either going to get a system from these guys or going to HIs hair clinic and having the pigmentation done. i was wondering if anyone has had a hair sytem done with total cover plus, if you would be willing to meet with me, just so i can see what it looks like up close and in person. i live in south east london, distance is not an option, and the drinks are on me..

If you wait until the end of jan i will be getting mine redone and im sure you could tag along :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you wait until the end of jan i will be getting mine redone and im sure you could tag along :)..

Yeah, if i could tag along with you, that would be just brilliant.. It would really put my mind at ease and help me decide on what i want to do. Thanks so much for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Driller11, I'm in the exact same position as silence. I also live just outside London.

If its not too much trouble, I understand if you don't want me there. But would I be able to tag along as well? This is something I'm seriously considering, but given the price and commitment to the product I would have to make sure I'm 100% about it.

I have looked into transplants, medication after medication, his hair clinic and now this. If this could mean I would have a thick head of hair without being on the millions of meds I would deffo be interested.

To be honest having been told by hasson and Wong I wasn't a suitable candidate for transplant just yet (I'm 25 and my future loss couldn't be predicted) and the fact that I don't want to be on propecia forever, I was swaying toward shaving it all off and trying his hair clinic or trying this. After seeing the results for the young lad Steve on the website I was amazed - his hair looked brilliant imo.

Let me know if this would be ok Driller11?

• 1 month later...

hi guys sorry for the delayed reply been working away! im back now and im going to get my new system in a short while so if you still want to tag along feel free :)

just drop me a PM and ill let you know when im booked in