Mini review of total cover plus system "contact skin"

driller11

Hi guys - just had a system fitted.

Wanted to speak about my experience as it was this forum that got me to contact Paul Anthony.

Hair has been thinning for some time and i've been using nanogen fibres to cover the bald patches but of course as time goes on I found i'm using more fibres.

So spoke with Paul a few weeks ago, I live in wales so made the drive to see him.

Nice bloke to be fair felt comfortable with him, he explained that he is no longer with Total Plus and that he's using his own system.

Did the cover match and template there and then which though was great as there was no guarantee I was going to come back.

We spoke about what style I wanted and I said I wanted to how I had it already, I've always had it short and spiked up at the front due to it being thin.

I mentioned that i'm on holiday soon and he said that he would try and get the system in earlier.

A week later (yesterday) made the drive up, stayed over night to see Paul today.

So today I had it fitted.

Mixed feelings, the colour was blonde, and my hair is medium brown so that was a concern!

He said that it would darken with products on... Anyway sat me down and shaved off a line on my head where the system is going.

That was horrfic still a bit upset about it, seeing that strip of nothing...

Anyway he put on the system, throughout he was explaining the process about how to reapply, some time after, cutting, shaving, styling, etc, paul said that the colour was too light, so he added a colour to the system to make it more brown like my natural colour.

He did that free of charge too, I was very impressed with the way it looked, however it's just too thick, and when in the salon you get a bit carried away, but soon as I got to my car I just felt really disheartened

It's just too thick, my other half has said it looks great, really suits me, etc, although was surprised at the thickness as was under the impression that the first system would be, well more subtle.

Back in Wales and i don't know what to do, paid ?388, part of me wants to take it off but I have a bald strip on my head.

Im worried about explaining this to friends, work colleagues, don't get me wrong I don't thibk it's noticeable at all, to a stranger, but to people who know me and I work with it looks obvious.

Plus my head is already really itchy.

Anyway that's my experience on day 1.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hair treatment should be for yourself, and to make you feel better. It doesn't matter what other people think. Also, just be frank and open about it. There is much less stigma associated with hair treatments these days, and to be honest, who cares?

As far as worrying about a strip of hair being shaved. If you decide to take it off..Just shave your head. I used to always shave my head after a few years of long hair. Change is good, and a shaved head is temporary.

I think any drastic change will take a while to get used to. Its a big leap. Transplants take a while to see the gradual effects so its more of a growing experience.

You can always have the thickness reduced anyhow.

For the best advice you should post some pictures on here.

Any hair treatment should be for yourself, and to make you feel better. It doesn't matter what other people think. Also, just be frank and open about it. There is much less stigma associated with hair treatments these days, and to be honest, who cares?

As far as worrying about a strip of hair being shaved. If you decide to take it off..Just shave your head. I used to always shave my head after a few years of long hair. Change is good, and a shaved head is temporary.

I think any drastic change will take a while to get used to. Its a big leap. Transplants take a while to see the gradual effects so its more of a growing experience.

You can always have the thickness reduced anyhow.

For the best advice you should post some pictures on here.

I've never been a confident person, hate being in the spotlight, so anything that draws attention to me is no go, so the thought of someone mentioning it worries me.

1st 2 pics are hair, without the fibres on,

3rd pic - hairline with fibres on - just to get an idea of how i usually have my hair

4 & 5th pic - hair with system

5b32ddf6e5df9_photo4.jpg.8e901f467da546a7b69df69aa8e2cd92.jpg

photo.jpg.8537872d4d4a8d2b1eb3d81fbc549195.jpg

5b32ddf767436_photo2.jpg.2a95eb1bc56e2bac171dc6d166afa0a9.jpg

5b32ddf77cc80_photo3.jpg.6eae0c9fb785ef48d2ebd19de21fbb26.jpg

5b32ddf78e336_photo1.jpg.12101c79fe425c6dcfee446f50be610b.jpg

It is fairly hard to tell what the system looks like in real life as the only one in good lighting is super close. But in my opinion it looks good, mate. Doesn't look obvious or too think to me.

I say go with it and laugh it off if any of your mates/works joke about it. They will intend no harm I'm sure. I'm going bald, my friend is a little further along from me and I always call him baldy. People call me it.

Not that this relates directly to you, but some people on here struggle with their own insecurities regarding hairloss so much that they don't realize that people don't really care. Heaps of men are bald! I do know what it feels like, but still, you need to put things in perspective regarding what is truly important in life.

A friend of mine was in a signed rock group and got alopecia. Lost all of the hair on his body! He still carries on despite this.

Good luck, mate

• 5 weeks later...

Total Cover Plus offer a solution albeit for those unwilling to invest some time or of a less inquisitive nature. What they offer isnt anything magical and to be honest, the front hairline is poor. Its like a wall of hair from their videos.

I initially spoke with them before concluded I could get a more natural and longer lasting hair system for less elsewhere.

With TCP, you have to pay (or when I last checked) 280GBP per hair system and then around 120GBP for it to be cut in. You then need to change their system every 6 to 8 weeks. Over the year it adds up to thousands. In addition, they told me they will get me a custom made piece in 10-days, which is more like taking a stock piece and cutting it. My biggest concern was over dense. I had read that density is the biggest giveaway.

I never understood, how it can be kept on your hair for 8 weeks and to be honest, I dont think (for me) its hygienic. I go to the gym 5 times a week and it would soon lift and without knowing about the system and adhesion you would be lost.

Further, I felt I had no independence or understanding if each time I had to go to the salon to get it removed and replaced. I prefer to have my autonomy.

Dont get me wrong, TCP is a solution for some, but for me it isnt the best one.

I found a supplier in the UK and I pay 235 GBP per a system and get it cut in for 65 GBP (on his recommendation). I change my system very 6-months. During that time I remove, clean and reattach my system every 2-weeks.

I send a template and hair sample and get my hair system back in 4-weeks. There is also the option of European hair which I have just ordered.

Had my first one for 8-months and still have it as a back up and my current one for 6-months. Just ordered my third one.

Very happy with it and very happy with hair systems for restoring both my hair and confidence.

Edited by grincher

• 1 month later...

I've had my system on for just under a week now. But after the first day it was lifting at the front, with the tell tale "white" bond showing about an inch in. After a nightmare few days i finally re-bonded it. But as i'm a complete novice at this it keeps coming raising up! the white is now 50% of the system. I also go the gym and love swimming, but have been too scared to enter the pool since getting the system.

is it possible to remove and clean the system yourself?? as mine is really starting to itch really bad and i'm having to re bond it every day at the front. I'm supposed to be going in next week to get a completely new system fitted, but after the first nightmare 2 weeks i'm unsure if it will work this time.. i'm just so annoyed as apart from the itching and the drama with the bond, it looks amazing!! really disheartened that apparently so many others have got the system and its working great for them but its been a disaster so far for me!

so, my main question is can i completely remove/clean the system? and how do i do it? mainly as my closest salon is 3 hours away!

I've had my system on for just under a week now. But after the first day it was lifting at the front, with the tell tale "white" bond showing about an inch in. After a nightmare few days i finally re-bonded it. But as i'm a complete novice at this it keeps coming raising up! the white is now 50% of the system. I also go the gym and love swimming, but have been too scared to enter the pool since getting the system.

is it possible to remove and clean the system yourself?? as mine is really starting to itch really bad and i'm having to re bond it every day at the front. I'm supposed to be going in next week to get a completely new system fitted, but after the first nightmare 2 weeks i'm unsure if it will work this time.. i'm just so annoyed as apart from the itching and the drama with the bond, it looks amazing!! really disheartened that apparently so many others have got the system and its working great for them but its been a disaster so far for me!

so, my main question is can i completely remove/clean the system? and how do i do it? mainly as my closest salon is 3 hours away!

If you can hold on then I recommend that. This TCP are notoriously difficult to self manage given the bonding they use and the skin base.

If it gets too much, then try from C22 for the cleanup and try to remove as much of the glue as poss.

Ultimately, I would suggest a DIY hair system with a lace base and poly perimeter.

Im reasonably new to it to, but DIYing its as difficult as people think, its cheaper and more private.

• 9 months later...

Grincher

Would be grateful if you could advise where you could got a more natural and longer lasting hair system for less than TCP. I also agree with you about the front hair line.

Also would be grateful if you could share the place in Marble Arch where I believe you can get a regroom?

Grincher

Would be grateful if you could advise where you could got a more natural and longer lasting hair system for less than TCP. I also agree with you about the front hair line.

Also would be grateful if you could share the place in Marble Arch where I believe you can get a regroom?

Hi, I use the online supplier http://www.ukhairsystems.com

I usually purchase Swiss Lace, but they have other options.

I visited the central london salon for initial prep and attachment and that was set up by UK Hair Systems themselves. Otherwise I just go to a normal barber for regrooms and manage the rest at home.

Hi, I use the online supplier Top Quality & Affordable Hair Systems, Hairpieces, Toupees, Wigs, Hair Replacement Systems - Shipping UK and Worldwide.

I usually purchase Swiss Lace, but they have other options.

I visited the central london salon for initial prep and attachment and that was set up by UK Hair Systems themselves. Otherwise I just go to a normal barber for regrooms and manage the rest at home.

Hi Grincher

Just wondering if I understand this correctly: is the salon in London affiliated to UK Hair Systems? And if so, can I call them to make an appointment to get the template measured and the hairpiece ordered?

• 1 month later...

Hi Grincher,

I am trying to call the UKhair systems but nobody picks up. Can you please let me know how do you contact them? I can't private message you; new member here. don't get how all this work.

Also, I'd be really keen to see some of your hair pics done by them. Anyone here based in London and has done the hair system replacement? I'd want to see them in person i.e., how it looks after the system's on.. this would immensely boost my decision on buying them.

Best

R

• 10 months later...

I think I might also try contacting ukhairsystems.com as I have about had it with TCP... my fear is that all of these websites popping up are really only reselling things one can easily order off sites.

I even wonder if TCP themselves don't just do the same thing. I'm not sure if I believe the whole "European Hair" thing from ukhairsystems.com, frankly.

I wish I'd been told how much maintenance is really behind these Ultra Thin Skin @ 0.03mm systems...

Edited by Admin
Promotional link removed

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! So It looks like I'm in the same situation as many others, I went to look into total cover plus hair systems.

Went to Brighton to see if I would be able to get one, looked good but as many others have said I'm worried if I go ahead and it doesn't look the way I imagine I'm then forced to shave my whole head and be worse off than when I started.

The reason I'm posting is because I would like to meet some one that would let me look closely at those hair system.

I live near Gatwick airport - is there anyone on here that would be willing to meet with me? I'm happy to travel to you if you if your not hundreds of miles away.

Thank you! Would be nice to also chat with other guys that maybe feel pretty shitty about the whole hair loss situation.

Lee

Hi guys! So It looks like I'm in the same situation as many others, I went to look into total cover plus hair systems.

Went to Brighton to see if I would be able to get one, looked good but as many others have said I'm worried if I go ahead and it doesn't look the way I imagine I'm then forced to shave my whole head and be worse off than when I started.

The reason I'm posting is because I would like to meet some one that would let me look closely at those hair system.

I live near Gatwick airport - is there anyone on here that would be willing to meet with me? I'm happy to travel to you if you if your not hundreds of miles away.

Thank you! Would be nice to also chat with other guys that maybe feel pretty shitty about the whole hair loss situation.

Lee

Whats the length of your hair currently?

Hi Leeleem, I am a surgeon from India . I am curing my patients of their hair loss problems for more than 25 years. If you feel comfortable you can discuss your problem , I will try my level best help you to get rid of your problems. also during my visit to the UK, we will meet and cure you with the best solution. but before that, I need to know your exact problem and your case history . Please feel free to write.

Edited by Admin
Removed promotional link

Whats the length of your hair currently?

It's about a number 3 on the sides but growing out, the top; well it's just a mess, it's about an inch I guess but it's whispey and very fine.

I have a receding hair line and also a bald patch on top.

Why do you ask?

Sometimes they can attach without shaving the area right down so a 1 - 3 grade. Also I think there are clip on systems, which although not 100% perfect mean you dont have to immediate shave. Maybe someone else knows more about them.

I would assume you would need longer hair for the clip on and besides longer hair will help the cut in.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any experience of how these systems work with afro hair? I'm thinking about getting one but i'm concerned about how it can blend with afro hair, without making a clear 'dent' around where it is, since afro hair cant be swept over.

Does anyone have any experience of how these systems work with afro hair? I'm thinking about getting one but i'm concerned about how it can blend with afro hair, without making a clear 'dent' around where it is, since afro hair cant be swept over.

Maybe get it over sized and have the stylist cut it precisely at the fitting.

The supplier I use do afro style pieces but you need to ask them.

http://www.ukhairsystems.com

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Well, after many years of deliberating and using fibres/concealers, I am finally going to make the jump and go to visit a TCP salon this weekend. I will be going for a stock piece initially because I need something ASAP (for holiday) and will be ordering custom pieces afterwards. 

My weakness has always been that I want to visit a salon initially to see how this all works. Eventually the plan is to self-maintain, but still go to this salon for cut-ins and initial fittings when I buy new hairpieces. 

There isn't a hair systems salon near me (Windsor/Heathrow) so I am having to drive an hour away, but the stylist comes highly recommended so I'm happy with that. 

Will let you guys know how I get on. 

• 10 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, Deg said:

Hi all

Well, after many years of deliberating and using fibres/concealers, I am finally going to make the jump and go to visit a TCP salon this weekend. I will be going for a stock piece initially because I need something ASAP (for holiday) and will be ordering custom pieces afterwards. 

My weakness has always been that I want to visit a salon initially to see how this all works. Eventually the plan is to self-maintain, but still go to this salon for cut-ins and initial fittings when I buy new hairpieces. 

There isn't a hair systems salon near me (Windsor/Heathrow) so I am having to drive an hour away, but the stylist comes highly recommended so I'm happy with that. 

Will let you guys know how I get on. 

So how did you get on? 

I'm seriously considering the TCP system. Have been for a consult with Jaimie in Tunbridge Wells. I was blown away with the detail he went into and like a previous poster, I had no idea whatsoever that Jaimie was actually wearing the system himself! I was gobsmacked. I just couldn't tell at all. 

My hair was cut too short for the system and Jaimie recommended that I grow my hair out first so he could blend it in. So I'm going to book in for my first fit nxt week. I'll post pics. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, Stupotty65 said:

So how did you get on? 

I'm seriously considering the TCP system. Have been for a consult with Jaimie in Tunbridge Wells. I was blown away with the detail he went into and like a previous poster, I had no idea whatsoever that Jaimie was actually wearing the system himself! I was gobsmacked. I just couldn't tell at all. 

My hair was cut too short for the system and Jaimie recommended that I grow my hair out first so he could blend it in. So I'm going to book in for my first fit nxt week. I'll post pics. 

Have been wearing for a year now and mostly all good. I deliberately put myself through a sharp learning curve. This obviously meant I didn't have the best style or hairline for a while but I learned very quickly. 

I have had 2 systems in these 12 months. The hair looks great for 2 months and then slowly degrades, especially the shedding at the hairline. But with a little maintenance you can easily get 4 to 6 months life. 

Get a good shampoo and conditioner (both phosphate free), a leave in conditioner that u will use daily, a water spray bottle, Isopropyl alcohol (for cleanup but TBH I use rarely), a good hairbrush with balls at the end of the bristles, those small nail scissors (this will prove very useful to cut away excess skin base when the hair starts to shed... or even if u just want to change the shape of the hairline- I make mine more V shaped and uneven).

The salon will sell u a glue bottle for around £20 and that should last 4 to 6 months. You might need glue applicator sticks or sponges but I just use my fingers.

I only go to the salon for initial fitting and then I do all self maintenance at home every couple of weeks. A skin system is SO easy to maintain. 

One recommendation: TCP density is high so go for lower if you have thin side hair or are older. I have been wearing their 80% and asking them to thin it out...and it is still really thick so will go lower to 70%.

Let me know how u get on or if u want to see pics or have questions