Mini review of total cover plus system "contact skin"

driller11

Hi all,

I have used lace systems for a while and after some terrible service i decided to give the company total cover plus a go and try their product "contact skin"

Heres a short review of my thoughts on them so far

COMMUNICATION/INFORMATION

I emailed them first with some questions about the hair and the system itself, within 24hours i had a reply with all the infomation i asked for

Rating 5 out of 5

PRICE

i was paying ?650 for a lace system every 3 months before, this system is a special price off ?149 for your first one and then ?269 after. A service charge off ?89 is added for the head shaving, scalp cleaning, shampoo, bonding and cutting of the system

Price wise i think this is right in the middle, i have seen cheaper systems and there is many more that will cost alot more and depending on you circumstances this seems a good deal for what you get

RATING 4 out of 5

My nearest salon where the product was available was in london which for me was a 45min train/tube ride. The salon was called frankie chochrane and was your typical off street trendy london salon. Clean and welcoming its what you would expect but is quite open and other people having their haircuts will be seen coming in and out but when i went it was not busy and unless you are shy this should not be a issue to many people. The stylist was full off infomation and expalined everything fully and it took around 2.5 hours to shave my head, clean my scalp, apply the bond and attach and cut the system. The cut was superb and the eye for detail rally impressed me

Really needs to be in salons! a trip into london is fun but a pain when its raining! im sure eventually they will roll it out across more

4 out of 5

THE SYSTEM

The system itself is light and is cut down to size in salon. They match and order in the correct colour for you and mine was dead on what i needed to match my remaining hair. The bonding was easy and i have had no reaction to the soft bonding

The reason i wanted to try this system was for one thing...the front hairline! the sales patter is that it is totally natural looking and it pretty much is. The day after having the system on i had to add a tiny bit more bond under a small section at the front of the system as it was still white ( the bond is ment to go clear after 12 hours ) and pretty soon it went clear and the front hairline looked good! here is a picture taken just after i rebonded a small area that was a little loose

09052012AFTERpng.png

As you can see my hair is "up" mainly so i can show how it actually looks, i know for a fact i could not have a lace hair system in such a style and it looks as close to natural as i think i could get ( not i had not styled it in the picture just swept it to show the hairline, i usually have some wax in! )

Great base, good quality hair and so far seems great

RATING 4 OUT OF 5

THE VERDICT

Decent price, decent location, good system so overall its decent for what you want and pay for

RATING OVERALL 4 out of 5

What could be improved?

- Its a set price on the systems, if there was a option to pre buy a couple of systems at once for a small discount i would be tempted

- Needs to be in more locations as traveling into london is a mission and adds a couple of extra hours ontop of the 3 it takes to fit the system

- You cant buy these systems and have them bonded and cut in yourself to save money

- You will need to buy your own bond, scalp cleaner etc which can add some extra cost ( to be fair lace systems you would have to buy extras as well )

I have had the system for less than a week so i will update in 8 weeks or so on how well it has lasted, the advert said 6-7 weeks but the stylist said 12 is normal so i will update when i know!

Hope this helps anyone else who was looking for info on them and if you have a question just post or PM me and i will answer the best i can

Regards :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mate

I Just joined.. thanks for that great review. I'm considering it and this was really helpful.. photo looks great. How are you getting on with it now?

Does any hair growth under the system affect it's sticking?

Cheers pal

Ian

The pic is a little blurry at the hairline but overall it looks pretty good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Mate

I Just joined.. thanks for that great review. I'm considering it and this was really helpful.. photo looks great. How are you getting on with it now?

Does any hair growth under the system affect it's sticking?

Cheers pal

Ian

Hi ian.

Yes it does, my front hairline was receding but i still had alot of hair down the middle from the front so after about 2 weeks it does start to lift at the front ( which i think is made worse by the hair style i have as im pulling at the front to style it ) but its just like any other hair system that you can take off shave you head and re apply. The one thing would say is it can be a pain to find the correct bond so i would suggest if you did go for this system to buy a bottle direct from them as the others are a bit ht and miss

Other than that a month later the hair and the system are in great condition! i wash it once a week and re bond every 2 so its like the lace systems i used to have just looks better overall. If you have shorter hair tho let it grow! its taken a month for it to blend in totally with my real hair as i went in with short cropped hair :)

If you have any questions just let me know and i will do my best :)

The pic is a little blurry at the hairline but overall it looks pretty good.

Its a iphone 4S so i dont know how you see a blur :/ i got it as close as i could so everything could be seen

BTW i will be getting mine re done in 7-8 weeks with alot longer hair/style so i will make sure i post before, during and after pictures :)

Hi mate

That is a BIG help and very re assuring that it is as good as it seems to be.

Yeah mine's like yours receeding front but still quite a bit though very thin down the middle.

What IS most reassuring is you can re bond - I was imagining this nightmare scenario of being away and coming unstuck!

Look forward to your updates mate and when I get mine done in a few weeks I will post pics.

Have a good week mate

Hi mate

That is a BIG help and very re assuring that it is as good as it seems to be.

Yeah mine's like yours receeding front but still quite a bit though very thin down the middle.

What IS most reassuring is you can re bond - I was imagining this nightmare scenario of being away and coming unstuck!

Look forward to your updates mate and when I get mine done in a few weeks I will post pics.

Have a good week mate

Glad i could help :) and i look forward to seeing your pics

Well... took the first step! I called up the salon this morning and as it turned out the owner had a slot free this afternoon so drove an hour down the motorway for a consultation.

This stuff is mind blowing... thoroughly amazing! Got measured up and got a great colour match so the new system is on order!

Cannot wait to get it on in about a week's time!

Well... took the first step! I called up the salon this morning and as it turned out the owner had a slot free this afternoon so drove an hour down the motorway for a consultation.

This stuff is mind blowing... thoroughly amazing! Got measured up and got a great colour match so the new system is on order!

Cannot wait to get it on in about a week's time!

Sounds great! is it the same salon as me? look forward to the pictures :D

Hiya mate

Where did you go? I went to Paul Anthony in Manchester. Absolutley top bloke and really passionate about how amazing the system is.

The thing that really blew my mind was after an hour of talking to him at close range, he goes "I've actually got less hair than you!" I was like "no waay " - He uses it himself and I had no idea whatsoever.

How is yours doing after a few weeks now? How did your mates take it? did they notice?

Hiya mate

Where did you go? I went to Paul Anthony in Manchester. Absolutley top bloke and really passionate about how amazing the system is.

The thing that really blew my mind was after an hour of talking to him at close range, he goes "I've actually got less hair than you!" I was like "no waay " - He uses it himself and I had no idea whatsoever.

How is yours doing after a few weeks now? How did your mates take it? did they notice?

frankie chochrane in london i went too :) and yeh they noticed but its so good no one really thinks about it as it just looks natural.

And mines doing well! next time i wont have a time consuming hair style haha but apart from that im happy! got used to re bonding myself so its good :) looking forward to my next one as i will go for a lot longer hair style

Let us know how you go! :)

Hey there, I was wondering if you could tell me how your system is doing? I'm considering doing this but a little worried about the cost, so wanting to know how it feels at this stage and whether you think it will be fine for 12 weeks?

Many thanks

R

ive used total cover plus . the hair was very nice the base very thin but its never ripped and im rough they say u get 3 to 7 weeks well mines 10 weeks old but overall the system was fine but the the place i went to messed it up instead of matching my own hair to the system he picked a colour and try to match it well it was way out he then had to colour my own hair to match it to the system it never happened as my own hair is darker i lost faith in him , hes not been doing systems long and it shown , oh the density was far to much. but with the right colour cut density i would think they are very good

Hey there, I was wondering if you could tell me how your system is doing? I'm considering doing this but a little worried about the cost, so wanting to know how it feels at this stage and whether you think it will be fine for 12 weeks?

Many thanks

R

Hi, im only on week 7 but mines fine :) the style i had means it wears more at the front but i think it will last 10-12 weeks fine. Next time as i said before im going to have a longer less front based hair style and i think it will easily then last 12 weeks

Yours is looking good lee! look forward to the review :)

Have any of you been to Paul Anthony in Manchester for Total Cover Plus hair system? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated as I am thinking of booking a consultation there.

I have been suffering hairloss in the crown area for the last several year - mainly been thinning that I have been able to disguise with careful cuts/styles and more latterly topikk. In the last year I had a shorter haircut and ever since my thinning patch has become harder and harder to disguise and seems to be getting worse.

I have tried propecia (which gave me awful side effects), minoxidil, herbal remedies, laser comb treatment and topikk. I am currently on a regime of minoxidil twice a day, laser comb 3 times a week, 2 herbal supplements a day and topikk before leaving the house. I am wondering why I am bothering as none of the treatments seem to work for me.

The front of my hair is still thick and i have little recession to the hair line - all of my thinning is crown based and I am hoping that it might be possible to have a crown based Total Cover Plus system - the company have told me that it is possible. So I would be interested in hearing any other experiences people have of using Paul Anthony Hairdressing for this system

Have any of you been to Paul Anthony in Manchester for Total Cover Plus hair system? Any reviews would be greatly appreciated as I am thinking of booking a consultation there.

I have been suffering hairloss in the crown area for the last several year - mainly been thinning that I have been able to disguise with careful cuts/styles and more latterly topikk. In the last year I had a shorter haircut and ever since my thinning patch has become harder and harder to disguise and seems to be getting worse.

I have tried propecia (which gave me awful side effects), minoxidil, herbal remedies, laser comb treatment and topikk. I am currently on a regime of minoxidil twice a day, laser comb 3 times a week, 2 herbal supplements a day and topikk before leaving the house. I am wondering why I am bothering as none of the treatments seem to work for me.

The front of my hair is still thick and i have little recession to the hair line - all of my thinning is crown based and I am hoping that it might be possible to have a crown based Total Cover Plus system - the company have told me that it is possible. So I would be interested in hearing any other experiences people have of using Paul Anthony Hairdressing for this system

hi there

i went to paul anthony in manchester , hes a really nice guy but cocked up on the system colour he coloured my own hair to try and match it with the sysyem which is a big no no . but if you go get him to do a custom system and send a sample of your own hair away and you be fine , the systems them selfs are good

Hi Mark - thanks for your response - I assume that you are in the NW area, do you know of any other options? who do you use now?

hi mikey

i am in the north west (warrington) im using nick rogers hes as a shop in latchford nr warrington hes very goodand knows his stuff he chages ?45 for a cut in were total cover plus are charging about 85.00..

ps

theres a guy people are raving about on other hairloss fourms called martin mcmillan hes in southport ive not used him but heres the reviews

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

hi mikey

i am in the north west (warrington) im using nick rogers hes as a shop in latchford nr warrington hes very goodand knows his stuff he chages ?45 for a cut in were total cover plus are charging about 85.00..

hi Mark - does he have a website or email address? what kind of systems does he use? I'm looking for the most natural result I can find integrated with my natural hair and just covering the crown area

hi Mark - does he have a website or email address? what kind of systems does he use? I'm looking for the most natural result I can find integrated with my natural hair and just covering the crown area

hi mikey

when i first started wearing he got me a system just for the crown it worked great. he can get u any lace or skin system he doesnt have a website

but you can email him here nick@mhc-ltd.co.uk; :)

hi mikey

when i first started wearing he got me a system just for the crown it worked great. he can get u any lace or skin system he doesnt have a website

but you can email him here nick@mhc-ltd.co.uk; :)

thanks Mark I have emailed him and the guy in Southport - may as well investigate all of the options. how often do u have to replace your system?and what kind of cost is it?

thanks Mark I have emailed him and the guy in Southport - may as well investigate all of the options. how often do u have to replace your system?and what kind of cost is it?

hi mikey

both charging about ?250.00 inc cut in . u can buy else wearlike northwest lace where u can get a sysyem from about ?110 and i no nick will do a cut in .i get around 4 to 5 months