Finasteride question im having difficulty finding an answer to.

zunx

Hi All,

I have a question that i've been wondering for some months now but can never find a related answer to. first le me put it into context with a bit of back story.

I've been taking branded finasteride for about 8 months now. I'm still pretty young and have caught it quite early with some slight receeding.

I would say its halted, however as im still quite early on some of the hair around my temples going back is quite short where it was "going". i have long hair so the difference in size is quite tell tale.

My question is, do the hairs that finasteride has halted receeding grow back like normal hair usually does? If so will it eventaully "be full bobied"?

If anyone has an answer to this i would be very greatful.

You may find that finasteride reverses the weakening/thinning-out of your temple hairs somewhat, but it's usually most effective at the crown and mid-scalp.

In my experience, it has been more about preservation at the temples as opposed to a reversal. So, I'd say your temple hairs will probably not return to the way they were prior to losing hair, but the finasteride may help you retain what you currently have for a good long while.

If you want an honest answer, from your question I feel that you are wanting an answer either way and you are still at a pretty desperate point.

The honest answer is, only time will tell.

It is likely that the hairline will continue receding as Propecia does not work as well on the hairline, but you should also observe the rest of the top of your head. Are you sure that there is no thinning elsewhere? if not, then count yourself very lucky.