time between two strip surgeries??

hi guys, how much time is required between two strip surgeries if they are

a) the recipient sites are adjacent (ie: surgery1 is for the hairline, surgery2 is midscalp)

b) the recipient sites are far away (surgery1 is hairline & temples , surgery2 is crown)

i am guessing 12 months, and 6 months respectively... (?)

In my opinion.. You have to wait 12 months in either ways. Its not about the recipient area and the growth period. Its about the total recovery and laxity restoration of the scar and donor area. For example, top doctors always advises the patient to go back after 12 months even if he is interested for scar revision only.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The question I have is how long should one wait post-transplant to start doing scalp exercises again in preparation for the next round? Especially if one is a slow healer.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron

That is a great question. I'll be interested to see if a doctor responds to that. It would stand to reason if most doctors say wait a year, you should probably wait 9 months to start doing scalp exercises, but I sure don't know!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

BuddyTheElf,

I don't think there is a one size fits all approach to either scenario. If you were going back into the same recipient area to have additional density added then yes, about 12 months would be best. If you are going into either scenario you suggested, the second surgery recipient zone is separate from the first surgery recipient zone then about 8 months minimum should suffice.

What you were first asking about is similar to what Bobman did. His first procedure of 4849 grafts was performed for just the front of his scalp.

befandaft.4.jpg

Then 9 months later he returned and he had 2955 grafts placed into the crown.

bmancrownbeforeafter.jpg?i=333377848

By 9 months his scalp had not only healed up but his laxity had returned enough to get a healthy procedure for the crown region.

Aaron1234,

We feel that a patient should wait about 8 months post-op before they begin scalp laxity exercises. This can vary from patient to patient as some will have more tension on their first closure than others.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ah, thanks Joe. Good to know. I presume it's a bit longer than 8 months if you've done 2 or more procedures already.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group