Dr. Hasson/8402 Grafts/One Session/ 11 Months

We appreciate all of your comments, thank you.

Hdude,

Is he an ex-patient? There is no such thing but I understand what you mean. I am not aware of any desire on his part to return but he might. We'll be seeing him again next year when we return as he indicated he'd be available for a (nearly) two year update.

Regarding Londonlad and Shuffle, they have both moved on. I spoke to LL about two years ago and he was about to start his new life as a married man so hair loss is no longer a problem for him to be concerned with. With regards to Shuffle, I don't really know. It's been quite a while since I've heard from him but he's probably jet setting and getting into trouble here and there. He's a cool guy and likes to see the world as much as he can. It would be great to have him back here for an update so we can only hope.

Mahhong,

Well said and thank you. That was almost poetic:)

Aaron,

No doubt about it, the planets lined up for this one.

CD,

Thank you!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

Never saw the video,again great result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I am confident that if two identical twins were to have surgery (assuming they are absolutely identical in every way) and we had one twin and another clinic had the other twin that we would be able to get more grafts in one procedure and subsequent procedures as well thus allowing for a more dramatic improvement that will not need to be enhanced with funny angles or flash photography.
Very interesting. I have to say, in the after pictures of these 8,000-9,000 mega session pics, the donor areas don't ever look to be depleted at all which would back up this claim.

What is highest number of TOTAL grafts H&W has ever done for a patient over multiple procedures?

Looks outstanding. That patient restored all of his youth, Its like day and night. What a big difference Joe :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Irishsailor,

Fine haired patients would need more grafts to pull this off but it would still look different simply due to the texture differences but outstanding results can still be had for fine haired patients.

Gandolf,

I don't have the numbers with me but we have a few patients that have had more than 13,000 grafts in "x" number of procedures.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Did you know that some clinics still use a multi-blade scalpel? This prevents the ability to widen or narrow the strip based on regional tension because both blades are at a fixed distance apart.It also transects a LOT of hair further lowering the overall final take. There are lesser details that I'm not at liberty to share but they add up to allowing more hair to be available.

Jo,

I am not really sure what this means. Do clinics have their own special secrets about transplantation that they do not share with other doctors?

This may not be what you are saying so forgive me if I am wrong. I understand that doctors are businessmen as well, but for the advancement of science, I would hope that clinics do not hold on to these discoveries too long.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Absolutely incredible. Hats of to Hasson and Wong. Unbelievable! Who would have thought it possible!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr. Lindsey,

Thank you for your comment.

Spanker,

We have some secrets yes but there is a balance between sharing with the community and keeping our edge. You have to understand our history though to know why this is the case.

For several years we were mocked and criticized online and behind the scenes by other doctors about our claims of dense packing and megasessions. There were several heated debates during the annual hair conferences about what we were presenting and what the rest of the industry felt was possible. In 2004 the average sized session for most clinics was about 2000 grafts or so. We were starting to regularly perform 4000 grafts at this time and eventually started to go much higher on a regular basis. So 8 years ago we decided to bring 25 of our patients to the annual hair meeting where over 600 doctors finally got to see our results in person. Many had over 5000 grafts in one session and many had very high densities. It was at this time that other clinics started to take us more seriously and eventually the lateral slit technique, larger sessions and more densities were being performed and achieved by other clinics.

One thing we learned however is that no matter how much one may share it is difficult to initiate change. We've shown others how to dense pack. We've shown others how to take a wider strip. We've shown others what it takes to perform larger sessions. Some have listened and learned but most have not. Why? I have no idea but the fact remains that we shared quite a bit.

Currently, we have donor closure techniques that I feel no other clinic utilizes. It takes us at least an hour to close the donor wound on a virgin scalp, sometimes up to an hour and a half in order to make the resulting donor scar the best it can possibly be. Most clinics take 30 minutes.The only thing that is the unknown variable for us is the healing characteristics of the patient because surgically we do EVERYTHING right and this does include some proprietary techniques and solutions to encourage minimal scar formation. That is why I feel to date we are still the ONLY clinic to show donor scar results with each and every video, in HD no less, that we present which to date is nearing the 200 mark.

Interesting. There is obviously something special about you harvesting technique. You would think thy would cause people to take notice.

I had the perception hat doctors wee eager to learn from each other, and that in the interest of patients everywhere, new techniques would always be available to share. Guess I was wrong. That is sad to me. Medicine changes so fast you would think clinics would be in constant search of knowledge.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree that it is unfortunate but that is the state of this field. Remember, plugs were the standard for THIRTY YEARS and it is mind boggling how it took so long just to get to strip much less follicular unit grafting.

Ten years ago when we showed the first case of true dense packing (70 per cm2) the response was not positive and was in fact negative. The high end of density placement was in the 30 per cm2 range and it was this negative feedback that was part of the catalyst to pull 25 patients in for the ISHRS conference in 2004 when it was here in Vancouver. It seems that to get anything done one must make a big presentation in front of everyone that is anyone or get enough people online to demand a change.

Jotronic, A while ago you posted that you know a woman that does SMP that you met in Italy that does excellent work with very minimal fading with the ink in the long run.. What is the woman's name, phone number, website, ect.. If you want you can PM me the info. I am thinking about getting SMP into my donor scar..

FTS,

I never said that the ink doesn't fade. In fact, that is one of the attractive points of her approach because it DOES fade about two years after the procedure is performed so it gives one the chance to move on if they don't like the the result. The claim is that the ink does not change color but this has yet to be proven. My question about the ink is what does it look like as it fades and what do multiple passes in the same area do to the appearance over time? There are too many questions at this point but if I find out more I'll let everyone know. From what I hear however there are some clinics rushing to meet her and are hoping to bring her SMP, and her training, to North America. I personally know of two clinics rushing in for this and I fear it may be because of what I have said about it.

• 1 month later...
Jotronic, Wow.. That is awesome he has that much donor... Did this patient do scalp exercises before the procedure with H&W if you recall?

FTS,

No, he did not perform scalp laxity exercises before his procedure.