Houston, Texas- 3031 FUT Crown Procedure by Dr. Arocha

This gentleman in his early 50's came to Dr. Arocha with severe crown loss. He had a 3031 FUT procedure. The after photos are taken one year following his procedure. He is currently on a medical regimen consisting of Propecia, which has not proven to regrow any hair, but has stabilized the hair loss in the crown.

You can view the complete album Here.

1_Before.jpg.9924fe2ebcd2955bb18f420f86c7134d.jpg

2_After.jpg.9d9dc357657d118b26704654b6b846cf.jpg

3_Before.jpg.e763d48cd9d152251d0d7913e69e2246.jpg

4_After.jpg.9fa265f2fe08d8ca698f57b6e6ba47b3.jpg

5_Donor-scar.jpg.5ad15eb7bdb15e5f2e9a3f77cf387aee.jpg

8_immediately-post-op.jpg.b74e80b14662f85d01aa94712f2067a0.jpg

9_After.jpg.79b5d5f5f844a57e95be4a1b579f9ec9.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Kira,

I did a double-take when reading this gentleman's age. He appears much younger than early 50's with his newly thickened crown.

Great job by Dr. Arocha!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I know Kira was not trying to exaggerate on purpose. It is just a matter of perspective. To me, severe crown loss is when the laterals have dipped way down and the bottom has dropped essentially as far as it is going to go which shows that full U pattern in the back. I dont see that with this guy.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thank you all for taking the time to view these photos and comment.

Severecrownloss,

This seems to be a disagreement over semantics. I did not mean to offend you with my choice of words. I have included a higher resolution image (see below), which shows the extent of this gentleman's crown loss. If you look closely, the range of loss extends to the frontal region, as well as the sides. While to you, this patient might not appear to have "severe" crown loss, it bothered him nonetheless. So much so, that he decided to undergo a hair transplant. We are not trying to undermine anyone's degree of hair loss.

~Kira

8_immediately-post-op.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

This is excellent work as usual. Keep in mind that the crown is "the black whole of graft consumption". Crowns are very difficult to cover. I consider this gentleman very lucky to only have this degree of hair loss. He must either be a very slow balder or the gene didn't kick in until later in life.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 9 months later...

Kira - Can you post some imediate post op pics and give us some detail on the grafts placement strategy?

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Thanx for posting this, I'm scheduled for a 3000 graft procedure on Feb19 and I'm going to have 2000 in my crown. I have way less hair than your patient but my thinking is that my situation can only improve.

My surgery will be with a non coalition surgeon.

Hi CantDecide,

You are absolutely right- the photo I previously posted back in April was a photo taken immediately post-op. It's hard to tell due to Dr. Arocha's refined work. Here are some additional views immediately post-op.

11_immediately-post-op.jpg

13_immediately-post-op.jpg

I'll let Dr. Arocha address the surgical aspects of crown work. He said he would chime in later!

~Kira

Wow, I did not even realize those were post op pics:)!!

As you said, that means the work is as refined as it gets.

Looking forward to the docs further details.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

This gentleman in his early 50's came to Dr. Arocha with severe crown loss. He had a 3031 FUT procedure. The after photos are taken one year following his procedure. He is currently on a medical regimen consisting of Propecia, which has not proven to regrow any hair, but has stabilized the hair loss in the crown.

You can view the complete album Here.

Severe crown loss ?

You should take a look at some of the H&W, Bisnaga and Feriduni results who achieved twice as much as density with 2/3 of the number of grafts. Just google crown results for these clinics.

This is one execrable result.

Severe crown loss ?

You should take a look at some of the H&W, Bisnaga and Feriduni results who achieved twice as much as density with 2/3 of the number of grafts. Just google crown results for these clinics.

This is one execrable result.

I would hardly use the word execrable to describe this result. This is very good work and I am sure the patient is very happy.

She apologized for using the word severe, get over it. Comparing one patient with x amount of grafts to another patient with y amount of grafts is like comparing apples and oranges. Posting critiques of work is fine, but your post is useless flaming

Back to the results... those post op pics are crazy!! Seriously just looks like his hair is wet, not like he just had a transplant!!

Kira....thanks for sharing.

This patient must be thrilled with the results Dr. Arocha provided.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Greetings to all,

RC West was correct in saying that: “crowns are the black hole of hair restoration.” They can put great demand on precious donor, so it is usually advisable to consider future hair loss progression, donor / demand ratio and contemplating the quandary of “robbing from Peter to pay Paul.” In other words weather there will be enough available donor to complete the restoration completely as the pattern is fully expressed. Finasteride use can help conserve donor by maintaining the crown. Please see Principles of Crown Hair Restoration for further details. In restoring crowns it is important to anchor the transplant into the thinning areas that are furthest out, that is to work from the outside in. So the first area loss is the last to be restored. This is to prevent hair islands from developing or the halo effect.

Thank you all for watching and for your comments!

Thanks Dr. Arocha. I am glad that you confirmed what I have always felt to be true which is that the outside of the crown should be closed off first and work your way in. This also helps to ensure the side profiles look good. I guess this is why crown resoration post op pics always show a much bigger area covered than what was apparent thinning when looking at the preop hair condition.

Nice work!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I would hardly use the word execrable to describe this result. This is very good work and I am sure the patient is very happy.

She apologized for using the word severe, get over it. Comparing one patient with x amount of grafts to another patient with y amount of grafts is like comparing apples and oranges. Posting critiques of work is fine, but your post is useless flaming

Back to the results... those post op pics are crazy!! Seriously just looks like his hair is wet, not like he just had a transplant!!

I agree completely with you Greatjob! That is a typical post from this guy and is not well informed or helpful. This result is a very nice one.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1