FUE at Transmed

Hey,

I'm new here and would first like to thank all members to share their valuable knowledge (about an unknown subject for me) about hair transplantation.

I am 25 years old and want to take a FUE surgery, about 2000 Graf's in front. have been in contact with the transmed in Turkey, and wonder if some clever / experienced heads could give me a tip if it?s wise or not.

Have read everything on the forum about transmed and notes that there are both positive and negative (unfortunately) feedback.

I wondering if you agree with my suspicion that almost all positive results come with Dr. Melike and FUT. Have not seen so many positive results with the FUE method (I hope I'm wrong).

As I said, I am totally new, it would be nice if someone told me how I send friend request also.

answers are much appreciated!

Sorry my bad english

This doctor from this clinic was recommended on here. This is no longer the case as far as I know. In Europe Drs. Feriduni & Devroye are recommended & highly respected on this site.

To add a friend request if thats what you meant, click on the friends tab near the top of the page & send a request from there.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have just returned from having 2,800 FUE in Istanbul and am very pleased with it. Interestingly, on my return journey, i spoke to a guy who'd had 2,500 FUE at Transmed 6 months ago. Here's what i found out from the discussion about his experience...

- It was twice the price of everywhere else in Turkey

- He has swelling, itchiness and redness for longer periods than he should have

- After 6 months, i could see very little growth

- He said that his head still hurts after 6 months!!!

Based on that information, i knew i'd made the right choice. If you'd like to know more about where i went and see pictures, please feel free to contact me and i'll gladly discuss it with you. Failing that, have a look at my blog (in my signature).

I'm glad i chose who i did, so if i can help others, i'm more than willing to do so. I would avoid Transmed though.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

s2thoudriver - interesting position you take, most people usually come onto this forum and speak highly of the clinic they have been to for a HT but rarely do they slag off another clinic in the same breath ???

Were you asked to do this by your Clinic as part of some simmering Turkish rivalry ?

Then by some miracle, you sit next to someone on the way back who has had an appalling experience at Transmed. What are the odds of that mate ?

I have been to Transmed for FUT more than once and achieved my goals.

I know the price of FUE at Transmed based on a recent conversation with them, do share the price you paid and I will tell you if they really are twice the price as you claim.

I have been to your blog and despite titles such as COST - it is has no info.

( PS - I am sure you are delighted now but you could easily be one of the many with appalling growth so a tad soon to be counting your chickens and praising your clinic so soon, it may be in 12 months that you had wished you had gone to Transmed after all ! )

s2thoudriver,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplants. I've read several of your posts detailing your results.

I have removed the link in your signature. Please review our Terms of Service.

I highly recommend creating a hair loss blog and/or a hair restoration website so that others can more easily follow your hair loss journey.

Best of luck.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

s2thoudriver - interesting position you take, most people usually come onto this forum and speak highly of the clinic they have been to for a HT but rarely do they slag off another clinic in the same breath ??? - Correction, i have not 'slagged off' another clinic, i have simply provided requested information based on what i saw of the gentlemens results and what he told us at the airport. I have also heard good things about Transmed (on here) too, but the idea of a forum and research is that people gather as much information as possible based on real life cases, of which this was one, stood next to me.

Were you asked to do this by your Clinic as part of some simmering Turkish rivalry ? absolutely not, why would they? I don't work for a clinic, or in the cosmetic surgery business, i actually work in financial services. Again, i'm simply passing on information. It makes no difference to me if someone goes to Transmed or not, it's not my hair, but if someone asks a question and i can offer an answer, i'll provide it if it helps someone make a decision

Then by some miracle, you sit next to someone on the way back who has had an appalling experience at Transmed. What are the odds of that mate ? - It wasn't a miracle and i didn't sit next to him, he was stood next to me and another FUE patient in the customs queue back in the UK and said he'd noticed we'd had work done and then progressed to talking about Transmed, his choice etc etc He had previously had a FUT with good result (can't remember where though, but was also in Turkey) and had some fantastic dental work done out there too (i commented on how good his teeth were). He didn't have 'an appaling experience' at Transmed, he just said some things which made me question it.

I have been to Transmed for FUT more than once and achieved my goals.and i'm extremely happy for you, that great to hear. Or is this where i throw the comment back to you about "did your clinic ask you to write this?" ;-)

I know the price of FUE at Transmed based on a recent conversation with them, do share the price you paid and I will tell you if they really are twice the price as you claim.Ok, this is what he told me... "i saw 5 surgeons in Istabul, most prices ranging from 1,500 EUR to 3,000 EUR, Transmed was 4,800 EUR but i believe they are the best, so i went with them". I never said HE wasn't happy with his results. Also, the chap said he spends 50% of his time working in Istanbul, so there were no travel costs on top for him

I have been to your blog and despite titles such as COST - it is has no info. -Yes, that's because i have a full time day job and as stated previously, i haven't had time to finish it off yet. Other pages on the blog are unfinished (in fact not started!) too. I will get round to completing it in the next few weeks

( PS - I am sure you are delighted now but you could easily be one of the many with appalling growth so a tad soon to be counting your chickens and praising your clinic so soon, it may be in 12 months that you had wished you had gone to Transmed after all ! )Agreed, which is why i am documenting the whole process from start to finish, to capture everything, the good and the bad. However, having seen other patients, the hospital, surgeons and personal experience i have had so far, i am remaining optimistic.

If my feedback based on discussions with a Trasmed patient aren't credible, here is a patient on here who's recently been there ;-) ..... http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166406-my-disastrous-journey-transmed.html

Edited by s2thoudriver

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi Takingtheplunge

Apologies about the link and thanks for updating it. I'll take a look into setting up another blog on here to include details of my journey and hopefully it will prove useful to others.

Kind regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

s2thoudriver - firstly, I apologize for my earlier post. Your reply is really well constructed and looking at your other posts you are a genuine patient like the rest of us. Sorry mate for doubting. :eek:

I have been here three years and we occasionally get a new poster who raves about a clinic, with no photos or subsequent posts - some of these I think are just docs/technicians who pose under pseudo identities to promote themselves. Same goes for people trying to sell stuff on here, when challenged they usually change their tune or disappear. After you have been here a while you will spot the genuine from pseudo posters.

I am really pleased for you, and I hope your HT is a great success. You have been brave and taken a chance with the unknown, your feedback and results will be invaluble for many others who are looking for quality affordabe clinics in europe. The more choice and competition in europe, the more accessible and affordable it will become and clinics will have to raise their game to attract clients. At the moment , it is a luxury cosmetic procedure for a few with less than around eight known and respected players in europe. I hope one day it is as cheap and common as teeth whitening.

So congratulations on your decision and taking the plunge with somebody new ! We look forward to seeing a great result hopefully, and then others can follow your pioneering path. You will then become the default embassador for that clinic and get lots of questions !

( ps - would like to know what price per graft they charge, if not on an open forum, then can you say via a private message ? )

No problem at all Mop, I completely understand your earlier post and it's always hard on these forums to establish someones motives or intent when reading their posts, so please don't worry, I haven't taken offence at all :-)

I agree with your comment that it's early days for mine and I too hope that the end results and yield is good. I'll do my best to capture the whole process for people to see and it'll either give future patients a recommended, proven surgeon to use, or will direct them away due to poor results. It's the least I can do for the help and advice I've received from this forum.

So far though, everything has gone well and I'm pleased with it,so fingers crossed!

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 3 years later...
hello

going to visit dr Ozgur for transplantation about 2000 fue

need ur advice guys about this doctor and about results from his work!

plz plz plz

Hi serg2012

Just wondering how you got on with Dr Ozgur and HLC clinic? I am think of using this doctor.

Cheers

Hi,

I have just returned from having 2,800 FUE in Istanbul and am very pleased with it. Interestingly, on my return journey, i spoke to a guy who'd had 2,500 FUE at Transmed 6 months ago. Here's what i found out from the discussion about his experience...

- It was twice the price of everywhere else in Turkey

- He has swelling, itchiness and redness for longer periods than he should have

- After 6 months, i could see very little growth

- He said that his head still hurts after 6 months!!!

Based on that information, i knew i'd made the right choice. If you'd like to know more about where i went and see pictures, please feel free to contact me and i'll gladly discuss it with you. Failing that, have a look at my blog (in my signature).

I'm glad i chose who i did, so if i can help others, i'm more than willing to do so. I would avoid Transmed though.

Rob

Hi Rob did you use Dr Ozgur and HLC clinic? I am thinking about using theses guys