Dr. Hasson/9168 Grafts/One Session/One Day Post-Op

This patient came from Italy so that Dr. Hasson could restore as much of his NW5 hair loss as possible. The patient exhibited above average donor density and above average donor laxity. The before/after photos represent one day post-op healing. We hope to have continual updates from the patient as the hair and scalp continue the healing process and subsequent growth and maturation.

1's - 2154

2's - 6135

3/4's - 879

Total Grafts - 9168

Donor Strip - 35 x 2.5/3.0 cm

hw9168_001.jpg?i=1703315420

hw9168_002.jpg?i=1769827757

hw9168_003.jpg?i=1763906249

hw9168_004.jpg?i=346773610

hw9168_005.jpg?i=1552794327

hw9168_006.jpg?i=1846683724

hw9168_007.jpg?i=1198920687

hw9168_009.jpg?i=1894096069

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that would be approximately 17,000 hairs according to my calculations. Simply massive!

Great looking work too, of course!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

This work looks incredibly clean. ..

Congrats to the patient and congrats to Dr. Hasson for yet another milestone in the field.

Just think that 10 yers ago this procedure would have been something straight out of science fiction.

9000 grafts in one session??? Thats a Super mega session!!! Do you think he has enough blood supply to all of these new grafts, I honestly wont do this much of grafts in one session. 6000 was already a huge number, how about 9000!!! This guy must have been so rich. I can assume he paid not less than $35000.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Holy____! That look amazing. Was he going back to Italy right away or sticking around long enough to have staples removed? Curious do know what the donor scar will end up looking like with a donor strip of the size. Nice job Dr. Hasson.

Dr. Charles

The Italian patient is leaving on Tuesday and will have the staples removed in Italy. I have witnessed over 100 surgeries live and his density was a freak of nature in my views. I have seem many donor strip taken that were both longer and wider than this patient.

An Italian had 7800 grafts in October where his donor strip taken was much greater than this patient. He spend 5 months in Vancouver learning English and I became good friends with him. His donor scar in my views was excellent.

Harini

Do you think he has enough blood supply to all of these new grafts, I honestly wont do this much of grafts in one session

Thanks Dr. Harini for your opinion :D.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Amazing !

How was this guy motivated to spend 15 - 16 hours in that chair. I think I spent 9 and my patience had been exhausted multiple times by then :)

Simply amazing! Very clean work as usual. This is going to be an epic before and after. I can't wait for next year to roll around so we can see it!

I imagine Dr. Hasson got a longer strip by starting high on the sides and then dipping way down in the back? It seems as that would make the strip longer than going almost straight around and just dipping slightly in the back.

This patient also looks to have a ton more hair left once his scalp loosens back up again. I wonder what he would have left, assuming he needs it?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Levrais good question, Ill ask Joe on Monday. My guess is around 120, he was extremely dense all over his donor.

Edited by lorenzo

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Density would probably be around 105FU/cm2 on average I'd guess. Maybe 120 in the back where the best density is and then about 90 on the sides. Just throwing an estimate out there.

Looks to me like a combo of 3 things, long strip, great laxity which allows a wide strip and very nice donor density. Also looks to have great wirey donor hairs. Will look amazing grown out.

Receding Tide normally that is correct. This patients sides were just as dense as his back from what I saw. I am also looking forward to seeing his results.

I told him yesterday that in 6+ months nobody is going to reconize him. He told me nobody going to reconize me when I get home I didnt even tell me wife I was getting a hair transplant.:eek:

Edited by lorenzo

I have to say this is very impressive and inspirational. Not sure if one can truley understand the difficulty of performing a procedure like this unless you are a hair restoration surgeon. There is a tremendous amount of time and effort necessary.

Amazing, I am looking forward to seeing his final result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Dr. Charles,

Thank you for your comments. As you are aware we have been doing surgeries like this (not quite this big) for quite a while now and what you may not realize is that we've got several 8000 plus surgeries already completed. In fact, the HD video is being edited for presentation of one of these 8000 graft cases shortly. In fact, here is a teaser...

1-w800_0.jpg?i=1472868576

2_0.jpg?i=605873841

RCwest,

Yeah, the direction of the strip probably has something to do with the length but Dr Hasson wasn't trying to make the strip as long as he could but rather he was following the best hair. It just so happened to wind up at 35cm long.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I hope to update this patient's case as often as possible.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The stapled scar on the Italian patient appears to be too high and will most likely become visible as the patient ages and his sides and back thin out.

I don't think so. That scar looks to be at least 3/4" - 1" away from the nearest area of miniaturization. The patient also looks to be at least in his mid-to-late thirties, but more likely into his forties or beyond. The margin between miniaturized and non-miniaturized hair appears to be pretty stable and with his age you would assume fairly confidently there will be no major continued hairloss in his future below the apparent stable region. Add to that the fact he is more likely on propecia and I would say all that makes up for a pretty thorough reasoning that this guy is unlikely to see thinning down to the scar. No doubt there will be continued miniaturization on top in the clear balding area, perhaps even a little bit around the margins. But if he got 9,000 grafts in his first session you can pretty safely bet between the remaining FUT and any potential FUE there is another 4-7,000 grafts worth, which should see him in good stead if he does need further work.

My father has hairloss similar to this, with the exception of a bit more loss around the crown, and he looks the same at 53 as he did at 33. I'm no doctor, but I think it usually becomes clear whether the margins between thinning and non-thinning hair have stabilised and surgeons as experienced as H+W have seen enough scalps to know when the chances of progression between the stable/unstable zone are high and when they are low.

The stapled scar on the Italian patient appears to be too high and will most likely become visible as the patient ages and his sides and back thin out.

Huh???? I think you are wrong...I would leave the guessing game to Dr Wong and Dr Hasson...Im sure they checked the patient for miniaturization...the donor incision line looks perfect as far as placement..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website