H&W - Another First in The Industry - 9168 Grafts In One Session

Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are known world wide for being true innovators in the field of hair restoration. Dense packing, the Lateral Slit Technique, donor closures, etc. They are also known for being able to safely harvest more hair in one procedure than any other clinic.

We were the first clinic to document and share on the forums 4000 grafts in one procedure, 5000 then 6000 grafts. We then shared 7000 grafts and 8000 grafts in a single procedure. No other clinic has ever achieved this. I'm excited to share that Dr. Hasson has now broken the seemingly impossible barrier of 9000 grafts in a single procedure. The exact number is actually 9168 grafts, again, in a single procedure.

The patient is from Italy and as any patient that gets this many grafts in a single session his donor density and donor laxity were above average. Hopefully he'll give us permission to share his photos. Regardless, I wanted to share this achievement with the group.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

:eek: That's unbelievable! How many more grafts does he have left? A lot of men don't have that many grafts no matter how many sessions. I really hope you get permission to post his photos. I'd love to see this!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I don’t mean to be controversial, but I consider that to be irresponsible behavior by the clinic. I have only the best things to say about H+W and their work is always top notch, but this achievement is nothing to be proud about. Instead (and in my opinion) it demonstrates that the patient has no (or very little) back up to go through a future follow up procedure which I can only imagine will one day be necessary seeing as that person needed so many grafts in the first place...

I'm so jealous Joe, well done to Dr Hasson and the team.

Dr Hasson told me about this before when I met him saying you get attacked on forums anyway, how can it be irresponsible? How can a clinic like them with their experience be reckless or irresponsible?

The patient must've needed those grafts if he's that bald. If 9k were extracted in one sitting it means he still has at least a few thousand left in the tank anyway when his density & laxity are crazy. What will the patient save the grafts for? Christmas? He needs to enjoy them now.

He might be done or almost done with hair transplants now anyway.

That is great to hear Joe, I wonder what the scar will be like.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Dr Hasson told me about this before when I met him saying you get attacked on forums anyway, how can it be irresponsible? How can a clinic like them with their experience be reckless or irresponsible?

Talented people who push the envelope are often chastised.

"hey you can't do that....no one else does!"

"that's not the way it's done around here"

"thats never been done before!"

Some lead....others follow.

Hasson/Wong & several other top doctors lead the field.

2EachHisOwn....

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thank you for all of your comments.

LSorvats, I understand and can appreciate your concern on this issue but what a lot of people don't understand is that if a patient can get a larger than average amount of hair in their first procedure they can get still get more hair in subsequent procedures, just like any other patient. It's a relative issue.

Take this patient below for example. He received 8402 grafts in one procedure. I've posted several of his updates over the past few months and when we were in Spain three weeks ago he was kind enough to drive a few hours to Madrid to show us his ten month result. After examining his result we were obviously more than pleased, as is he, but Dr. Hasson also noted that he could get another 5000 grafts in a second procedure. His donor scar is also virtually undetectable. Below is a teaser before/after set of images but I've got full HD video being edited as well as many more photos to share to show off this fantastic result.

1-w800.jpg?i=1173978177

2_0.jpg?i=1807770364

The number of grafts that are possible in a second procedure are relative to what was safely taken in the first procedure. It stands to reason that if these patients can get more in one procedure than the average patient has in "x" number of procedures then their respective maximum limits will also be higher than the average patient. I hope I explained this reasonably well. If you have more questions just let me know.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jo

That makes perfect sense..when I had my procedure with Dr Rahal...before the surgery I asked him...keep in mind when were shooting for 4000 grafts on a corrective procedure...

anyway I asked him " if we get 4000 grafts, how many do you think I will have left in the bank"...he told me ....I will tell you after surgery!!! Well after he got the 4800, he told me I had at least 3500-4000 left...he said I was in really great shape so I certainly understand that concept!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Joe,

That's incredible...I'm almost speechless. Kudos to Dr. Hasson for pushing the envelope and shattering his old record.

As you know, a picture is worth a thousand words. So why not celebrate by posting some before and surgical photos of this patient?

Best wishes,

Bill

Ok, here is the update. The patient finally left the office at about 12:30 this morning. Here are some of the photos I am allowed to share at this time. The patient is about a NW5 although the frontal scalp has a bit more hair than a typical NW5.

hwrm9168a_001.jpg?i=496457525

hwrm9168b_001.jpg?i=1587456722

hwrm9168c_001.jpg?i=2124516413

hwrm9168d_001.jpg?i=1652522231

This photo shows the density in the slivers that were prepared before final dissection. His hair is coarse as well so the final numbers combined with his native hair should provide for a pretty spectacular result.

sliver.jpg?i=1588500926

NewHair,

It took about 15 to 16 hours I believe. Several years ago this would have been impossible had it not been for continuing efforts to refine our procedures. I remember when Dr. Wong was the first to break the 5000 graft barrier way back in 2004. It was 5825 grafts and it took 16 hours to finish.

9,168 grafts, WOW!!! I wonder how many hairs that is. This guy is going to have an amazing result. He wont have to worry about a thing after this. The work looks outstanding and very clean. This is definitely a result I am going to stay tuned for. Amazing!

Well If I was in his place I would be scared to use all of these grafts once. But honestly talking Dr. Hasson has outstanding stamina to perform this super large operation. Also I love his clean work, I was thinking with these many grafts the patient's scalp would be totally red and covered with blood but it ended up with a very clean looking head. Jotronic can you share with us whats the expected density of this patient, hairline, mid scalp and crown? Just curious. Now I can call H&W as the kings of Mega session.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Announcing the exciting news at our Hair Loss Q & A blog:

Coalition Surgeons Dr. Victor Hasson and Jerry Wong Break Hair Transplant Surgery Records by Implanting over 9,000 grafts in Single Procedure

Congratulations guys!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Well If I was in his place I would be scared to use all of these grafts once. But honestly talking Dr. Hasson has outstanding stamina to perform this super large operation. Also I love his clean work, I was thinking with these many grafts the patient's scalp would be totally red and covered with blood but it ended up with a very clean looking head. Jotronic can you share with us whats the expected density of this patient, hairline, mid scalp and crown? Just curious. Now I can call H&W as the kings of Mega session.

Lol, only NOW you can call them the kings of mega sessions Hariri?? They've always have been.

It's amazing how some people don't understand that if you have good laxity you have way more donor and using 8000 is the same as 4000 with lower laxity it's all about ratios some people like my self actually have a extra roll of scalp that's visible without moving or touching it even though I've removed over 8000 grafts so far. The back of my scalp is like the bottom of a fat mans stomach draping down which is the best way to explain it. Good laxity doesn't just mean your scalp is stretchy some people actually have way more grafts because they have way more scalp. So if you stretched out my virgin donor flat without rolls its likely I would have twice as much length than someone's with low laxity. Simples!!

H&W have always been kings of the megasessions all though some are catching up they're always a step behind this may be because H&W are quite willing to share tools and developments with other surgeons.

Joe are you sure that's a nw5 it looks more 6 to me its very wide?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk