Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 2194grafts/3754hairs After SMP

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone who have inquired about this patient's result for their patience. Here are pics of before any procedure (SMP&FUE) and 1 year after.

He is still very happy with his results of permanent ink smp and fue. He shaves his hair every 3-4 days with 0 guard. He is considering more fue in the future if his hair loss progresses further in the crown.

Reminder - He had 2194 grafts via FUE 1 yr ago and Permanent Ink (SMP) -

Slide1-34.jpg

Slide2-24.jpg

Slide3-19.jpg

Slide4-19.jpg

Slide5-18.jpg

Slide6-15.jpg

Slide7-11.jpg

Slide8-10.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This result is subtle because of the tight buzz cut. But look at the frontal top view. He clearly went from having no defined hairline to having one.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

But look at the frontal top view.
if we viewed people from the top of their head vs. the front that might mean something but since we dont I just dont see a lot of overall improvement there.

I see the improvement, but the tight buzz cut really minimizes it. I think if I was going to buzz my hair that close I would probably opt not to get a HT. However, the main thing is that he likes it!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Even in the frontal view you can see a new, defined hairline. Yes, this is a very high, conservative result. But as orlhair points out, if the patient is satisfied (and I have a feeling he is) then it's a home run.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think we can all agree from the onset of posting this patient's progress pics that its a bit on the conservative side. He's pretty young with a good possibility of ending up with a high Norwood scale in his future so a conservative route seemed prudent. The permanent SMP also comes with a risk of the ink turning blue/green or the ink bleeding so another good reason to be conservative. Its much easier to bring the hairline down with FUE or be more aggressive with SMP in the future but its difficult to change the other way around. You have to keep in mind that he is one of the first patients at SMG to get the SMP and FUE combo so I don't think it'd be fair for him have an aggressive FUE session and SMP treatment with the possible risks. He's happy with both procedures and is not even thinking that he wants a lower or more defined hairline than what he's achieved. if anything, he'd have an fue procedure for mid scalp and crown if his hair loss progresses.

I like the fact that the patient went conservative with the permanent SMP. I personally like the result. Look forward to future updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I also like to point out the patient only used 2200 grafts for I would consider a large area on the top and his temples.... Very conservative but appropriate approach....

You only live once...

• 2 weeks later...
Gostei muito do resultado .

Sou Tricologista no Brasil e vou fazer um curso de Tricopigmenta??o .. pretendo colocar excelentes fotos aqui.

Realmente me preocupo com a tinta e suas mudan?as.

in case u havnt figured it out we speak english here....:rolleyes:

I think what is most important is that that patient is happy. I think he made a wise choice in his hair line placement and I would be more confident if I were him now. If you are losing your hair a high hairline is a very wise choice. While I would not trade him my hair, I do sometimes wish my hair line would have naturally been a cm higher at the time of my procedure to assist in a natural look long term. (20 years from now).

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...