98 % shock loss

spanker ,i dont have a camera right now.i will post a final result pic, however i still have hair growing at 12 months..i dont mean hair getting thicker i am talking about new hair.. i cant believe it myself.i know this cause about 3 or 4 very very fine singles hair have showed up this week right in the front of the hairline ..my result is not yet final..i will post a final picture or a updated picture soon as possible .. i am very thankful to dr dorin..

Looking forward to your pics MIKIEB and see that you joined this community nearly eight years ago.

It's always nice to see another individual giving back to the community! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 8 months later...
spanker ,i dont have a camera right now.i will post a final result pic, however i still have hair growing at 12 months..i dont mean hair getting thicker i am talking about new hair.. i cant believe it myself.i know this cause about 3 or 4 very very fine singles hair have showed up this week right in the front of the hairline ..my result is not yet final..i will post a final picture or a updated picture soon as possible .. i am very thankful to dr dorin..

Hey MIKIEB! Glad to hear that you recovered from the shockloss! How long after the surgery did you start to experience shockloss?

MikieB and Jetfan11,

Were you on propecia before the procedure or after?

I am experiencing some loss behind my latest HT procedure, and trying to pin down if it's from shockloss or from stopping Fin about 6-7 months ago (so far hadn't seen any loss at all from stopping).

I may restart Proscar mon wed fri just to be safe.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 years later...

Hey MikeIB, I think I have a similar situation as you. I came into the surgery with hair, and when I got out, I had lost almost half my density. I was shocked (no pun intended) since I was told that shock loss happens 3 months or so after the fact. I have way less hair now, and am wondering whether a) it was simply cut during the transplant and I can't tell

b)it could be real shock loss in such a short amount of time or c) there were transections and the hair is permanently damaged. What was your experience? I have done a lot of research and your case is the most similar to mine, since ours both happened the day after surgery.

Hey Mikie,

This makes a lot more sense than shock loss during the procedure. Shock loss is a gradual response from the body to the trauma of surgery, I've not seen examples where there was a pile of hair on the floor of the surgery room due to shock loss.

This is why my first question was whether or not they cut the hair and the fact that they did cut some is very good news for you.

If it's just been cut it should be growing already (unless you also have some shock loss over the next few weeks).

Best of luck and I'm sure it'll all grow back for you!

Is it very common for hair to be cut during the surgery and you not know it? Is it just cut really close to the base so I can't see? The reason I ask is because I had a fair amount of density going into the surgery last week, and now I have about half or less. I would think it would be far to soon for me to be experiencing shock loss, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Shock loss can occur as early as 2 weeks post-op and as late as 8 weeks. And yes, there are exceptions.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 3 months later...
No i walked in with hair and walk out without hair..

Same happened to me two days ago immediately after my hair transplant I lost my frontal hair. Walked in with hair got out without.

Please if you read this answer me. Did your native hair grow back ? I'm very frustrated.

Hey MikeIB, I think I have a similar situation as you. I came into the surgery with hair, and when I got out, I had lost almost half my density. I was shocked (no pun intended) since I was told that shock loss happens 3 months or so after the fact. I have way less hair now, and am wondering whether a) it was simply cut during the transplant and I can't tell

b)it could be real shock loss in such a short amount of time or c) there were transections and the hair is permanently damaged. What was your experience? I have done a lot of research and your case is the most similar to mine, since ours both happened the day after surgery.

Mrmjk.

Same happened to me lost my hair during the surgery two days ago. I don't know if it's going back or not. Walked in with hair got out without

Please tell me did your hair grow back?

Unless that native hair was very diffused, it should grow back but will take 3-4 months.

Gillenator