Recent Hair Restoration Patient

Pirrinat

Hello all,

I started losing my hair when I was 15; and after finishing graduate school at 24 I decided to have the procedure done at the Bosley office in Washington DC. I have attached a few photos from before, DURING, and after the procedure.

I had the procedure done on February 24th. The doctor initially wanted to restore 1800 graphs but with my natural thin sandy blonde hair, they actually were able to get ~2100 from the donor area. Not bad!

The scabs have been falling off (some with the little hairs), but my head is healed. From what I was told it is natural for the scab to take the little hairs because the graph is still left in my head. You can tell I am a Rookie at this...

Enjoy the pictures, please feel free to ask questions.

P

IMG_1601.JPG.372ef43599bd25fcdf7691913f0fbc63.JPG

IMG_1609.jpg.d3fdf0bc80deb40397bbcb5cdd4db60e.jpg

IMG_1610.JPG.c7b7b2b71800ce317d10f56e3d61d50a.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG.8e38cfab74ced9f61a687b4dd72d7b99.JPG

Dutch, thanks for the response. Well, I had the opportunity to speak with two previous patients in the DC area which helped. It was also accessible by metro, I didn't want to drive home afterwards. A minor detail but important nonetheless. The doctor was very involved and we were able to work together so I we could reach maximum results.

I didn't know that a natural recession happens to us guys, of course when you are 15 and you start losing your hair everything is accelerated. So we found a common ground which you can see from one of the pictures.

He called a few times during the weekend after the surgery, and when I had my scab question (about the hair falling out with the scab) he called me back and explained what happens. Just a wait game right now.

P

To my untrained eye, the grafts look too spaced apart for 2100 grafts.

I had 1600 grafts in my fontal third, and mine appear to be a lot more dense.

Dont take my advice as gospel as Im a novice on it all. Hope everything goes well for you.

Regards

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

It really is a waiting game. I hope you're on meds which can help the cause. I'm only 5 months post op & seeing a lot of good growth so far. Hope you end up with a nice result.

Consider regaine foam, propecia, MSM & Biotin as a daily routine if you're not using these already.

Pirrinat,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant and thanks for taking the time to share your experience and results .

Yes, it is perfectly normal for the follicles in the grafts to shed along with the scabs. As Dutch stated above, it is really a waiting game at this point.

I wish you the best. Keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Pirrinat,

That third picture is the one that really catches my eye...those scabs look pretty big for a hairline and the spacing is pretty sparse...maybe its just a bad picture...good luck and wish you well!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website