New Here But Need Advice

My hairlines been receding for more than a couple years now. My hairdoesnt look horrible but it doesnt look good either... I was wondering if anyone can suggest me anything.. And if anyone knows of any good well recommended surgeons in California thanks.

AntThem,

Welcome! It's clear from your post that you have only just begun to research hair loss treatments. You've certainly come the the right place.

First and foremost, there are several world-class hair transplant surgeons in California. For a complete list of the California doctors we recommend, click here. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

In addition, you should consider staring Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). These are the only clinically proven and FDA approved medical hair loss treatments currently available.

It should be noted that medical treatments are not likely to restore your hairline but they may slow the progress of your balding and add to overall density.

Most of all, I suggest you hang around here and carefully research all of your options.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The first step is to be patient and research everything you can on hair transplant. Spend time reading through these forum; it helped me a lot. It took me almost 10 years to decide getting the procedure!

If you meet for consultations, ask every possible question to the doctor. When it comes to transplant that will affect the rest of your life, no question is a stupid question.