Belly Fat Loss post HT.

hiflyer

Hi Guys,

I need some serious help to get my waist size down .I have been a fat boy for a long time now and had some serious thought to get my waist and my weight down from 90kgs. Its making me look real hefty.

I started to go to gym in late November and had been a regular till my HT in Feb. Now it is begining to show as i have a feeling that my waist is again growing back to its old size.

I have people telling me to take fat burning suppliments like Carnitine (Caffeine-free) or CLA (caffeine-free) or Tight Xtreme (with caffeine). And i really dont know if its advisable to take them post HT.

Would like to hear some feedback if its ok to take such supplements or work on any other methods to start to loose this flab.

hiflyer,

I don't put much faith in fat burners but I have nothing against them in conjunction with exercise. Prior to my first HT I was 35 to 40 lbs overweight. Afterward, I surpassed my weight loss and fitness goals using the home workout program called Insanity. It brought me to the best shape of my life at the age of 41. Unfortunately, I had to quit for my second HT and never got back in the groove. My weight has slowly climbed since due to my love of junk food.

I've been trying to motivate myself to get back into it. I highly recommend it. It works!

To answer your question, I have not heard of any reason why taking these fat burners two weeks or more post-surgery would harm your grafts.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hi high flyer

id say after about 4 weeks you should be able to resume normal exercise again with perhaps the exception of heavy weights so shoulnt be out of the gym too long ;-)

i dont see a problem with the fat burners esp if its a short term thing, i wouldnt use them though as regular maintenance in keeping your weight down.

the usual good diet and exercise is the only thing that will keep the weight of on a permanent basis. lots of high protein foods , you can pretty much eat as much like of that within reason of course and introduce cheat meals in once or twice a week. depends really what your goals are but just tweaking your diet and introducing exercise esp some weight training will do wonders

i too have a love for junk food ;-)

Thx for the feedback guys..

Im in week 3 post my HT. Is it ok now to get back to light jogging at a steady pace on a treadmill for 15mins ?

I would really love to do the ab crunches and ab stretches if possible. Is it okay to do these exercises now ?

Thx for the feedback guys..

Im in week 3 post my HT. Is it ok now to get back to light jogging at a steady pace on a treadmill for 15mins ?

I would really love to do the ab crunches and ab stretches if possible. Is it okay to do these exercises now ?

Jogging yes!! Ab exercises NO!!! No stretching on the scar....heres my exercise philosophy, if you run enough, 25-35 miles a week,,,lift light weights...there is no need to do anything else...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

i tend to agree with new hair the ab crunches will do absolutely nothing for your weightloss except give your firmer ab muscles however these will never be seen under a layer of fat.

concentrate on cardio and weights , interval training is the most effecient type of cardio.. i must say i started lifting heavy after 4 weeks, i may or may not have resumed to early but just couldnt take postponing any longer

Jogging yes!! Ab exercises NO!!! No stretching on the scar....heres my exercise philosophy, if you run enough, 25-35 miles a week,,,lift light weights...there is no need to do anything else...

I would feel more comfortable to jog for 30 mins in the morning and 30 in the evening while im at work. Just waiting for another week to complete a full month and im going to start off with this..

Having a look at the insanity program as well . Let me start off today with a nice walk in the park and see if im upto my old rhythm. ;);)

BadBeat,

I prefer to err on the side of caution. I would not undertake a program like Insanity for at least two months after surgery. The greatest risk is scar stretching but, with a little care you can avoid stressing the scar.

There is no weight lifting. It is a combination of plyometrics and cardio using your own body as resistance. It's a killer. It's perfect for my goals as I am uninterested in building bulk but like a lean and cut look.

NHP,

I agree that running and light weights are great for maintenance if you're already in reasonably good shape. Insanity (if you do it as it's meant to be done) delivers a radically transformed physique in a very sort amount of time which was what I was looking for. I was blown away by my results but now I've blown away all of my results. :(

Getting married 6 months ago didn't help matters.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 7 months later...

Change your eating habits. Follow these 2 simple rules...

Eat like a King for breakfast

A Prince for lunch

Pauper for tea

Second rule....

Don't eat anything beige coloured (crisps, white bread, butter, rice) as they are all hard to burn off.

You'll get in shape in no time.

(Whilst exercising of course.)

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 7 months later...

Yes it is a good idea for the belly fat lose that avoid all junk and fast foods and take more natural and organic foods. If we do regular exercises along with these raw foods we will really get better results for our belly fat burning.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge