Potential Recommendation of Dr. Radha Rani Palkurthi of Andhra Pradesh, India

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

In North America, the market for 350 million people is shared by 40 plus physicians recommended by our community. In India, we currently recommend only one physician in a market for over 1 billion people. After interviewing Dr. Radha Palakurthi of India and seeing several examples of her surgical procedure and results, I believe that Dr. Radha Palakurthi should be considered for potential recommendation by this community. At this time, Dr. Radha is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here

Dr. Radha was trained by Coalition member Dr. Pathomvanich has over 4 years of experience performing exclusive hair transplant surgery. She also operates on only one patient per day and offers her high quality follicular unit hair transplant procedure to her patients at a highly reduced cost of one US dollar per graft via the FUT method and two US dollars per graft via FUE.

Dr. Radha recently received a number of glowing reviews by her patients sharing their experience and photos on this community. See below for a few recent examples:

Member "RodG" Shares His Experience and Photos with Dr. Radha - 2075 Grafts

Member "HiFlyer" Shares His Experience and Photos with Dr. Radha - 3354 Grafts

Member "Cardel25" Shares His Experience and Photos with Dr. Radha - 2694 Grafts

Dr. Palakurthi specializes in dense packing, megasessions and has experience in performing successful eyebrow and moustache transplantation procedures. She is also experienced in performing high quality follicular unit hair transplantation on Indian, Asian, African American and Caucasian hair.

Dr. Radha has a large and experienced staff of 11 surgical assistants averaging 4 years of experience and has the ability to perform large densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. Dr. Radha also performs hair transplant gigasessions exceeding 4000 grafts for those with exceptional donor hair characteristics.

Dr. Radha Palakurthi is very hands-on and is involved in every step of the procedure including harvesting the donor strip, preparing the grafts, making tiny recipient incisions in balding areas and inserting 30 to 40% of the grafts herself. Dr. Radha asserts that hairline reconstruction is an art and is the hair transplant surgeon's signature. Thus, in order to create the most natural looking hairline that mimics nature, Dr. Radha uses single haired follicular units to re-create the hairline.

Dr. Radha Palakurthi uses a single blade to harvest the donor strip in order to minimize follicular transection and employs the trichophytic closure technique using a single layer closure with external absorbable sutures to minimize the appearance of scarring. Dr. Radha uses tiny needles as small as .7mm in recipient areas in order to minimize trauma to the scalp and maximize dense packing when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Radha is a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery), the AAHRS (Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons) and the IAHRS (Indian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons). Dr. Radha Palakurthi is also a board certified diplomate of the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Given Dr. Radha Palakurthi's experience and commitment to ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation, I believe that she should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

View some of her patient and surgical photos below:

2433 Grafts with Dr. Radha

2282 Grafts with Dr. Radha

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha (4.5 Months Post-Op)

2427 Grafts with Dr. Radha

2635 Grafts with Dr. Radha

2881 Grafts with Dr. Radha

Photos Showing Dr. Radha in Surgery

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding her potential recommendation.

Dr. Palkurthi seems to be gaining popularity these days. From what I've seen of her work, and knowing that Dr. Path trained her, I definitely recommend her.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi,

Whilst I am only 1 month post after my HT surgery with Doctor Radha and I can't comment on the result of my hair transplant for at least another 6 months. I can attest that her clinic is well run,she is a very professional person and is dedicated to the art of hair restoration. I think she would make a good recommended doctor on this forum.

Regards

Rod

Hi Bill & Community members,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to write about Dr Radha and her work. I underwent a hair transplant surgery with Dr Radha on 30 December 2011, it's been only 2 months now. Dr Radha transplanted 3290 grafts in one session using a FUT technique and trichophytic closure.

She is very neat and clean in her work at the Clinic in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh. Her professionalism and acute care toward patients reflect her hands-on speciality in hair transplant surgeries. She came across as a knowledgable and expert in her field. She is always available on phone and emails for any queries -pre or post surgical treatments. The best thing about her practice that she does only one surgery a day, unlike other surgens in India who does 3-4 surgeries, hence giving personal attention and better result to each patient.

I am very much satisfied with the closure of donar area as my scar is not visible even in very short hair. The new hairline has been created and it's too early to comment on the transplanted hair as its been only 2 months. But I believe the result will be above my expectations. I will surely update the community at 5th or 6th month.

Considering her personal attention, dedication in performing surgeries, her knowledge & expertise in hair transplant, patient service, well-maintained clinic complemented with trained staff, it's an honor to recommend Dr Radha on this website. I wish her all the best in her future endeavor.

Happy growing and best regards,

Anil Shahdadpuri

Currently in Kuwait

USA (2006 to 2011)

I'm highly impressed by Dr. Radha; very clean surgical technique, dedicated to state-of-the-art hair restoration, and natural post-operative results. She definitely has my vote!

Good luck Dr. Radha!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Members,

I appreciate everyone's valuable input on this topic. Dr. Radha Palakurthi has certainly produced a number of fans on this community over the past several months and after interviewing her and viewing her results, I can see why. She was trained by one of the best and has shown plenty of evidence that she's doing high quality ultra refined follicular unit hair transplant surgery. Given the positive input we received from patient and quality physician members of this community, I'd like to congratulate Dr. Palakurthi on becoming our newest recommended hair restoration physician in India.

View her recommendation profile on the Hair Transplant Network by clicking here.

I encourage anyone considering hair transplant surgery in India and beyond to consult with Dr. Radha Palakurthi.

I expect we'll see even more quality work from her in the coming months.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill ,

I cannot comment much in terms of the results of the HT i just had.Its been just over 2 weeks. But im really impressed with how Dr Radha treats her patients and staff. Felt really at ease while i was there in vizag to the entire procedure. Will keep the forum members updated on my results.

Like i have said before - I cant recommend Radha highly enough.

She os a very dedicated surgeon with great surgical skills. And above all she is a wonderful person. She is Warm genuine and kind.

Im glad that she is on the verge of receiving this community's aknowledge. She truly deserves it. I wish her all the Best. She made my HT experience a wonderful experience.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Congratulations to Dr. Radha Palkurthi for becoming the newest member of the Hair Restoration Network's recommended physicians!!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Dr. Radha,

Congratulations! We look forward to seeing more and more of your world class hair transplantation.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Doctor Radha Rani has only just been recommended on this site and that is the reason there are not that many before/after photographs. Its my understanding that FUT is her main focus at her clinic but she does do smaller sessions of up to 500 FUE sessions.

Regards Rod

Her work looks fine as an American recommended surgeon. She really deserves to be recommended. Her work impresses me more than Dr. Madhu and Dr. Humayun both, plus she does FUE. Wishing for more Asian or Middle Eastern doctors to be recommended. I love Cardel 25 result. Its breathtaking. Good choice Bill.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates about Dr. Radha's recommendation?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]