Who is the cheapest decent doctor for FUE?

olmert

I'm on a low budget. I don't need the best doctor. I am sure I should avoid the worst doctor.

So when money is a big factor, who is the cheapest FUE doctor (with only the decent doctors included)?

I am willing to travel to any country at all.

In theory I can do the cheaper FUT because I am only getting 2500 grafts. I am just scared of the scar.

Edited by olmert

"Decent" is a subjective term. I would never advise anyone to seek out the "cheapest" work because you generally will pay ALOT more in repairs after any initial savings. It simply is not worth it, ESPECIALLY if you are seeking FUE, which is more difficult than conventional strip.

I would say you have two choices:

1) Save enough money to visit a reputable FUE surgeon, preferably one who is recommended here and/or has an established track record of positive results.

2) Forget about getting FUE and opt for strip. You'll end up with a strip scar but in the right hands it won't be noticeable.

Don't ever let cost be the deciding factor. If you can't afford it, you don't need one.

"Decent" is a subjective term. . . . Save enough money to visit a reputable FUE surgeon, preferably one who is recommended here and/or has an established track record of positive results.

Then who is the cheapest one with an established record or the cheapest one recommended here?

there all to expensive for the risk and the result that is not 100% sastisfied guranted

Motreal

On this thread you are bashing FUE, on the other thread you say FUT should be banned? Why are you here? Are you hear to persuade people to take no action? I'm just wondering what your agenda is because it certainly doesn't seem to be support!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

DO NOT have a hair transplant if you want a cheap one.

I cannot stress that enough.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

You have had some great advice from the guys above

Alarm bells ring when posts have the word "cheap" in them , a "cheap" job will leave you with a mess to sort out at even more finacial and emotional cost .

The top ht surgeons charge what there charge because they can , because they are very good at what they do , which is reflected on to you with a natural , well healing and realistic looking proceedure .

To echo whats been said before , if you can't afford it don't enter into this ht world , it's just not worth the risk , there is no going back , even with fue , ok you don't have a smiley scar but you could be left with unatural thick dark sparsly spaced hairs , with out much coverage , you can shave but it'll never look right .

This is an fue transplant shaven down , this was taken from sky tv

DSC04007.jpg

Get on meds and save until you can afford the best .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

There are many doctors on here who only charge between $3-$4 a graft, which is many times cheaper than it was back in the 1990's. When I had my surgeries back between 1992-94, grafts were $22 a piece!

Even the best doctors on here are just a little over $4/graft if you have a decent sized session.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Chrisdav ..... Hi bud , its going well , I totally shed and my own hair has mostly grown back in , where we transplanted into the right side of the crown has taken a hit , it looks thin at the moment and is very slowly returning to pre HT2 condition .

My temples are not really noticable , it just looks like I'm having a bad hair day , I was suprised at how grey I am really after always colouring my hair hahahaha .

I was busted the other day , at work and have been wearing a beaning all the time , one of my buddies whipper off my beany and said fuck me bud whats happened to you hair , I just told him I had been off the meds , they all know I take meds for my hair , had a bit of stick but they all shut up when my hair grew back hahaha , anyway I said I come off the meds for a bit while trying for a baby , they bought it , dickheads

In the mean time I have already got a few new colourless spikey little stubbly hairs and pimples popping up on both my crown and temples which is encouraging at 2 months , the first HT took ages to grow in , but this time I have healed alot better and a lot quicker , and have had some very early signs of new growth .

I have had some of my original hair ,probrbly from shock , start to grow back recently too in the recipiant areas , the scar is great , healed very quickly but with a little lingering redness , it feels almost back to normal , it was a little sensertive to touch at first , but now after 8 weeks it feels the same as the rest of my scalp .

I took the pic a month ago , it was something on sky news .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

1. I understand the argument not to get a cheap transplant, but who is the cheapest good surgeon?

2. As for the advice to save travel costs with a local surgeon, a flight to India is only $1,200.

3. As for the advice to "start your research in cheap areas such as brazil, tyrkey, thailand and india," how do I start my research? Do you have any surgeon's name?

4. As for the advice that there are doctors who charge only $3 to $4 per graft, is this for FUE or FUT? Which of the good doctors charge the cheapest price?

If you cannot afford FUE with a proven, top doctor then you should not have the procedure done. Look at it this way, a failed procedure will cost you much more, financially, in terms of downtime, and emotionally.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

SMG does $6 a graft for FUE - but that's nothing in comparison to this great doc I met at K-Mart who has a "Buy One Graft Get One Free" deal!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If you cannot afford FUE with a proven, top doctor then you should not have the procedure done. Look at it this way, a failed procedure will cost you much more, financially, in terms of downtime, and emotionally.

Exactly!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

This question depends on where you are willing to travel to. Where do you want to get the procedure done? As each country, basically, has different rates because of various factors: Real estate, technician costs, doctors insurance costs, and etc may be lower.

With some doctors, you may be able to get discount pricing due to various reasons, such as cancellations, the share/use of photos, or videos etc.

I think FUE prices in North America can & should average between 5-8 bucks a grafts for the most part. With the use of more sophisticated motorized punches, the extraction process IS faster and more efficient, thus reducing costs or should be reducing costs.

However, some FUE clinics in Turkey, or other certain parts of Europe, are using manual punches which is more labor intensive and are still able to offer lower rates than North American clinics.

Have you checked out prices in Europe or Turkey? Some areas I have seen 3.5 Euro per graft (about $4.66 per graft according to today's exchange rates).

I mean if price is a factor for you, then there are options available in a variety of countries that are able to handle lower costs per graft. But you have to also factor in the costs of travel, hotel stays, flights, food etc., to get a close estimate of the total costs involved. Sometimes there are travel incentives by the clinic so you don't lose much. I really don't think the cheaper the procedure is, the worse it may be. Yes, in some cases it may be true (especially if you find an unknown/unpopular clinic in US/Canada offering such prices), but I think if you do your due diligence, you should be good to go. I think if you go to a clinic that has a bunch of bad quality reviews or LACK of reviews and photos rather, then that would be a mistake. I am sure if you find a clinic that has decent reviews, and is not afraid to showcase their work over the internet, and can offer you the price you seek for the number of grafts you seek, then why not. Check them all out.

Have you consulted with all the clinics that offer FUE on this forum? They, for the most part, break down everything in detail and tell you the costs and there is a great deal of photo/video evidence of their results not only by the clinics themselves, but also by forum members here. You can start there and then see which surgeon is the most cost efficient for you in terms of location, price per graft, etc etc. Look at all the results that "wow" you and then compare the doctors. I reviewed a bunch of doctors on the forum and even ones that are not recommended here before I made my decision. I think all the doctors I looked through were good, but I had to weigh the pro's and con's of each doctor to get to my final ones. I'd say price was just 1 of the many factors for me too. Another factor was the size of the punch used for FUE extraction, and I can keep going.

Look through everything. Don't rush. Study this first and weigh the pros/cons. Then make your decision.

Good Luck!

Olmert,

I know it's probably not what you'd like to hear, but I think your best option, as of right now, is to take a step back and NOT undergo surgical hair restoration at this time.

Frankly, the characteristics you're describing in your ideal surgeon - fast, cheap, decent, are a recipe for a poor hair transplantation, and the reality is that you'll spend FAR more money in the end by choosing this route.

Personally, I'd schedule an appointment with a dermatologist, analyze your current level of hair loss, and begin preventive options like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia). After this, spend some time researching (you cannot skip this step) and saving for a well planned and executed procedure.

Please let me know if you'd like any help. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Olmert,

I know it's probably not what you'd like to hear, but I think your best option, as of right now, is to take a step back and NOT undergo surgical hair restoration at this time.

Frankly, the characteristics you're describing in your ideal surgeon - fast, cheap, decent, are a recipe for a poor hair transplantation, and the reality is that you'll spend FAR more money in the end by choosing this route.

Personally, I'd schedule an appointment with a dermatologist, analyze your current level of hair loss, and begin preventive options like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia). After this, spend some time researching (you cannot skip this step) and saving for a well planned and executed procedure.

Please let me know if you'd like any help. Good luck!

Agree 100%! Don't even think about fast and cheap when it comes to a HT. that is just a recipe for disaster.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I agree that it's the completely wrong focus but I don't see anything wrong with looking into cheaper areas of the world. I agree that to look for the cheapest one in the US or in Europe is the recipe for disaster and will most likely cost you more to fix that the HT itself. For cheap, you get inexperienced or bad doctors and unfortunately there are thousands of example of how horribly bad that can go.

But on the other hand, there are good doctors in Thailand, Turkey, Thailand and India, many of whom are recommended by this very forum. I don’t see anything wrong with looking into these. I could mention names but wouldn’t be doing you any favor in doing so as that undermines how important research is before you decide on an HT!

Dude. I do not say this to be holier than though, or bigger, or cleverer. I say it simply for your own good. You obviously have not researched HT’s even 5% as much as you need to. You need to spend every free minute looking at results, learning about *procedures and comparing doctors.

For one, if it was a toss up between getting fut from a great surgeon with a scar, or poor fue from a cheap surgeon, it isn’t even a close call. The high quality out ways the scar 1000000x over. Having natural looking hair in the recipient area, especially if it’s the hair line is the single most important thing in the whole HT. Having a bad ht to save money will cost you a lot more down the line fixing it eventually with a good HT. Seriously man. This can ruin peoples lives.

Here is a little story concerning the scar. I had my stip surgery with DR. Feller on 16th Jan. One of my big concerns was the scar as I shave the sides of my head to a 2 guard. However I have really thick hair in my donor region and meeting Spex he said that he thought I’d be fine with the scar. I decided to stick with strip for higher yield and as it is more economical. 2.5 weeks after the surgery on 1st Feb I had the sides of my hair shaved down to a 4 and told the barber that I had a bike accident so I had a big scar. He was really careful and worked around it, however there was a lack of hair growing as expected. 3 weeks after then (Under 6 weeks after the HT) last Friday I went back to get it shaved down again. The barber looked at my head and couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t even find the scar. It took him like 5 minutes. Afterwards he was amazed and said he had never seen anything like it as there was hair growing out of the scar it’s self (Obviously the tricho closure). He said that my doctor must have done an amazing job as he had never seen a scar heal so well and thin on a head. He then shaved my hair down to a grade 3 into a grade 4 and you can see no sign at all (Bear in mind that this is under 6 weeks post op). Finally he asked if he could take a picture as he was amazed that hair could grow out of a scar, and took a picture on his I Phone. Funnily I was on the bus on Saturday night going for a night out when I bumped into him. He was still talking about how amazing it was and even got his phone out to show me the picture again, much to my embarrassment. Haha.

Anyway, I am not saying don’t get FUE and I am definitely not saying that a scar will be no problem at all for anyone. As mentioned, I have a very thick donor region to cover it and have suffered no shock loss in the area so I’ve been lucky. I am just saying that high quality fut over low quality fue for the same price, I would take the fut every time. Alternatively, save up more and get the good doctor to do the FUE at the inflated price.

Ultimately I am saying do a lot more research before you do anything.

Cheapest FUE decent doctor in my opinion is Dr. Keser from Dermaplast Clinic in Ankara Turkey... His prices are very reasonable, ONLY 3.5 EURO per graft...Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Pro hair clinc belgium are the cheapest i have seen for FUE, they are popular on some of the other boards I frequent, I quite wonder what the HT veterans of this site would make of them? I have seen consistent and well documented results but as far as I understand, its a group of technicians, not one surgeon (apologies to all if this is all mis-information).

Bisanga is 5 euros first 1000 grafts, 3 euros per graft therafter and you will be getting a top surgeon imo.

Edited to say that for 2500 grafts, pro hair price would be 5750, its on their site.

It says the surgeon is dr schrapen but from my unerstanding the techs do everything, i would love it if anyone else knew more about these and could chip in as frankly i havent got a scooby doo

Edited by ManinSpace