Who is the cheapest decent doctor for FUE?

olmert

Pro hair clinc belgium are the cheapest i have seen for FUE, they are popular on some of the other boards I frequent, I quite wonder what the HT veterans of this site would make of them? I have seen consistent and well documented results but as far as I understand, its a group of technicians, not one surgeon (apologies to all if this is all mis-information).

Prohair have many good results to show but most of them are from before the surgeon quit. So be careful in looking too much into the cases that are more than a year old or so (can't remember exactly when he quit). IF they are good I would expect to see they show as many new cases ove r the next year to show that they can operate well without the surgeon.

Cost is not a factor either way. I went to a doctor highly recommend on this site as one of the best who charged a lot of money and my end result was very poor and lost grafts that can never be replaced. I had numerous well respected doctors in the coalition evaluate the work and was told it was not what it should have been for the amount of grafts placed. However Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis followed my saga and offered two free surgeries to help get me where I should have been with the first doctor. Dr. Shapiro's work is progressing nicely. My first doctor's membership was revoked on this site becuase of my ordeal and that of several others around the same time from what I've been told.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Baldwhiskey, I have seen on some other forums i use that ProHair have been flooding the boards with new HT's so it will be very interesting to see how they grow out over the next few months. I think ill always be uneasy, very cheap and no 'surgeon' so to speak, but i will watch with interest.

Time to do something, Im sorry you had a bad experience, seems Ron Shapiro is quite the philanthropist! Ron if your reading, im in need too! (Im not really but boy would i love to let him at my hair for one day!)

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is kinda old but I can't believe no one even bothered to mention Dr Bhatti from India, who is an IAHRS, ISHRS, and American Hairloss Association recommended doctor, who charges $1.40 per graft on FUE. It's pretty disturbing to me that a guy was asking a simple question and no one had an answer for him because apparently this very affordable and very good doctor is not recommended by this site so he should not be mentioned?

Jimmy, I wish someone told me that a year ago. As things ended up, I went to a doctor recommended here and got FUT. I am pretty satisfied, though if I could do it over, I probably would have opted for FUE for no scar.

As things stand, I am ready for a second surgery. I figure, since I already have a scar, I might as well get FUT again. I figure the scar will only get slightly bigger.

I am considering Dr. Humayun Mohmand in Pakistan, who is cheap. Any thoughts on him or someone else good and cheap for FUT? Any thoughts on whether I should get FUE, despite already having a scar anyway?

A lot of people answered in the nature of "if price is even one bit of factor, you shouldn't get any surgery." It is a ridiculous answer, as price needs to be for even the wealthiest at least something of a factor. No one would go to a doctor charging 1 million dollars if his results were just a drop better than someone doing it free.

Saying price should be a non-factor is as ridiculous as saying price should be the only factor.

I think you're throwing people off with the use of the word 'cheap.' That word should never be used in conjunction with hair transplant…or sushi. ;)

A lot has changed in the 2 years since you started this thread. Have you looked into Bisanga and Feriduni in Belgium? Erdogan in Turkey? I'm not overly familiar with their prices, but from what I gather they are considerably less expensive than someone like Lorenzo, who charges top dollar - and rightly so.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Yeah, I guess I should have said "least expensive," instead of cheap. Then, everyone might not have said "money is no object; if you don't know this, you shouldn't get a transplant. Better to pay $1 million more, if the doctor has one more satisfied patient."

For rich patients, an extra $10K might be so little that price should not be any factor. But not everyone is rich, and as long as you are taking a doctor recommended here or widely recommended elsewhere, it is not entirely clear how much more you get for that extra $10K that some charge.

Two years ago, I decided to limit myself to the doctors recommended here, not because I thought that they were the only good ones. (A lot of people explained that this website charges doctors, and some are good, but don't want to pay.) I just figured I had to draw the line somewhere on how much information I could absorb. (Had I known Dr. Bhatti was doing FUE at only $1.40 per graft and was regarded well, I probably would have gone with his FUE.)

But two years ago, all the doctors recommended here were much less expensive for FUT rather than FUE, and all charging much more than $1.40 per graft for FUE. Back then Dr. Radha Palakurthi was the cheapest for FUE, charging $2 per graft, but she sent me an email which suggested she expected only an 80% yield for FUE and encouraged FUT. I was confused by the email, since no doctor would do FUE with such a low yield, and understood from the email that Dr. Radha Palakurthi wanted to get out of the FUE business.

In any event, I am not rich, and there were already other reasons arguably to opt for FUT without even a cost savings (for example, possible better yield and more grafts/session). Accordingly, I got FUT from a doctor recommended here.

And now I am ready for the next surgery. I have to decide again whether to get FUE or FUT for this round 2 and don't know what to do. FUE for only $1.40 per graft is temptingly cheap.

A lot of people will have no sympathy for me and say I just need "to do the research." But anyone who has done the research knows, no matter how deeply you look into it, you have to assess conflicting opinions, and "the research" does not yield a clear answer, but merely subjective opinions.

I guess I can start by getting prices from Bisanga, Feriduni, and Erdogan. Two years ago Humayen, Radha, and Madhu were the cheapest doctors here, so I should look into them too.

Edited by olmert

Jimmy, I wish someone told me that a year ago. As things ended up, I went to a doctor recommended here and got FUT. I am pretty satisfied, though if I could do it over, I probably would have opted for FUE for no scar.

As things stand, I am ready for a second surgery. I figure, since I already have a scar, I might as well get FUT again. I figure the scar will only get slightly bigger.

I am considering Dr. Humayun Mohmand in Pakistan, who is cheap. Any thoughts on him or someone else good and cheap for FUT? Any thoughts on whether I should get FUE, despite already having a scar anyway?

A lot of people answered in the nature of "if price is even one bit of factor, you shouldn't get any surgery." It is a ridiculous answer, as price needs to be for even the wealthiest at least something of a factor. No one would go to a doctor charging 1 million dollars if his results were just a drop better than someone doing it free.

Saying price should be a non-factor is as ridiculous as saying price should be the only factor.

Sorry to hear that, it was very frustrating to me reading through the thread, with not one person actually helping you out, but I understood your question from the OP. "Cheap", "Least expensive" it doesn't matter, they know what you were talking about. Anyway, you don't have to settle for another FUT, FUT+FUE is good. Just go get a FUE now with Dr. Bhatti or a similarly priced doctor with reputable credentials. Be open minded, don't just look at recommended doctors on this site only because that is what you are being told.

Yeah, I guess I should have said "least expensive," instead of cheap. Then, everyone might not have said "money is no object; if you don't know this, you shouldn't get a transplant. Better to pay $1 million more, if the doctor has one more satisfied patient."

I don't think anyone is saying that. There are a lot of people, myself included, who feel that money and travel shouldn't be the driving factors in something as important as your cosmetic appearance. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of repair cases on this forum due to the patient trying to save a buck.

But anyone who has done the research knows, no matter how deeply you look into it, you have to assess conflicting opinions, and "the research" does not yield a clear answer, but merely subjective opinions.

What research does is arm you with information to make an informed decision.

I guess I can start by getting prices from Bisanga, Feriduni, and Erdogan. Two years ago Humayen, Radha, and Madhu were the cheapest doctors here, so I should look into them too.

I'm not familiar with the last three, but Bisanga, Feriduni and Erdogan are among the best FUE surgeons in the world.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 7 months later...

I think this thread may be the answer for a cheap decent doctor for FUE - refered by Jose Lorenzo in Argentina - as a co-member of his company.

How good "Jose Lorenzo" student can be? - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

I'm going to give him a visit next week.

Any comments or question you may have that you'ld like me to make to him... are all welcome!

• 4 months later...

And don't let anyone blindly recommend strip over FUE. If you loose too much hair later in the future and opt to buzz you will regret the strip. I've done strip and I regret it. The difference in results these days are not noticeably different to me..

Horrible. It is 3 months later. There was heavy, heavy internal bleeding in the recipient area. One guy believes the hair donation density was made higher than my scalp could handle, and that the doctor should have tested the area better to see if it could handle the density without bleeding because bleeding drowns and suffocates the donor grafts. I don't see much growth, and I see enormous shock loss. I will withhold judgment for another 6 months when the shock loss clears.

• 1 year later...

My friend from USA got fue transplant in Tbilisi, Georgia. Doctor Tsilosani is well known transplant surgeon. Affordable prices for strip especially for fue transplant!!!

Good luck!

Leo

I'm on a low budget. I don't need the best doctor. I am sure I should avoid the worst doctor.

So when money is a big factor, who is the cheapest FUE doctor (with only the decent doctors included)?

I am willing to travel to any country at all.

In theory I can do the cheaper FUT because I am only getting 2500 grafts. I am just scared of the scar.

Edited by Admin
Promotional link removed

I totally understand the position you're in man, but as many users I basically pointing out "hair surgeon" and "cheapest" is an oxy-moron. I definitely think there's plenty of highly rated ones that are thousands of dollars in price differences and you should skim through those. That's what I did.

But as far a "decent" Doctor or global.. You're taking a higher risk for not only an ineffective surgery but one that potentially does the opposite and causes more damage.

This is one investment that you should think twice into price. Best of luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

• 8 months later...
I went to one of the most affordable FUE doctors around and my transplant looks great. So it is possible to get a great result without breaking the bank.

Who was that?

I'm currently looking for some suggestions on someone 'affordable' (won't use the word cheap here lest I get scolded)

Fact is, some of us will never be able to afford the best of the best so we need to looks for the best of those that are at least affordable to the normal guy

Does anyone have any suggestions for good surgeons in Eastern Europe out of interest?