Dr. Arocha - No Propecia, 4569 FUT procedure, 5 month results

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for pointing that out, Ventuoguy!

I think it is important to note for those considering a hair transplant that your post-op experience does not have to mean you need to hide out for weeks on end. Skilled surgeons and great techs are able to produce a masterpiece that will allow you to fly under the radar as much as possible immediately following your procedure.

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 4 months later...

Hi hdude,

I just contacted him to bring him back in for a followup visit!!! We can't wait to see how he looks now! Once he comes back, I'll update the photos. Thanks for taking the time to look.

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

This is a great result and a really interesting case. I know propecia is recommended and advised when getting a transplant. I am 28 and have a similar hair loss pattern to this patient. I have more hair then he does currently. I hate taking meds even though I have started Propecia, though I am seriously considering stopping the use. I am curious, what did it seem like he was progressing towards, a V or VI? Does he have enough left for a second decent sized procedure should the rest go? This case gives me hope that I can do the same.

Hi GB83,

Thank you for taking the time to view the result. Here are the answers to your questions. He was miniaturizing in a NW 4V pattern (retaining hair in the forelock and bridge), so his hair still effectively combed over when he wore it longer. Comb overs, like hats, mask hair loss. Without the benefit of his transplant eventually he likely would have developed into a NW 5 or 6. He has enough donor in reserve to do 2 to 3 more procedures plus FUE if needed. Let me know if you have any other questions!

~Kira

Hi GB83,

Thank you for taking the time to view the result. Here are the answers to your questions. He was miniaturizing in a NW 4V pattern (retaining hair in the forelock and bridge), so his hair still effectively combed over when he wore it longer. Comb overs, like hats, mask hair loss. Without the benefit of his transplant eventually he likely would have developed into a NW 5 or 6. He has enough donor in reserve to do 2 to 3 more procedures plus FUE if needed. Let me know if you have any other questions!

~Kira

Thanks for the response Kira. Do you see a decent amount of patients that do not take fin? Pretending that the bridge and forelock are gone, would he have enough donor to cover all of this sufficiently?

Hello GB83,

Not a problem. Yes, Dr. Arocha does see a decent amount of patients who do not take finasteride. This particular patient, given the scenario you described, would have ample donor to do two to three additional procedures.

Bowl 81,

Thank you! Updates on him coming soon :)

~Kira

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi hdude46,

Sorry I missed this post. Guess we were so busy at that time. I think it is really worth posting Dr. Arocha's prior post:

"Thank you ladies and gents for all your support and kind words. Let me clarify, we always recommend medical treatment to mitigate the chronic progressive nature of Androgenetic Alopecia in our MPB patients. However, remember that the threshold for the visible detection of thinning is 50% hair loss in the area. Our patient had a relatively stronger bridge, with more significant thinning in the frontal third and mid-scalp /crown areas. Hence the 4500+ FUT procedure was enough to restore his frontal and crown areas. So in his case it has worked out great for him even without Propecia. Remember that he is only 5 months post op and he will improve much more in the frontal/hair line and crown areas at least initially. However, with the passing of time, he will likely continue to thin his native hair, as it is genetically programmed. Genetics always wins in the end!!So eventually, he might need a small touch up if this occurs."

I hope that this clarifies this important point. As we say in Texas,"Y'all have a nice weekend."

Cant Decide -

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I wasn't trying to give a false impression with the photos. The very first time the patient came in, he had his hair grown out. When he came in the morning of the procedure, he had his hair cut shorter. When I post the photos, I like to show the photos we take immediately before his procedure. In this specific case, he happened to have shorter hair. Dr. Arocha does not shave down any hair in order to allow the patient to fly under the radar as much as possible. He is able to work and create sites throughout the existing hair. Sorry it was confusing.

Thanks, hairthere and orlhair1! We appreciate it! :o

~Kira

Why is there no pic of the immediate post op?

I think a pic with grafts freshly implanted is the one that is most crucial in appreciating the artistic abilities of any HT surgeon.

However the results are just great...:)

Thanks.

Why is there no pic of the immediate post op?

I think a pic with grafts freshly implanted is the one that is most crucial in appreciating the artistic abilities of any HT surgeon.

However the results are just great...:)

Thanks.

There is in post #10. The work is just so clean its hard to tell that it is immediately post op, it just looks like the hair is wet

naaa.... saw post#10, front hairline looks trimmed and theres is no visible grafts on the crown. Immediatly after the transplant you can see lot of ( ... ok atleast some.. )blood spots and fresh implanted grafts. I am not buying into the argument that the job was so clean that the grafts were invisible. As of now that technology is only with God..:)

naaa.... saw post#10, front hairline looks trimmed and theres is no visible grafts on the crown. Immediatly after the transplant you can see lot of ( ... ok atleast some.. )blood spots and fresh implanted grafts. I am not buying into the argument that the job was so clean that the grafts were invisible. As of now that technology is only with God..:)

Believe whatever you want, you can see the work its just difficult. Look at the rest of his work, it all looks the same. So since the pics in post #10 say immediately post-op, are suggesting that the clinic is lying?

Believe whatever you want, you can see the work its just difficult. Look at the rest of his work, it all looks the same. So since the pics in post #10 say immediately post-op, are suggesting that the clinic is lying?

I am not commenting on the results, and i have seen his work, its impressive no doubt. Can you please show me more pics of immediate post op with invisible grafts?

I sure found one but his work had visible grafts at that time i guess.. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168984-dr-arocha-6-month-3023-fut-results.html

As far as clinic is lying or not I dont wish to make any comment on it.

But post #10 immediate post op pic fails to impress me. :confused::confused: And i am really surprised no one else felt the same!!! C'mmoonn... we hav seen a lot of post op pics havnt we?

Thanks.

HTdone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to view Dr. Arocha's work. I'd like to address this one. There are photos of the work immediately post-op. As greatjob pointed out, I have provided the high resolution images in post #10 of this thread. While it might be hard to believe, this was taken immediately after the patient's procedure. My office is located right next to Dr. Arocha's studio, so I can vouch that these images are real. The work is so clean- it is hard to tell he had anything done. Dr. Arocha does not shave patient's hair in attempt to allow them to go as unnoticeable as possible. He is able to work throughout a patient's existing hair. Integrity is important to Arocha Hair Restoration. That being said, we would never fabricate or alter an image to make it appear to be something it is not.

Here is another example of a patient immediately post-op:

1_post-op.jpg

Here are some other links to patients immediately post-op:

In this particular case, you can see that the area looked relatively clean immediately after his procedure:

8_Immediately-post-op: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration photo Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston Texas US

Female example immediately post-op:

1_Immediately-post-op: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration photo Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston Texas US

Another example:

1_post-op: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration photo Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston Texas US

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions,

Kira